It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Government Turns People Into: Debbie Wasserman Schultz

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

DWS is just another scumbag caught with her panties around her ankles. There will be many many more in the months to come. I expect more on the Dem side than Republican, but it will probably be on both sides of the divide-conquer line. You have to note however, criminals cling to other criminals, they ride off each other, so it stands to reason Hillary would give this turd a job.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
DWS worked for Clinton's campaign in '08 (when she lost to President Obama).
DWS ensured Clinton didn't lose again in '16 by rigging the system for Clinton.
DWS has completed the mission and goes back to work for the Clinton campaign.

Why is any political party to blame for this?

DWS was obviously placed in her position as chairperson from the onset to ensure the result we have today.

She will return to the Clinton campaign a victor and with her head held high for this accomplishment.

Don't blame "political parties", blame the Clinton machine.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

For what it's worth, I think a whole lot of people feel much the same. People from all walks of life, from every race, creed and color, and every political philosophy.

I also believe that at some point, everyone in DC has been compromised -- they either compromised themselves for money or power or glory, or someone did it to them by blackmail or threats. And still other would-be whistleblowers have been silenced via gag orders, confidentiality clauses, and/or nondisparagement agreements.

Our biggest challenge at this point is to bring back truth and transparency. And I really have no idea how to make that happen.

But I applaud you for recognizing the problem and calling it out. Whether we agree or disagree on the particular issues facing us is less important to me than knowing that your heart is in the right place.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Indeed. Why stop being a corrupt politician when it's just so much fun.

Pays well, too.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I think DWS took on the moniker of chair of the Democratic Nation Committee and did the job according to a long standing status quo. The leaders of both parties have, and always seems to have had behind the scenes control over who the party nominated. The system has been rigged for a long time. DWS just fell into traditional lock step, doing what she thought was best for the established agenda of the Democratic platform.

Nobody foresaw the threat of technological vulnerability to reveal the proverbial wizard, pulling the strings behind the curtain. With Wikileaks, Russian hackers, Chinese hackers. Heck, forget about espionage, resourceful students just having fun can get this information now days! Nobody is cyber safe!

This year's election announces a game changer, that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

„Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.“
(J. Acton)

"There are many usefull ways to partake, voting for thieves isn't one of them."
(P.Opinion)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Now we can both agree third party is the way to go after this year.

Yes.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
DWS worked for Clinton's campaign in '08 (when she lost to President Obama).
DWS ensured Clinton didn't lose again in '16 by rigging the system for Clinton.
DWS has completed the mission and goes back to work for the Clinton campaign.

Why is any political party to blame for this?

I didn;t blame a political party.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Our biggest challenge at this point is to bring back truth and transparency. And I really have no idea how to make that happen.

But I applaud you for recognizing the problem and calling it out. Whether we agree or disagree on the particular issues facing us is less important to me than knowing that your heart is in the right place.

TY, I appreciate that.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

She seems like a pretty good woman, although everyone has their positive and negative traits. I need to look into the leaked e-mails to see what exactly transpired, but it was obvious to me throughout the election that the DNC was biased towards Hillary Clinton.

You are right.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You are correct. I apologize, and blame brain damage on my part.

I should have said political system rather than party.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Just for the record, it's not "government" that changes people. It's gaining access to real power, big wigs/powerbrokers, and inside information that corrupts people. And once you're in the "club", you can learn amazing ways to exploit that position for current and future opportunities. I actually believe the vast majority of humans would be corrupted by that shift in status and wealth.

Just think about how many people you've ever known who've changed once they gained money or popularity, were given a promotion, or were accepted by new crowds. And then think about how many people you know that are petty in their daily lives, or are completely vindictive, deceptive, and/or abusive to people that should be their "loved" ones. Now imagine those same people with the ability to make and alter the rules of society (aka "laws") as they see fit (aka "lawmakers"), including holding power over the people & groups they don't like.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust the integrity of many people on this very site if they were given access to real power. So if even our "fellow" conspiracy theorists can't be trusted to not become corrupt after gaining power, how can we expect complete strangers to have integrity after gaining that power?

