It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of the Blue/black flag in support of law enforcement?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Anybody seen these pop up lately? My neighbor next door hung an interesting looking flag up recently. i saw it today when i was getting my mail. The flag looks something like this:

Upon googling the meaning i found another version of the flag that looks like this one:

The meaning google gave me is
"The Thin Blue Line is a symbol used by law enforcement, originating in the United Kingdom but now prevalent in the United States and Canada to commemorate fallen law enforcement officers and to symbolize the relationship of law enforcement in the community as the protectors of fellow civilians from criminal elements.”

However as someone who doesn’t see eye to eye wth law enforcement most of the time and the fact that there is so much controversy surrounding police at the moment I don’t know how I feel about someone hanging this on their home. Its definitely an in your face message that to me says Im with them and against anyone that is not.

What do you all think? Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's exactly what it is and has been around for a long time. The fraternal order of police hands them out. In places without the FOP you have things like CLEAT in TX for example. CLEAT who uses a different symbol, in general.

You are going to start seeing a lot of these spring up as there is a push back against BLM.
edit on 26-7-2016 by thesungod because: spring

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It just seems that people are going abit far with all this. Yes it can be a very dangerous job, sure there are good ones, but the did volunteer for the job, and it seems like there are more and more bad ones. Just my option
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

but the did volunteer for the job

They volunteered to take criminals off the street, with risk from those criminals they are going after. Not to be ambushed and attacked unprovoked.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Cops take care of us. That's what they do. That's what they get paid for.

I am 100% pro-cop ... except for the bad ones. I wish those could be magiced away.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I also think they were giving them out at the LEAP Conference but to be quite honest I was pretty ripped and either didn't pick one up; left it in the hotel room or bar; or left it on the counter when I went into the Stop & Rob to get some papes...

Do You have a good enough relationship w/the neighbor to go and talk to Him about it?

Proud member of LEAP•Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

However as someone who doesn’t see eye to eye wth law enforcement most of the time and the fact that there is so much controversy surrounding police at the moment I don’t know how I feel about someone hanging this on their home. Its definitely an in your face message that to me says Im with them and against anyone that is not.

What do you all think? Any thoughts?

Looks fine to me.. So you don't see eye to eye with law enforcement? How many ride a longs have you been out with them? How often do you talk to your local law enforcement officers? If law enforcement was removed then what? You would be happy to have the gangs take over? You would be happy with the Military patrolling instead? You want your country to turn into a 3rd world country?
edit on 26-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

People should be able to hang on their home whatever they want. But my gut reaction is that the message is ;you are with us or against us' and that is what I would think when I saw it.

It is sort of sad, as the incidents of police brutality go up, it makes the good cops look bad.
edit on 26-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Looks a little "SM/BD" to me.

(Don't ask, I won't tell!)

But what ever gets you through the night is alright.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is true, but they also knew it was a possibility that the attacks could happen. Or an ambush, whether a focused attack on them as police, or in a situation, drug bust, etc. It's not like these things have just all of a sudden started happening, just more media coverage. Do I think its a bad thing they are getting more attention, good and bad? No, but all the "thin blue line" things, memes, on every newsfeed or fb post is abit much. Its just the in thing to do at the moment.
reply to: iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
THE right was BOUGHT and paid for like the standard American flag , in blood.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Who invented the idea of a flag anyway?

Bits of colored cloth.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

People should be able to hang on their home whatever they want. But my gut reaction is that the message is ;you are with us or against us' and that is what I would think when I saw it.

It is sort of sad, as the incidents of police brutality go up, it makes the good cops look bad.

well put my friend... we are seeing the splintering of society, orchestrated by private interest groups and the corruptible spirit of man

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Do You have a good enough relationship w/the neighbor to go and talk to Him about it?

you know i dont have anything against my neighbor but i can just tell he is not my cup of tea.

ive only been in the house for about a year now and i called him out for parking his big truck all in my driveway and i think he got pissed off at me.

he is kind of a crabby old dude. doesnt smile much or say hello i think he is from the south. he has these ugly bails of hay in the yard old wooden wheels and cow skulls decorating the front of his house.

im about 25 years younger then him i have some tattoos i look more hippyish and such and when i moved in he never formally came over and said hi i thought that was rude...

so meh! not even gonna bother to ask him about it :/
edit on 26-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Who invented the idea of a flag anyway?

Bits of colored cloth.

Cloths of hate and death is more like it

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If the thought gets the best of You that'll be the only way to truly know, unless He lies to You, the rest of Us are just guessing at best...

Like the guy said "Ours not to reason why..."

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

you know i dont have anything against my neighbor but i can just tell he is not my cup of tea.

ive only been in the house for about a year now and i called him out for parking his big truck all in my driveway and i think he got pissed off at me.

he is kind of a crabby old dude. doesnt smile much or say hello i think he is from the south. he has these ugly bails of hay in the yard old wooden wheels and cow skulls decorating the front of his house.

im about 25 years younger then him i have some tattoos i look more hippyish and such and when i moved in he never formally came over and said hi i thought that was rude...

so meh! not even gonna bother to ask him about it :/

How very prejudice of you.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

really? how so? i just really hate his decor to be honest. i have beautiful moroccan lanterns in my yard. he has nasty animal skulls and a police support flag on his house. lol i dont know many people from seattle into that sort of thing would it be odd to assume he is southern?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: thesungod

really? how so? i just really hate his decor to be honest. i have beautiful moroccan lanterns in my yard. he has nasty animal skulls and a police support flag on his house. lol i dont know many people from seattle into that sort of thing would it be odd to assume he is southern?

Yes. I have a skull hanging on my fence, and I'm not Southern. I would never even think about putting Moroccan lanterns in my yard either lol. He's your neighbor. Instead of being scared of him (or whatever you are), talk to him.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

prej·u·dice/ˈprejədəs/
noun
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

You are basing your opinion of a person on their yard. Talk to him. Engage him. Take two beers over and say hey. You don't have to adopt him as your father. But by judging him without exposing yourself to him you are being by definition prejudice.
edit on 26-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join