It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i had a family member die and i was wondering what happens to him now? i've heard several things
a)go to heaven or hell
b) be like the rich man and lazarus(if ur good go to a semi-heaven if ur evil then you go a temporary hell, this is until the second coming/rapture/tribulation)
c)your soul awaits(like soul sleeping) the second coming/rapture/tribulation
what is your guys opinion cuz i really don;t know what to think i think its either b or c

[Edited on 28-12-2002 by f16falcon]

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 08:16 PM
link   
may i ask, when and how did he die?

peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 08:33 PM
link   
he died last night (dec 26 of a heart attack) but why does that matter

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Im sorry to hear that falcon, was he a member of the family?

i was just wondering from the conditions of your qeustion.

Now he could either be three places, purgatory heaven or hell, alot don't believe in this
system but baised on church teaching and the bible this is where he is right now.

Please pray for this man, as prayers after death can help a soul very much who is in purgatory.

One place he is not is roaming the earth, when my friend died i thought he was around me
in spirit.

After learning biblical and church teaching i found out that god does not allow this, we can never stay on earth after death and just roam around, we face the seat
of judgement directly after death, we give our life accounts and we are judged out of this.

But like i said, pray for his soul if hes in purgatory, other than that i have no clue where
he could be.

Are you taking it alright falcon?

peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What is this purgatory, and how can the prayers of the living help the position of the dead. Your hereafter is determined by the choice you make before you die. This doesn't follow the theme of the Bible at all. Please, explain this concept.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just had theory as to what happens.

Let's say God takes all the feelings that a person invokes in other people throughout his life and weighs those feelings to decide the next step in his eternity.

Maybe it's a stupid idea, but it sounds fair. Who says the afterlife is about you? Maybe it is about how you treated everyone else. ...An interesting thought if nothing else.

Basically, you reap what you sew, even in death/afterlife.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i'm confused why pray for dead whats been done is done u can;t change their fate so which do you say true a or b

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
What is this purgatory, and how can the prayers of the living help the position of the dead. Your hereafter is determined by the choice you make before you die. This doesn't follow the theme of the Bible at all. Please, explain this concept.

Purgatory is like a semi-heaven. If were not good enough for heaven or evil enough for Hell,God sends you here. Prayers help his time go by faster. You don't stay there forever. By prayer you can help him go to Heaven.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 01:42 PM
link   
According to me, purgatory is a concept made by the Vatican in the middle ages...

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 02:26 PM
link   
jedi and bandit what do u guys believe
btw bandit it wasn;t invented by the vatican look at the story of the rich man and lazarus

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sorry I don't understand your question. Is it do I belive in God? Or where your deceased relative went to?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:43 PM
link   
where did the deceased relative go?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:51 PM
link   
no where, he went into the ground. His soul? Into a new being. Reincarnation. Explains still borns and white light.

You see white light, you are being born in a new body. But you stop and come back, the baby born still born.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My personal opinion: his spirit exists somewhere ("happy hunting ground" or learning area where he is with people similar to himself) if it hasn't reincarnated. This is where the voices of the living (prayers, good thoughts) can influence the dead person to move on (to get over some of their faults and find others to associate with.)

I believe in ghosts. I've encountered some odd stuff that I believe are ghosts but have no proof of it. I do believe the dead speak to us (but not to John Edwards or other mediums) simply because I've heard stories from good sources of someone talking to a loved dead person and that person gave them valid information (where to find an object... not "well, you know I always wanted you to have the stocks but I forgot to change my will.")

I believe the "near death" experiences do point to many people of all faiths and no faiths having an afterlife.

I can't tell you any more about it than that. I haven't been there.

I think prayers for the dead help the soul; help it to move onward (but I have no proof of this.)

I know nothing more than that. I do know that for the living, acts of kindness help those grieving. Write a note to your relative's closest family members; tell them something you appreciated about the man.

This kindness will help them heal a little bit.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
where did the deceased relative go?

If he was a good man, even if he did not belive in God, the Lord will allow him to go to Heaven. Just let him be in your prayers.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ok thanks alot everyone

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A follow-up to what Byrd said.

There are people who have gone to the after life and comeback. I have been at what I would say the border four times.

www.near-death.com...
www.iands.org...
www.afterlife-knowledge.com...

So if you really want to know more about the afterlife, you should check out these websites.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Now he could either be three places, purgatory heaven or hell,

no purgatory doesnt exist its more catholic invention

Christians are right,not cathoclics wwho have made up these theories and all sints as saint christopher for safety on the road and all that crap none off it is true lol

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
...don't know the answer to that question...

...though I don't believe the options are either UP or DOWN when someone dies...rather believe there is also backwards/forwards and even sideways...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The answer to this question is probably impossible to discover, but I believe, if there is to be a religion, it must ONLY attempt to explain that which we DO know...which is that he does not cease to exist, and that's pretty much it.

To me I believe in Reincarnation, and that your spiritual individuality (what makes us different from eachother, because if we had no individuality, we'd be one being, many bodies) is comprised of many past experiences, which effect your life later on, though minutely, because of the chemicals in our brain being so predominent.

Which is why I believe it should be the quest of every sentient being, to discover themselves, who they really are, not what their genetics is, and if you can do that, you will have for this life, freed yourself from your "chemical" bonds, and obtained all the wisdom of your past lives, and be "enlightened" or at least happy, because you are no longer bound to the happy sad chemicals.

I think I've actually obtained some success with this, I should be tested for any chemical differences in my brain
because my happiness and sorrow is no longer bounded by "emotion" if you will, that is if you define emotions as chemical responses in the brain.

Because while things go great for me, some important subtleties have not happend at all
and nothing has happend as I planned, in a sense I should be a horribly depressed individual

Anyways, point I'd like to make, is life is a cycle and so your deceased loved one will probably be reborn some day, with the experiences they had in this life carried with them, but not as memories, but as feelings, which is more important...sadly though most of the world is enslaved spiritually, and those feelings will be supressed for the idea that you only live once and all your past lives is crap and that of course is why much of the world is unhappy
A sad existance, you can obtain enlightenment in one life, but because of general concensus, you lose that enlightenment once you are dead

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

<<   2 >>

join