ETA: To be honest, I can't even guarantee my own "integrity" if I gained enough power. I'll always stay true to my personal values and beliefs, but as you can probably tell by now, my perspective is quite different from "common sense" and "conventional wisdom". So if I gained enough powerto bypass my opponents and impose my system without worrying about compromises, I'd probably also be seen as being "corrupted by the system".
edit on 25-7-2016 by enlightenedservant because: added stuff

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

She should go *back* to the private sector like it was "designed"... But I will take a guess without doing any research and say she's a lifelong politician.

1 of the biggest problems today, these people do not live amongst you and I.

But she went skipping right along to her master.

I'll be voting for Johnson FYI.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: projectvxn
She resigns from the DNC and goes right to work for Hillary2016 campaign.

Nuff said.

Where do you think she would choose to go? I imagine where they offer a job. I doubt Sanders is offering her any type of job.
I am not sure what that says. I said she already changed, so naturally would continue on the same path.

Where should she go? Isn't she currently a member of Congress? How about she go do her job there? She ran for that office to 'serve the people'. They 'hired' her. Do the job you are hired for. Even if congress isn't in session, she could go back to her district and start listening to her constituents.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
everyone has a price and the potential to become corrupt. when you are surrounded by rich,powerful,corrupt people have been getting away with it for decades it would be very easy to join their club and become corrupt yourself.
egotistical, narcissistic people are probably more prone to becoming corrupt in that situation because they want to feel like someone important.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Honestly, I think greedy people, people who are petty, and people who hold grudges are probably the easiest to "corrupt". Not to mention, entire segments of society believe things like "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" and "take the money and run". You can't expect people like that to have integrity if they're suddenly given access to massive budgets and the ability to make laws against their enemies.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What Government Turns People Into: Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Tribalism. The emotional investment into one's tribal allegiances can bring out the worst in people.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe the answer for you, as a lifelong Democrat is to stop overthinking the problem and just vote for HRC. She probably embodies all the values you cherish and voting for her pretty much means another 4 years of Obama's policies without the soft shoe shuffle that made him bearable. By soft shoe shuffle I mean his absenteeism, his mindless speeches, his lack of effective leadership and 100's of days on the golf course.

The only downside to Hilary is that she's likely to want to hog the spotlight and will doubtless make too many TV speeches that will interfere with your watching the Soap Operas. And worse, her voice is a lot like fingernails on a chalkboard..........but at least you'll be voting for the first woman POTUS.

As for DWS, I'd guess she'll go on to find a career as a talking head on CNN. Her refrain would be "Don't cry for me, America".

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
For many it happens bit by bit. A little compromise here, and a little compromise there, over time you find compromising easier and easier. As you spend more and more time with these people they become your peers, you spend more time with them then your family. Before you know it you're part of the problem.

I had a teacher back in high school, taught politics. He used to be a politician, but dropped out. Said it was changing him, that he knew if he let himself become any more involved in the system and how it functions, what's necessary to succeed, he wouldn't like who he became.

The system is broken, and it breaks those who become a part of it.

You go in an idealist, you leave a monster.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sorry to say, but this is the same person.

What you see up there is her public persona, the person she shows to the world that makes her such a successful politician. That person has to be likeable and seem to be admirable.

What you see today is what happens after you get a glimpse of the real person who is underneath that facade. That Debbie isn't nearly as nice. That Debbie is nasty and ruthless in the pursuit of what she wants, and, sorry to say, it is also a part of what makes her a successful politician.

Debbie, like many others, is a two-faced Janus, but you only saw the face of peace. Today, you've found out what it is to be caught by the face of war. Some of us are familiar with it because it's the side we always see from politicians like Debbie. We try and try to warn you it is there, but you either don't see or choose not to because it's being used to suit your own ends.

Now you know. Politicians don't care about us, none of them, they only care about their means and their ends, and you and I get caught by their faces as we get in the way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join