It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson Scary Stance On Immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There should be RESTRICTIONS.

That is how IMMIGRATION LAW works.

Controlling immigration so the country can absorb what it has.

Not opening the flood gates and sinking the entire ship.

True somes comprehension does fail.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: neo96

You would not have Sanctuary Cities if we did not have a tortuous immigration policy.

What ever.

Since open borders is such a great thought.

Prepare for an uninvited guest I am moving in with you.

And you can't stop me

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
There should be RESTRICTIONS.

Which is why you are another big government statist.

Who do we want to discriminate against today? Which people do you want to keep out of your America? How many more laws, agencies and layers of bureaucracy do you desire?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I have been seeing alot of post about the third alternative to Trump & Clinton and honestly I hadn't done much research on the guy until now.

Here is the problem. llegal immigrants in fact absorb far more in benefits than they contribute. The Heritage Foundation in 2013 found that illegals contribute an average of $10,000 in total taxes (federal and payroll as well as local taxes) but use almost $24,000 in welfare and services, creating a net $14,000 per capita gain per illegal worker.

So GJ wants to open things up even more and as referenced above native American tax payers will be footing the bill!

No thanks!

We as a nation have believed a lie or two in our history. Thinking or being led to believe that this is "immigration" or part of an "immigration" policy would be another big lie swallowed.

Not only could this be called using the citizens tax money against them, by 5th columnists with in (and dumbazzes), it could also be called corporate and liberal america working hand in hand to create a favored labor pool.....and using the taxpayers money against them yet again to make it so.

Even allowing labor to temporarily work here without they or those that hire them paying taxes reinforces the scam. Not to mention bleeding off untold millions sent to Mexico and other nations.......by labor/cash mules ect ect.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Prepare for an uninvited guest I am moving in with you.

And you can't stop me

Typical for you, when your paradigm is challenged you resort to hyperbole. Probably should have put some exclamation points in there and capitalization too.

Legal immigration is good for the country. Legal immigrants are what makes us better than other countries. The people that want to come here are looking to create jobs because they still believe in the ideal that America is the Land of Opportunity. That is why my family came here and is why I am happy to be a first generation American.

edit on 24-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Which is why you are another big government statist.

Sure I am so big that EXISTING laws should be enforced, instead of getting IGNORED.

I am so 'terrible'!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Typical for you, when your paradigm is challenged you resort to hyperbole. Probably should have put some exclamation points in there and capitalization too

That isn't 'hyperbole'.

That is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Sure I am so big that EXISTING laws should be enforced, instead of getting IGNORED.

I am so 'terrible'!!!!

Yeah, you are, since these restrictions are all ethnic-based. A simple and open immigration policy is the best one for the country. It helps to eliminate bureaucracy that the taxpayer foots the bill for and adds new demand to the market which grows the tax base as a whole.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No it's not, that's called breaking and entering. "Legal" immigration (which was the policy being explained, not "illegal" immigration) is a mutual agreement, breaking and entering is not. Your post was hyperbole.
edit on 7/24/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What is dangerous here is thinking that there is no nuts and bolts side to the thing. That its some noble greatness of a kind (and guilt ridden) nation.

What? Are we going to allow the SW Untied States to be taken over by one predominate race, Mexicans at citizen expense, off our own dole that our granddad and dad/moms put money into?

Why in the hell does anyone think they are warning us that the safety net is going to crumble? SWUS! A) its got folks living off it that never and don't pay in.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Gee Aug.

It's not like they can't get in line an ask for permission.

Like the people from ELSEWHERE around the globe do.

Because they play by the RULES instead of thinking they are ABOVE the rules.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That isn't 'hyperbole'.

That is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Which is why immigration needs to be easier, not harder.

I know new things frighten you, just try to get a grip on your panic pants and realize that not everyone is coming here to take your stuff. They want to come here for the same reason all of our ancestors did, for a better way of life.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Legal immigration is a bureaucratic process.

For centuries this country has had stands of who the left in.

Look up the REAL history of Ellis Island and what it was used for.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
What? Are we going to allow the SW Untied States to be taken over by one predominate race, Mexicans at citizen expense, off our own dole that our granddad and dad/moms put money into?

What dole? Non-citizens are not entitled to a 'dole'.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I know new things frighten you, just try to get a grip on your panic pants and realize that not everyone is coming here to take your stuff. They want to come here for the same reason all of our ancestors did, for a better way of life.

Your right.

I should be running around with my hair all on fire yelling racist in every day.

Oh wait. That's someone else.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Does this open border thing go the other way too?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's not like they can't get in line an ask for permission.

Many of the people that want to wait on line cannot because the line is too long or the quotas are all full. There should be a quick and easy application process that has no quotas or qualifiers other than you being a non-criminal.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Logarock

What dole? Non-citizens are not entitled to a 'dole'.

In California, illegals can get grants for higher education; US citizens are not eligible.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If I was in charge I would do 2 things.

The first thing I would do would be to use foreign policy to make countries better so people wouldn't want to leave.

The second thing I would do would be to place dozens of "Ellis Island" style centers along the border. If you come, might as well make it legal.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I should be running around with my hair all on fire yelling racist in every day.

No need. Everyone on this site is well clued in to your predilections.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join