It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Government Turns People Into: Debbie Wasserman Schultz

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: reldra

Now imagine those same people with the ability to make and alter the rules of society (aka "laws") as they see fit (aka "lawmakers"), including holding power over the people & groups they don't like.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust the integrity of many people on this very site if they were given access to real power. So if even our "fellow" conspiracy theorists can't be trusted to not become corrupt after gaining power, how can we expect complete strangers to have integrity after gaining that power?

ETA: To be honest, I can't even guarantee my own "integrity" if I gained enough power. I'll always stay true to my personal values and beliefs, but as you can probably tell by now, my perspective is quite different from "common sense" and "conventional wisdom". So if I gained enough powerto bypass my opponents and impose my system without worrying about compromises, I'd probably also be seen as being "corrupted by the system".

I did say political machine. I could have expounded on that more.

I know what you mean.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Jill Stein offered the Green Party nomination and platform to Bernie. You could always ask him to stand by his words and his principles and take over a party with full ballot access.

Oops. That won't happen, he was just another politician.

I am glad you are at least able to start to change your views with the current evidence, I know that you are typically very loyal to the Democratic talking points. Good on you.

You know things are screwed up when I am complimenting Reldra....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: projectvxn
She resigns from the DNC and goes right to work for Hillary2016 campaign.

Nuff said.

Where do you think she would choose to go? I imagine where they offer a job. I doubt Sanders is offering her any type of job.
I am not sure what that says. I said she already changed, so naturally would continue on the same path.

Where should she go? Isn't she currently a member of Congress? How about she go do her job there? She ran for that office to 'serve the people'. They 'hired' her. Do the job you are hired for. Even if congress isn't in session, she could go back to her district and start listening to her constituents.

People in congress often campaign for others.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
everyone has a price and the potential to become corrupt. when you are surrounded by rich,powerful,corrupt people have been getting away with it for decades it would be very easy to join their club and become corrupt yourself.
egotistical, narcissistic people are probably more prone to becoming corrupt in that situation because they want to feel like someone important.

That is sort of the point of my OP, though. I don;t think she was. At one time.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Jill Stein offered the Green Party nomination and platform to Bernie. You could always ask him to stand by his words and his principles and take over a party with full ballot access.

Oops. That won't happen, he was just another politician.

I am glad you are at least able to start to change your views with the current evidence, I know that you are typically very loyal to the Democratic talking points. Good on you.

I am not sure he can do that, this late in the game or change political parties now. Maybe he can, I am not familiar with those rules, if any.

I attempt to be loyal to my own talking points and they more often than not are Liberal or Democratic, thus my party of choice.

I did really appreciate your post, though.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No offense, but you got fooled. I like to think I have a pretty big BS meter and it goes off the chart when I hear DWS and HRC talk. Neither seems genuine to me ever. When they have to speak off of script that's when the truth of them really comes out. I literally believe either of them will say or do anything to keep winning elections.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I know, so many of my Democrat friends finally saw through all the B.S. today. I hated saying "I told you so". No, no I didn't feel bad.

The best part of all of this was the long setup of it from the DNC. "We're for a real primary election". That they did this to themselves shows how messed up they are. At least the Republicans didn't succeed in disabling the actual vote of the people, like the Dem did.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, she is being destroyed in the Jewish and Israeli media.

And this kid is the real deal.

timcanova.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-7-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
#demexit .

Join 10 million people leaving your party.

Google it.

Uhm,
With hillarys level of incompetence, we really cant rule out that her own bots populated those avcounts by mistake.

In regards to dws, harvard professor larry lessig and ex lobbyists jack Abramoff state that politicians are bought and paid for by the time you hear about them.

edit on 51731America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jul 2016 19:51:04 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Maybe the answer for you, as a lifelong Democrat is to stop overthinking the problem and just vote for HRC. She probably embodies all the values you cherish and voting for her pretty much means another 4 years of Obama's policies without the soft shoe shuffle that made him bearable. By soft shoe shuffle I mean his absenteeism, his mindless speeches, his lack of effective leadership and 100's of days on the golf course.

The only downside to Hilary is that she's likely to want to hog the spotlight and will doubtless make too many TV speeches that will interfere with your watching the Soap Operas. And worse, her voice is a lot like fingernails on a chalkboard..........but at least you'll be voting for the first woman POTUS.

As for DWS, I'd guess she'll go on to find a career as a talking head on CNN. Her refrain would be "Don't cry for me, America".

Oh wow....

Not sure where to start.

Obama was not absent, did not lack leadership and was hardly ever on vacation or golfing, in comparison to other presidents.

I have not watched a soap opera since high school. I would catch the end of one when I got home. Do you find me to be a housewife?

As for nails on the chalkboard speeches, Trumps 75 minute .....Yoko Ono like scream performance at the RNC could not be outdone by anyone.

As for DWS, they gave her another job. Humiliation in resigning. Then not 'gaveling in' the convention as planned. I didn;t expect her to be hung. I am not sure I expected her to be given a job within the DNC, but it was a massive demotion.

Your rant was not called for and mainly not accurate.

edit on 25-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

No offense, but you got fooled. I like to think I have a pretty big BS meter and it goes off the chart when I hear DWS and HRC talk. Neither seems genuine to me ever. When they have to speak off of script that's when the truth of them really comes out. I literally believe either of them will say or do anything to keep winning elections.

No, I dod not. She changed. regardless of your'BS meter'.
edit on 25-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

No worries. I've noticed that my posts the last day or so have been a bit "grrr". Which is weird because I'm not in a mean or condescending mood. Sorry if I gave off the wrong tone.

As for DWS's change in character... Well, I always assume that I don't know a person's true nature. It makes it nearly impossible to be betrayed. So for all I know, she could've been like this from the start. Or maybe she's more personally invested in a Clinton presidency than we know?

And don't forget, there have been major rumors about how vindictive the Clinton's are to those who've opposed them. So there's always the chance that they made her an offer she couldn't refuse (or some of their allies made that "offer/threat"). Maybe she'll put out a memoir one day that will shed light on it.

If it helps, this current political campaign has turned me almost 100% off from Rachel Maddow, so I kinda feel your disappointment. I didn't always agree with Maddow, but I loved her charm, wit, and how well she could articulate her points. And I loved how she'd give her guests the leeway to explain themselves, whether it vindicated or condemned them lol. But her obvious pro-Hillary bias might have pushed me away for good. I hadn't watched her show in a long time, so maybe her change happened a lot sooner and I simply didn't realize it. I'm feeling the same vibe from a lot of the aggressively anti-Bernie people in the Democratic establishment (and the Dem base).

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Personally, I still think DWS got the boot because she was the best looking Democrat female operative that would be at the event. And BTW, that wasn't a rant!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You mean the government can give me a bad perm and raccoon eyes?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Personally, I still think DWS got the boot because she was the best looking Democrat female operative that would be at the event. And BTW, that wasn't a rant!

If DWS was the best looking Democratic female operative, they're in trouble.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Uh....turn on the TV. They're in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join