It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Government Turns People Into: Debbie Wasserman Schultz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Being a lifelong democrat, of course there are different people I have looked up to. It is a party I believe in. Though, these last several months, there are things that I cannot explain. There is always bad in politics and politicians. I don't think most politicians start off that way, though. I signed early petitions for Wasserman-Schultz to resign. I am disgusted as to the treatment of Bernie Sanders. I still do not know who I am going to vote for. It's not going to be Trump. But if I am to veer away from the party I have always voted for, it will depend upon any follow up information to the Sanders issue.

Wasserman-Schultz was one of the party leaders' I looked up to. I was talking to my aunt, a staunch conservative- though she is considering voting Johnson- about the issue, we sometimes debate, but she realized I was upset. She said , "I'm sorry, I didn't know how much this upset you."

There are few things that happen on C- Span that anyone wants to watch. Maybe a fillibuster done by 'your side'. There are few things I can think of. Following is a video of Wasserman-Schultz speaking about Gabrielle Giffords and then reading Gifford's official resignation for her. That is a completely different eprson than I see today. You cannot fake what is seen in this video. The most masterful of politicians could not fake this. Yet between then and now, the political machine changed this woman aand I am sure she is not the only one.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Vote for jill stein.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So you say she became corrupted?

Maybe she is a good semi-professional actress.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
She resigns from the DNC and goes right to work for Hillary2016 campaign.

Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

She seems like a pretty good woman, although everyone has their positive and negative traits. I need to look into the leaked e-mails to see what exactly transpired, but it was obvious to me throughout the election that the DNC was biased towards Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Nuff said.

Lol, that's right. You can't argue with that very easily.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Vote for jill stein.

After taking several in depth surveys that match your answers to those of candidates, I matched pretty closely to Stein, moreso than Johnson. But I am also thinking about if a vote for Johnson will help a third party get matching funds in 2020 and Stein probably won't reach the percentage needed.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So you say she became corrupted?

Maybe she is a good semi-professional actress.

As I say, I doubt it.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I personally do not think the government turned her into anything, I think her position facilitated who she always was.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Nuff said.

Where do you think she would choose to go? I imagine where they offer a job. I doubt Sanders is offering her any type of job.
I am not sure what that says. I said she already changed, so naturally would continue on the same path.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I personally do not think the government turned her into anything, I think her position facilitated who she always was.

That is a bit cynical. There are a lot of politicians that choose the profession to serve their country and then they change.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Indeed. Why stop being a corrupt politician when it's just so much fun.

Hillary and Wasserman-Schultz belong together.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That is a bit cynical. There are a lot of politicians that choose the profession to serve their country and then they change.

But somewhere inside that 'new' person is there, you need to control your baser desires for power, control, influence, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dunno. She made a choice. It was her choice, and I'm sure that if she has any conscience or intelligence, she weighed all the risks and benefits and went there.

Politics doesn't change a person. Barring maybe some serious blackmail or threats, which I also don't discount, the person does that all oh his or her own.

link   

Now we can both agree third party is the way to go after this year.

link   
#demexit .

Join 10 million people leaving your party.

Google it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What turns them ALL into detached and corrupt pawns of special interests is the fact that we, as a nation, have been stupid enough to just accept the idea that money doesn't effect politics. We allowed bribery to become shamelessly commonplace and legal.

Paying politicians is NOT free speech. It's bribery.

A Republic based upon representative democracy must represent all or none - not just those with money to buy influence.

DWS is currently the poster child of how money does, in fact, influence politics.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah, we need some serious reform. And what we don't need is professional, lifelong representatives. But that's on the people who keep voting for the same politicians year after year after year.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WOW. just wow!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I thought they made a pretty good case here.

legalinsurrection.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join