It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Threatens Innocent Pregnant Woman and Her Fiancé with a Shotgun for Filming Them

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I don't get how this type of behavior is justifiable. I get that the police were on scene at a house that could be potentially dangerous but as the situation unfolded, the man behind the camera CLEARLY had no intentions of harming these officers serving an arrest warrant. Hell, the man being detained was calm the whole time and showed no indication that he planned on escalating the situation. Yet here is officer John f***ing Rambo with his tacced out shotgun pointed at the videographer as though he had an AK-47 trained on the officers with his finger on the trigger. Instead, all he was pointing at the cops was a camera and that scares them, apparently. Sad.

Okay, I get it. Some of you are going to bring up the fact the guy recording the encounter calls the cops racist, whatever, he's entitled to his opinions as are we all. Maybe the cop is racist but more likely he's just a sniveling coward too afraid to do his job without resorting to military style tactics to serve a simple arrest warrant.

Memphis, TN – A video uploaded toFacebook yesterday 
afternoon, is causing serious backlash against the tactics being used by police to serve an arrest warrant.

As the video begins, several heavily armed men can be seen arresting a man who appeared to be fully compliant with their instructions. Within seconds this “typical” arrest would become yet another example of the incredulous behavior we so often see in the police state.

countercurrentnews.com...

Are we already living in a police state? How do you justify this behavior?

Honestly, I'm just glad no one was hurt or, even worse, killed.

(Title taken from linked article)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

They get that way when you kill 8 of them.
How many people in the house? How many taunts when they arrived?
edit on 29-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Wow...im speechless. And disgusted knowing they will get away with it.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
iTruthSeeker

Huh. I didn't realize those particular folks had anything to do with those tragedies.

Talk about painting with a broad brush.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I'm fairly torn on this. Had it been me, I would likely not have kept my mouth as under control as the cameraman. They clearly weren't there for anyone else besides the guy they took into custody. Unmarked cars and no uniforms either (I didn't see badges but assume they had them) to properly identify any kind of officer.

On the other end maybe he had previous incidents/conflicts that warranted the attention to detail in his detainment.

None of the afore mentioned should warrant a riot shield, fully stocked plate carriers, or the kind of weaponry being used. Also the intimidation factor is off the meter. That should answer your question regarding a police state.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
iTruthSeeker

So let me get this straight, your justification for this is there were people in the house and the police may have been taunted?

Since when is being a thin skinned coward justification to brandish a firearm, especially in the trained hands of a police officer?

How utterly absurd.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
JinMI

I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth in check as well. You start pointing a gun at anyone I love and I will be livid.

I'm afraid we may be living in a police state or, at best, the beginning of one.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I wasn't bothered at all until the cop turned his back on the people he was covering the whole time with a gun.

If he really thought there was a threat to him he would NOT have turned his back from the target. I know I wouldn't have.

I would have paced back with my rifle pointed at them.

I know it isn't just me who thinks this too. Everyone with a modicum of tactical training would see that and wonder what the hell was going through his mind.

Maybe that guy is racist.
edit on 29 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
3danimator2014

Maybe. I give the guy props for calling them out though. He said something along the lines of "you won't have a job for long."

Sadly, that probably won't be the case.

Maybe I'm wrong but this seems excessive.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

They get that way when you kill 8 of them.
How many people in the house? How many taunts when they arrived?

While I fully understand and empathize with your point of view, the video clearly shows this officer did not believe they were a threat.

You don't turn your back on people and walk away casually if you think there's a legitimate threat.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Taunts, huh?

Time to break out the bitch.

Later on, we'll be high on PCP, howling like wolves.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The US has rambo police, GB has wimps. It would be nice for police to find a balance
www.dailymail.co.uk... s-not-suicide-bombers.html

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I noticed that to but was waiting for someone else to bring it up and naturally it was one of our FSMEs that caught it.

I know if I had even a 10% understanding that the subjects inside the target structure were a threat I would never have turned my back on the domicile in question.

I would have been full red the whole time.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
they posed a threat because they were blacks. there i said it, no need to sugarcoat the logic of the officers pointing their guns on people on their property while recording.

edit on 29-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

If I thought there was a legitimate threat from that house I'd prone everyone out and seat the pregnant woman out of the firing line and into a safer location to be supervised.

I don't understand how the process I just described works in a war zone but not in a city in America.

Listen I back the blue. But I do have problems with some of their TTPs and the institutional protection of people in their ranks that have committed crimes.

I'm not stupid. I've seen in the military as well. Good people protecting the people around them rather than punishing them harshly.

If you're an LTC and above you get a pass on rape and even purposefully infecting a person with HIV(yes this happened), you get away with leaking classified material.

There's even a sort of rigging by rank that occurs when it comes to the award system. I have a decent stack on my chest that I earned rather quickly, but I had to sweat like I was wearing a coat in a sauna for them. I don't know how many times I've heard of instances where unit commanders would be put in for bronze stars for sitting in an office all day, meanwhile a Sgt would receive an Army achievement medal for actually stepping on IEDs all day long.

There's all kinds of crap that happens in these institutions that no one ever talks about outside of them.

This is a serious problem when we have people like this guy as well. Because he already believes he's at a distinct advantage, and yet goes further than that in an attempt to intimidate a citizen.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I thought the office was showing incredible restraint. At the end of the day, the preacher, despite his arrogance, hadn't actually committed a crime. Plus there was a large crowd gathering.

GB police are far from wimps, watch some youtube vids from things like Police Interceptors, it's amazing just how brave UK cops can be when faced with weapons and the likes.

As for the OP, it's not clear if the cop was racist, or just on a power trip with his willy extension gun.

That being said, with everything going on at the moment with arseholes shooting cops, I couldn't blame any of them for being a little cautious.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

That being said, with everything going on at the moment with arseholes shooting cops, I couldn't blame any of them for being a little cautious.

More like throwing caution in to the wind, he was purposefully intimidating the camera man and escalating the situation....

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

I thought the office was showing incredible restraint. At the end of the day, the preacher, despite his arrogance, hadn't actually committed a crime. Plus there was a large crowd gathering.

GB police are far from wimps, watch some youtube vids from things like Police Interceptors, it's amazing just how brave UK cops can be when faced with weapons and the likes.

As for the OP, it's not clear if the cop was racist, or just on a power trip with his willy extension gun.

I agree the police man showed incredible restraint, but the reasion he showed restraint was becouse of PC, had it been a white christain he would of been nicked. There was a time the british police were great, but now its all PC and PC has no place in a police force, sorry police service ( if you get my point)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I do have to agree with you there, PC definitely prevents the average PC from doing his/her job.

Doesn't mean they are wimps though, just severely restricted in their duty.

That being said though, there are other organisations in the UK that aren't so restricted, and I would be willing to bet that this "preacher" in the video is under their watchful eyes.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

he showed restraint against what exactly, if he didnt show restraint i guess he would have possibly killed prego girlfriend and camera guy for... what crime?

if police need to restrain themselves from killing, then they need to turn in their badge and gun and admitted to a mental health institution.

those cops arent fit for duty. imagine a situation where an assessment needed to be made before shooting, i can guarantee that coward would shoot first, ask dead body to show hands and not to move.
edit on 29-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join