It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Good News Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've been searching and searching for a reason to switch from Johnson to Trump, but as I'm not in a swing state, I've felt that I should just vote with my conscience.

So I started thinking that Trump could end up winning and I started to mentally prepare for that outcome.

So, I've been looking for something good, some sliver of light in the darkened sky.
And I found some good news!

I know this article is a little outdated with what happened over the past month, but still hopefully relevant

Want Marijuana Legalized?

I’m just as frightened about the thought of President Trump as any other global citizen that has a pulse and can read above a 5th grade comprehension level. In fact I’ve publically claimed if Donald Trump does become president, I would effectively move to a different country, much like I did at the start of George W. Bush’s second term.

Regardless of my inner struggle with accepting the impending reality of Trump as the 45th POTUS and The Running Man neo-cyberpunk society that will emerge, there’s one existential fact that remains. If you want marijuana legalized, Donald Trump is your best option this November.

I know for many of you this news might be rather hard to digest. Granted Trump has never held political office, however his pro-marijuana stance surpasses that of any other candidate in the field.

In 1990, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune has Donald Trump on record claiming US drug enforcement is ‘a joke’ and all drugs should be legalized to ‘take the profit away from these drug czars.’ According to Trump, tax revenues from a legalized drug trade will be used to educate the public on the dangers of drugs.

Trump also stated we're losing badly the war on drugs, and you have to legalize drugs to win that war. For a candidate that bases his entire brand on ‘winning,’ losing a war on drugs would severely chip away from the superhuman aura he’s manifested since he announced his run for president on June 16, 2015.

According to Trump, getting a ‘win’ against the war on drugs starts with complete legalization of all drugs.

Woo Who!

Sounds good, but is this just a pipe dream?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
God the last Paragraph reminded me of him with the Mexican cartel el chapo.

If Trump does legalize drugs.. he would be considered a hypocrite

edit on 23-7-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Trump also stated we're losing badly the war on drugs, and you have to legalize drugs to win that war. For a candidate that bases his entire brand on ‘winning,’ losing a war on drugs would severely chip away from the superhuman aura he’s manifested since he announced his run for president on June 16, 2015.

While I agree the war on drugs and the way it is conducted is a farce. I do find it weird he says to legalize though. His Kids were brought up strict and not even allowed to drink alcohol or smoke.. Either way I would not vote for a Clinton if my life depended upon it...Period...!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Trump is a businessman not a politician he`s always thinking of ways to:
1) make money
2) save money

for a country that is 19 trillion dollars in debt a president who puts making money and saving money as top priorities is probably a good thing.rather than spending so much money fighting a lost war on drugs trump sees a way to save the country money and for the country to make money.history has proven that people are going to buy and use drugs whether they are legal or not so it`s just plain foolish for a country that is 19 trillion dollars in debt to not get a cut of that money in the form of taxes.
edit on 23-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

If youre not in a swing state which is going to be an easy win for Hillary, I would still encourage you to vote Johnson.

Your vote for Trump "wont matter" in the sense that Hillary will still get the delegates.

The same applies to Hillary supporters in a "red" state. Trump is going to get the delegates regardless.

But a vote for Johnson will help to get him to that golden 5% which will allow the Libertarian Party to receive matching funds in 2020 giving them a national stage.

It will hopefully be the beginning of the end of the 2 Party stranglehold on our nation.

edit on 23-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Another Win for Trump!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes it's a pipe dream. Trump is totally against Drugs. He doesn't do them at all and doesn't even drink and has stated already he's against drugs. He's not going to legalize anything.

Perhaps back in 1990 when he was quoted that about legalizing them he thought it might be a good idea to stop crime. Which in my opinion he was right.

But now. Hell no!!! He's running as a Republican who's propped up by the Evangelicals. If anything he'll tighten drug laws not loosen them.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

How so?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

But hey most of us wouldn't be complaining about him being a hypocrite on that one

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

He wouldn't exactly be a hypocrite for it though because he's said medical MJ only should be legal before as well and that the states should do the rest.

But that's before he was the Republican Nominee and his supporters and Party wouldn't like him legalizing drugs at all. So his base would hate him for it even if he did do it. His VP choice is also against it.

He mostly is zero tolerance for it when it comes to him and his family and probably employees and such. Legalizing all drugs is a way to stop cartels from getting the money from it. That's what he wants to stop. It doesn't mean he's pro drug or that he wants people to have access to them. He just knows that is how you'd weaken the cartels power. Which he's right.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Hope you're right!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

if he is a racist elitist like the liberals claim then why would he be against drugs? why would he care if a bunch of ghetto rats are doing drugs? do you have a source where he claims to be against drugs?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I know, and I will be voting for Johnson.
Just wanted to see how bad it's going to be when either one of them wins.

Thinking about the fact that no matter what, we will have President Trump or President Hillary.
It just gives me the creeps.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

But republican like big business and deregulation, right?

pipe dream

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. I was really just trying to point out that I don't think most people would be annoyed or calling him a hypocrite if that ever in fact did happen.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Like I said, he's personally against all drugs and even drinking. Prides himself on never having a drink, a cigarette, or even coffee. His kids are similar but he doesn't mind if they have a drink now and then.

So he's against them personally. He's said a couple times that Medical MJ should be legal and that each state should decide on anything past that.

But it's his Base Support that I'm saying is why he won't legalize them like that. Because they are against it. The reason he wants to legalize them is to take power away from the Cartels who profit from illegal drug trade. Which he's right about too. But I don't think he'll ever be able to convince the Republican Party to go along with such an idea as that.

Trump doesn't seem to take a real hard stance on the issue though. But as Republican President I'm sure he'll be expected to live up to certain principles of his party.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

True. Not so much deregulation when it comes to drug policy though.

But Trump does support the idea of Taxing Medical MJ though. He knows that is good business.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'll be honest, unless you are in America illegally, have family in another country you want to pull up the rug for and shoo in here, or living on the dole off the labors and risks of Americans who are actually responsible for themselves and earning wages, I really don't know why Trump wouldn't be your choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Trump being personally against drugs has nothing to do with him not wanting the government to waste money on a war on drugs.

Trump seems to want federal government to do the things that they are supposed to do - keep our nation safe, establish good trade with other countries, etc., and he wants federal government to stay out of other things, like over-regulation, etc. He says of many things that the states should decide some things for themselves. He is right. As long as state laws are not violating our constitutional rights, then the states should regulate, not the federal government.

He also has often said that people have to be personally responsible for themselves. The federal government can lay a foundation for a good economy which gives everyone a chance to rise up and have a better life. Less hopelessness can result in less crime and less drug use.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Like I said, it's not Trump so much as his Party and his base of supporters. I don't think they'll be cool with it and I think they'd be really against him doing such a thing.

Believe me, I think the idea is a good one too. I'm fully in support of legalization for many reasons. I have no problem with Trump in this area. I just don't think he'd do it because of the backlash from his own supporters and his party for doing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join