It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Threatens Innocent Pregnant Woman and Her Fiancé with a Shotgun for Filming Them

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

There are a LOT of videos out there of cops doing really bad stuff.

That being said there is nothing wrong with this video. Cops do that to everyone, and like you said no one got hurt. Cops didn't kill anyone, they just followed protocol, and when that happens no one gets shot.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That being said there is nothing wrong with this video. Cops do that to everyone, and like you said no one got hurt. Cops didn't kill anyone, they just followed protocol, and when that happens no one gets shot.

Is it police protocol to point a gun at a person and then turn their backs on said person...?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Holy F! There was no reason for that. The officer was training a rifle, really at a phone camera. Not at anything dangerous.
I haven't read the other coments to your OP yet, but I can guess.

The following coments...that I am guessing at...just remember...

First, they came for the guy in the project-looking apartments, but I don't live there and it wasn't me....so I didn't say anything (or I said something like it might be dangerous for the officers).

Then they came for the conspiracy theorists and the people who talk politics on a large website and then I.....

edit on 29-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This is pathetic, pointing a shotgun at a pregnant woman. But at the same time I dont think the guy filming has seen the news lately or he'd know he is about a hairs width from being on the young turks racist cop kills unarmed black man segment.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I wasn't bothered at all until the cop turned his back on the people he was covering the whole time with a gun.

If he really thought there was a threat to him he would NOT have turned his back from the target. I know I wouldn't have.

I would have paced back with my rifle pointed at them.

I know it isn't just me who thinks this too. Everyone with a modicum of tactical training would see that and wonder what the hell was going through his mind.

Maybe that guy is racist.

I agree and I starred you several times in this thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes and this 3 minute video is a very good example of 'terrorism' in one of it's many forms.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: imod02

he showed restraint against what exactly, if he didnt show restraint i guess he would have possibly killed prego girlfriend and camera guy for... what crime?

if police need to restrain themselves from killing, then they need to turn in their badge and gun and admitted to a mental health institution.

those cops arent fit for duty. imagine a situation where an assessment needed to be made before shooting, i can guarantee that coward would shoot first, ask dead body to show hands and not to move.

Sorry you have got the wrong end of the stick, im talking about the british police , you might want to look at the link

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

They get that way when you kill 8 of them.
How many people in the house? How many taunts when they arrived?

Stop killing innocents and people might stop filming you.

Until then, get used to it piggies!!!!

edit on 29-7-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Vector99

Is it police protocol to point a gun at a person and then turn their backs on said person...?

Yes it is, depending on the situation.

The guy arrested was in the same house the people filming came out of.

What was the guy arrested for? Any idea? What if it was for a weapon charge. What if they were arresting a murder suspect?

Do you have any idea how fast it can go bad for cops in a blink of an eye?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The only reason any of you care about this is because the cops are white.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

Stop killing innocents and people might stop filming you.

Until then, get used to it piggies!!!!

Tell 13% of the population to stop committing over half the violent crime in this country.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk
13% of the US citizens are violent criminals? Wow that's really high!
I'll qualify that by saying I don't know crime stats but I sounds high.

edit on 29-7-2016 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
He wasn't pointing the gun at him because he was filming. He was pointing the gun at the door of a house full of drug dealing thugs... as indicated by the cameraman saying he "can't make no money like this".

Good on the cop for protecting his fellow officers.

And you thug apologists need to get a freaking grip. These are the very people out there killing eachother over drug money. These are the people who could care less about black lives.

Stop hiding behind false racism hypocrites.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
iTruthSeeker

Huh. I didn't realize those particular folks had anything to do with those tragedies.

Talk about painting with a broad brush.

Usually two sides to every story. I wonder what was said when they arrived to get that cop all edgy. If he was totally in the wrong then punish him, but it was just 1 cop, actually, maybe agent? Plain cloths with armor kind of looks like U.S. Marshals.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

While I fully understand and empathize with your point of view, the video clearly shows this officer did not believe they were a threat.

You don't turn your back on people and walk away casually if you think there's a legitimate threat.

I guess I see what you mean. At the end he also turned on his weapon light, maybe trying to see better what the guy had? I don't know. I agree though, and noticed how he turned and walked away which tactically isn't too bright.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
TheBulk

You're kidding, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yeah I agree here.

That cop has no idea whether anyone is concealing a weapon.

It's scary having a gun pointed at you, granted.

Looks like a felony arrest so tensions are high.

I cut moderate slack for the officer.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Bone75

If you have evidence, I mean real evidence, that the people in the video are "drug dealing thugs", please provide it otherwise your statement is nothing more than hearsay.

Furthermore, would you not agree that simply ending the War on Drugs, thereby effectively eliminating the need for a black market on which to sell illegal narcotics, would go a long way to reducing both violent drug offences and violent citizen/LEO encounters?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Heres the thing, that cop was the ONLY ONE who had a firearm drawn and pointed at the house.

He turned his back on the "threat" and casually walked away.

Doesn't matter what we think of the people inside the house. They were not doing anything wrong.

The police caught their target and were moving to take him in.

All of these things were expressed by the man filming. I happen to agree with him.
edit on 29 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No.

The man had a firearm trained on them for an extended period of time. I had no problem with it until he turned around and casually walked away.

You don't do that with legitimate threats and you don't point your gun at someone unless they are a legitimate threat.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join