It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutally Honest Billboard Turns Heads In State With Exploding Muslim Immigrant Population

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This i haven't seen before, I'd like to know what Americans think of this.

Is the whole thing overblown? Is there a real concern for terrorism within the Colonies?

Is this being used as Subliminal Programming or something else? Have Your Say.

100percentfedup.com...

alphanewsmn.com...

In a state that doesn’t tolerate any discussion of what the massive influx of Somali refugees has done to their neighborhoods and schools, this billboard will likely be a hot topic in Minnesota. Recently, the Minnesota Governor told his constituents to “Leave the state” if they don’t like the massive influx off Muslims.

A billboard of a woman in a niqab went up on I-94 in Rogers at the beginning of June, prompting calls to the sign company from the public. Copy was added to the billboard in July, which now reads “Should America Fear Sharia?”

The billboard was contracted out by the Center with Franklin Outdoor Advertising, a billboard company in Minnesota and Wisconsin. “The billboard went up the beginning of June,” Franklin salesperson Chris Barta said, “Last Friday we switched it out and put up the one with the website.” The website advertisement billboard will be up from July 1st through the end of the month when the advertisement contract expires. The Center for Security Policy’s website contains articles and videos on national security threats of Islamic terrorism.

edit on 7/29/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2016 by awareness10 because: major typo all fixed.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yah, nothing to see here, according to the bill board company, its 'just an ad'.

Not propaganda, brainwashing or anything. After all it only asks a question, not suggesting people should be afraid...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Wearing makeup and a niqab? Come on...

Reminder: Stretch prior to reaching...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Don't you think it drives a bit of fear into Americans seeing that though, with the phrase 'Should you fear'. It's a bit like Reverse Psychology 101.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some of the immigration policies of the world governments remind me of a child you have told, "Do not stick your finger in the flame for it will hurt and burn you". Yet the child does anyway and then screams for more security and to ban all flames. There must be something in the food or water to make people so stupid ?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yes, but i was seriously curious as to what the People of America would think if they saw that while driving down the highway.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Yes, but i was seriously curious as to what the People of America would think if they saw that while driving down the highway.

They probably tell whomever they're speaking with on the cell phone what they are seeing...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

well that was explanatory thankyou

link   

I would think that some nutjob from an opposing religion (probably a christian) had enough money to waste on this billboard. I would think that they believed that this image and question would cause just enough of a stir among the uneducated flock to garner a bunch of hateful and scared comments on facebook and other random forums, that they could sneak in and steer the convo to best suit their desired response.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, I took the risk of checking it out.
www.shouldamericafearsharia.org...

Its just an Islamaphobic fear mongering propaganda website. It will probably be taken down before long, as will the billboard.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Since not all Americans think alike, you would get a different answer depending upon whom you asked. So, it is a nonsensical question if you ask me. It is like asking, what would a European think?

edit on 7/29/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes i had to add the link. But it was really the Photo that caught me off guard. Pictures speak volumes, people remember visuals.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Looks to me like this is a nasty way to encourage the fearful people to "donate to something they can believe in"

Funny enough, when you type in that address in a browser it redirects to a ".org" instead of keeping the .com

Here is their "About" page : www.shouldamericafearsharia.org...

and here is the organization that is "sponsoring" this "project"

www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Which is why i asked, i wanted a whole array of different answers, for my secret research project.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thats exactly what I meant, I was being facetious (like the bill board).

Note the red white and blue America and the all red crescent moon and star?

Thats not 'Sharia', thats all of Islam, as usual.

The billboard is sponsored by the Center for Security Policy, a Washington, D.C. based national security think tank. The site shouldamericafearsharia.org consists mostly of links to videos discussing different topics about Islam and Islamic extremism. The home page urges visitors to sign a petition to ban Sharia Law in the United States. The petition has gathered only 22 signatures as of July 9th.

Islamaphobic propaganda front, based in Washington. Ilamisisism this and that. They don't care theres no votes for what they are selling. They are selling fear, the marketing angle is quite plain.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Should america be aware of something that would require it's constitution to be shreded?
Well yeah, probably.
fear it?
No
Sharia law is a direct violation of the first amendment. Can't happen while the constitution is in place.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Which is why i asked, i wanted a whole array of different answers, for my secret research project.

Then, my response would be, who cares. I do not put any stock in billboards here. And I know many that feel the same. It's only an advertisement trying to sell you on something. Most of the time, these are completely ignored by me.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

hm yes i can agree it is a bit fear provoking no doubt about it.

Interesting link..

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Great answer, ok. I also wanted to find out also, just how many people are concerned. Are the majority bothered by it?

So far not really.

takes note of that..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join