It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Russia doesn't deserve those sanctions. I was disappointed when they happened.

We have no business even meddling in those affairs at the moment. We have too much going on here.

The USSR is dead. Russia is digging itself out of that hell, and the US should have no say in it.

I believe that because, the US has caused nothing but turmoil in everything globally that it has had a "say" in for the last quarter century. We are no longer the moral compass of the world, if we ever were.

I am not saying a damn thing about Putin or Russia in a negative light. They have done far more for themselves in the last two decades than we have.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

They have done far more for themselves in the last two decades than we have.

You mean like having your opposition gunned down in broad daylight in a popular square in Moscow?

Sorry, we should really stay on topic.

(post by Bobaganoosh removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Listen, just to be clear I am completely OK with Putin & Trump's bromance. To me, it symbolizes the fact that Putin actually respects Trump, something we all know he cannot say about Obama.

Please remember that it was separatists fighting in Ukraine that were armed by Putin that gunned down MH17 and yet no one has been held accountable for that. It's disgusting.

So yes, an alliance with Putin has its geopolitical advantages and at the moment it seems like Putin is open minded about such an alliance. However, I hardly think Russia is to be held up to the standard you are positing. It just seems like you're ignoring a lot of important facts about the Russia that is today.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Russia has been the a$$hole of the world for the last half century, and I get that.

I do think that the people of Russia are trying to better themselves at this current time to overcome the a$$hole of the world label. I'm giving credit where credit is due. To hell with Putin.

The Russian people have been exceptional, even during what amounts to a political squabble put on blast by the Obama administration.

Are they innocent? LOL... Who is?

That is not the point. The point is, they have tried to make a better world for themselves. They have succeeded for the most part, if we would just let them.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: neo96

Well - I'm too tired for banter

I think we are afraid of Trump - but from what I was reading earlier, a lot of conservatives are too. Some are going to swing left this time

Life is funny - strange bedfellows and all that

:-)

Careful what you wish for Neo

Not afraid enough to vote for Clinton.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Your thread was a success.

Thanks to us Clinton critics cause there sure weren't too many Clinton voters.

Your welcome

because we were actually watching the convention.
We didn't want the experience ruined by the sour grapes and negative comments and running two line commentary from people who pretend to know her.
It was a much better experience for me without the nastiness.

Seriously, what's the point of going Head-to-Head with anti-Clinton trashers on ATS?

They're completely blind to accept anything they don't want to see.

Seriously, what's the point of going Head-to-Head with anti-Trump trashers on ATS?

They're completely blind to accept anything they don't want to see.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IAMTAT

What's right with her policies. She actually has some and solutions worked out. Because she's very smart and knows the ropes and isn't afraid of hard work.

*No one* has solutions worked out. The biggest "problem" that *any* politician has is that their country is not a single-minded machine populated by drones. We are all individuals and react individually. It doesn't what the policies are or who is promoting them. Basic human autonomy and self-interest is a monkey wrench for any grandiose plans.

And personally I don't think it's a 'problem', in my opinion it's 'working as intended.'

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'd say we start by getting rid of the Christian Right who tie us up in ridiculous and expensive lawsuits.

Wha...?

*blink*

Seriously... wha...?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I must admit I really enjoyed the clips shared on this thread of Bill falling asleep during Hillary's speech. Hilariously accurate statement to the end of the DNC convention! Thank you to those who shared them.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

We don't have freedom as long as an ideology tries to control citizens through legislation, wasting time, tax payers money, and creating a division.

So you don't like modern liberalism and progressivism? That's their entire schtik.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The whole convention has been the biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen.

No american flags till someone call then on it.
Then they hid them back in the dark areas of the stage.

They disrespected a veteran and Medal of Honor Recipient.

That showed me as a veteran no reason to believe the democrats have changed there views about veterans and the problems at the VA.
It also shows me they do not really respect veterans and have not since Vietnam.

They also disrespected police officers across the US.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I took a poll on MSN about the DNC Convention:

Has the Democratic National Convention made you more or less likely to vote for Hillary Clinton?

26% More Likely

26% The Likelihood Hasn't Changed

48% Less Likely

(64,586 responses)

Very telling, IMO.
edit on 29-7-2016 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

It is my thread. Obama is my guy

Another thread - another time - we should discuss the pros and cons of his presidency. The pros and cons of any presidency...and the magical powers of memes and peer pressure - and people that believe they are thinking for themselves

You can lap up the remnants of his leftovers if you wish, but I will hunt down some real sustenance.

Trump's your guy?

:-)

Yeah - your opinion? Not so much with the value

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: carewemust
OK, right before the video ends you see the guy reach forward to wake Bill up

Woohoo! Found one of the clips shared! Was curious.

Who is the guy next to Bill that notices the camera is focused on Bill, so he nervously adjusts his tie and leans forward watching to make sure that he blocks Bill being seen on camera?

edit on 7 29 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The USSR is dead. Russia is digging itself out of that hell, and the US should have no say in it.

I believe that because, the US has caused nothing but turmoil in everything globally that it has had a "say" in for the last quarter century. We are no longer the moral compass of the world, if we ever were.

I agree - mostly

Russia was ripe for the picking. Guess who showed up?

I am not saying a damn thing about Putin or Russia in a negative light. They have done far more for themselves in the last two decades than we have.

Putin deserves our scorn. One thing does not excuse the other - it only explains it. Putin and Trump are both easily understood - but neither is an acceptable solution. When people are hurting - anxious - afraid - they don't make their most rational choices

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, if you want bigger government, authoritarian control, fewer freedoms, fewer rights, and paying higher taxes, then Hillary is your gal!

Nothing said over the course of the week seemed to indicate otherwise.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The American auto industry just had it's best year ever. Thanks Obama.

Millions now have health care who didn't before. Thanks Obama.

Theres a reason you don't hear much from al Qaida any more. Their leader is dead. Thanks Obama.

You're refusal to see isn't going to change the thoughts and minds of the people who know how this really went.
Let's not pretend that he wasn't still a black man locked in chains ok?
Let's not freaking pretend that the republicans didn't oppose and hinder at every turn.
Republicans would insist the sky was kelly green if Obama said it was blue.

So while you criticise the president let's remember just how hard he had to work to pull us out of a ressession that started practically on his first day in office. Let's remember the work he did to save jobs and an industry.

You cannot tarnish this man.

The Obama n your mind doesn't exist.
The real man has secured his place in history.

PS we have the strongest military in the world.
We are not depleted.
What a joke that other guy is. A total laughing stock.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
The whole convention has been the biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen.

No american flags till someone call then on it.
Then they hid them back in the dark areas of the stage.

They disrespected a veteran and Medal of Honor Recipient.

That showed me as a veteran no reason to believe the democrats have changed there views about veterans and the problems at the VA.
It also shows me they do not really respect veterans and have not since Vietnam.

They also disrespected police officers across the US.

You nailed it.

Doesn't it seem like the dems are stuck in the "summer of love"?

Or went back there.

The music was great tho.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Bill dozed off during her speech:

www.youtube.com...

He's such a schmuck. They need to assign him a handler. And there is obviously some undisclosed health issue.
edit on 7/29/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join