It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutally Honest Billboard Turns Heads In State With Exploding Muslim Immigrant Population

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Do you think sharia has a chance of becoming the law in America?

Of course not. The fear is of more terror attacks. Whats a terror attack? A Muslim or Islam thing. Super represented in our minds eye by the Burka, the mysterious religion of Islam, the association wth everything Terror, attack, Jihad, Extremism.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: awareness10

Think of me as an investigative journalist simply asking questions.

That is not how this place works. If you are not an investigative journalist, then i will not pretend that you are. What is your opinion on the billboard?

I've already told you my damn answer take it or leave it.

You can pretend anything you want. I have my own reasons, and i'm not sharing them with you. So please stop bugging me about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Kinda funny that. The Constitution has never been exactly "solid". I've taken 4 semesters of Constitutional Law and our Con Law teacher gave me an A+ when I provided the answer that the Constitution says nothing; the Supreme Court says everything about what the Constitution says "today". So, for example, the Supreme Court said the Constitution said, "Separate but Equal" and that was the law until the 1950's when the Supreme Court said the Constitution said that Separate can NEVER be equal".

The invocation of and implementation of Sharia law in England has had nothing to do with criminal law, its been allowed to establish separate Sharia Law Civil Courts where the Mullah's preside over cases involving only Muslims in the resolution of such things as Divorce, Child Custody, Debts and suits in Contract. So, apparently, the English have allowed the estabishment of a parallel justice system that applies only to Muslims.

All that by way of saying, they'll probably never force you to wear a burkah or to cover your head, unless perhaps if you happen to enter a Sharia Law "Zone". Back in the day, women were required to cover their heads and their arms before entering a Catholic Church. I'd guess that's how this might develop in Sharia Law Zones.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And for the most part it is ignored. I think getting a bit of a grip on this is needed. YOu are making more out of it than anyone I know would.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

There are sharia courts in the UK, which coincide with the growing population of Muslims. It is possible courts like these might pop up in the US.
Not as long as our constition is in place. There have been groups who have tried over and over to loosen it's place, but to no avail. Well maybe to a little degree

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Think of me as an investigative journalist simply asking questions.

That is not how this place works. If you are not an investigative journalist, then i will not pretend that you are. What is your opinion on the billboard?

I've already told you my damn answer take it or leave it.

You can pretend anything you want. I have my own reasons, and i'm not sharing them with you. So please stop bugging me about it.
indeed. Lighten up Francis. Why would you keep your agenda secret? You brought up this convo. Geez

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This i haven't seen before, I'd like to know what Americans think of this.

Is the whole thing overblown? Is there a real concern for terrorism within the Colonies?

Is this being used as Subliminal Programming or something else? Have Your Say.

Of course it would have such an emotional effect. A simple McDonald's billboard has the roughly the same emotional effect concept (considering how they train us via advertising (propaganda) from childhood to have undue affection for their brand (i.e. the "HAPPY Meal")..

The bigger question about what to classify as though would come down to the validity of the arguments/content of the website itself, in determining if the billboard itself represents "White" vs. "Grey" vs. "Black Propaganda".
edit on 29-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
... "should" and "fear". Look at the billboard at a glance and you see it, those eyes and "should...fear".

Yep. You called that one.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wonder how France, England and Germany feel about Sharia Law? They have more experience at this point so I think we should look at what is going on over there before we decide if we should fear it or not.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: intrptr
... "should" and "fear". Look at the billboard at a glance and you see it, those eyes and "should...fear".

Yep. You called that one.

I'm kind of mixed up i this now that I'm staring at it finally.

Them coloring the words in makes it hard to read in passing.

And the eyes look a lot like another driver looking at you thru their rear view mirror.

If you're sitting there staring at it though it would have more effect, potentially causing your imagination to run wild.

Like with the American Flag, there's a reason politicians drape 'themselves' in it at their podiums and such, to rile up all of your nationalism / patriotism biases while viewing them. Same reason a 60 second McDonald's commercial will get you loading into your carto drive up there a 1000 times more effectively than single frames of their logo spliced into a film.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

YOu are making more out of it than anyone I know would.

Turn tail, you spew nothing but Muslim hatred , but not here. Here its nah, don' mean nuttin'.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm surprised the headline is 'brutally honest' rather than blatant fearmongering? You do know there is a Jewish version of Sharia already used in America, don't you?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Surprise. Billboards do not have the power to change my opinions. ACTIONS, however do have that power. There is a difference. A billboard is nothing for me to be concerned about at all. Or does that not fit your closed minded view of the world?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why you all so scared?...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Not only should Sharia law be feared, it needs to be counter legislated against from communities being allowed to practice. The very concept is an affront to personal liberties, and against what America stands for. A Sharia dominated community would not permit a woman to go about her day peacefully wearing daisy dukes and a tank top. How is that nothing to be feared??

I know for a fact that American woman should fear Sharia, but as long as they carry something with a minimum of five shots, she should be able to stop any attempts of stoning her. God forbid a woman get raped, thats their queue to get another festive stoning death going as well.

All women should be carrying concealed anyways.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Why you all so scared?...

Because really, the ones its directed at most is the kids, they see everything out the car window. They get the fear most...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is Ironic,I live in a Muslim country and just today i saw a billboard which says ''Should Muslims fear the murphy's law?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Which is more dangerous to a child?:

A) Seeing a billboard with mean looking eyes and a website URL for a second as you pass by doing 60+ MPH

B) Seeing and being taught that the punishment for an accusation of being gay is to be killed by being thrown off a building, or beheaded

edit on 7/29/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Too bad we can't market that awareness like say, a pair of sunglasses.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Which is more dangerous to a child?:

This is way more dangerous. And they never see it.

Could do a thread on it. Ask parents to show their kids that, see what they think? I bet 95 percent won't let them see it.
edit on 29-7-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join