It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 294
<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
You have to wonder what the Obamas are thinking about how all this turned out. He is all about his legacy and it all rides on Hillary.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IAMTAT

What's right with her policies. She actually has some and solutions worked out. Because she's very smart and knows the ropes and isn't afraid of hard work.

To be frank...It looks very much like she's had her tongue biopsied.
That should be of concern to anyone considering her for President.

Maybe that has something to do with her severe coughing fits.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What's right with her policies. She actually has some and solutions worked out. Because she's very smart and knows the ropes and isn't afraid of hard work.

To be frank...It looks very much like she's had her tongue biopsied.
That should be of concern to anyone considering her for President.

Maybe that has something to do with her severe coughing fits.

Gosh.. why do I get the feeling that her and Bubba did drugs at one time, and now the ramifications are manifesting themselves physically, in both of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You know what. The record doesn't need correcting. Her record of service to people speaks for itself. Her experience and tenacity and level of caring speak for itself.

Ps it's against t&c to call someone a shill.
I'll tell you this once I am not on anyone's payroll. I do not work for correct the record.
Now let's move on shall we?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
For those that missed the obvious tonight.

CLinton and camp pushed full blowned COMMUNISM.

All wrapped up in the red,white, and blue. in the city that created FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE.

Don't try to deny it.

Stronger together. Where there is no I.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

CLinton and camp pushed full blowned COMMUNISM.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

You know what. The record doesn't need correcting. Her record of service to people speaks for itself. Her experience and tenacity and level of caring speak for itself.

Ps it's against t&c to call someone a shill.
I'll tell you this once I am not on anyone's payroll. I do not work for correct the record.
Now let's move on shall we?

Oh yes, her record certainly does. Perjury comes to mind. Collusion is another. Those are the most recent. Her experience and tenacity aided her in both of those crimes without a doubt.

I never called you a shill, in fact I complimented you for a correction you made. No need to take it so personal.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I am traveling tonight and missed most of her speech. I'm in a hotel in north Carolina. I'll PM you.

I caught the last twenty minutes but I'm sure ill find the vid.
The whole convention has been amazing and she's been moved a bit more to the left which suits this old hippy girl just fine.
I'm thinking of volunteering with my city I've been that inspired.
I'm retired and you can only clean so much.
The speeches OMG Michelle on Monday just crushed any chance of anyone being better.
The quality of the message the people supporting her. 2 presidents, one VP, a first lady, several governors(did Jerry Brown's nose always hook like that lol) and other prominent people from the hill. Leon Panetta was ferocious. Mike Bloomberg was a typical don't xxx with me New Yorker. Elizabeth Warren was dare I say it on the war path. Then the softer side from people who's lives she's affected. From her family. I'm very happy for her. Her party went off beautifully even with a rocky start.
At least it wasn't the faux pas per day like last weeks festivities.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Knock it off already.
Trump ought to have his head examined. The boy needs a check up...from the neck up.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I caught the last twenty minutes but I'm sure ill find the vid.

She rocked it. You will be so proud.

I was surprised how fearless she was. She went for it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You've been ridiculous. Those speeches were nothing if not more of the same delusional "glass half full" take on a sh!tty situation. I'm taken aback by the sheer blinded faith of the faithless left.

What has changed? What has been accomplished by this idealistic bunch of duplicitous hacks? How is the country better because of them? Did they end the perpetual wars? Nope, they escalated. Did they end poverty? Nope, it is worse now. Did they stop the parasitism of wall street and it's influence on our government? Nope, but they made a nice chunk of change pretending to.

You and your kind are part of the problem.

You condone death and destabilization through your blind delusion.

I have you in my reticle.

If it's all a game, then you won't mind the headshot.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Please tell me your solution.

If you complain, you need to counter with a solution.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I've touted my solution all along. I've touted the same solution since I came to ATS.

The solution is acceptance. We let it all crash. We let the dollar die, we let chaos ensue.

We simply cannot sustain the bedtime story of recovery, when that story leaves out the suffering of tens of millions of people.

Honestly, how many times have we seen something amazing come from the fall of great nations? We have seen it over and over again. Russia is the latest, greatest story of a "true" recovery.

All that has been acknowledged here is the perpetuation of delusion in "American exceptionalism". We all know that is nonsense. We all know that America must overcome it's growing pains or it will be nothing. Do we just give in to complacency and be another cog in the machine of globalism?

I cannot stand by that. The time has come for something different.

We were a beacon in the past. We can be a beacon again. All we need to do is industrialize all over again.

Hillary's clean energy bullsh!t is a farce, just as Obama's endorsement was.

We start an agricultural revolution, and things might see an uptick. We legalize the growing of hemp and the production of hemp products, we might see a difference environmentally and economically.

We are entering some very trying times, because of climate change. These changes are mainly solar induced.

Everything will be affected.

Localized help will go a very long way. Common people helping and relying on common people will soon be the norm, because federal assistance will be a happy memory.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, but if we keep supporting the very people who caused half of this mess (climate change not included), we will be met with a terrible end.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I'd say we start by getting rid of the Christian Right who tie us up in ridiculous and expensive lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

What does that even mean? I was talking about agriculture, industrialization, and job creation.

Cotton opposes Hemp, it's not a religious issue.

If you really want to talk about the Christian Right, I really think that was all deposed by Trump and his hijacking of the "Republican" platform. The fundies will likely just take their opinions out of the election, rather than follow somebody who doesn't stick to their hard-line dogma.

Those folks are already convinced that the end is near, and they are hiding under kitchen tables and sh!t.

Don't even bring them into it. I'm not one of em, and neither are you.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

What does that even mean? I was talking about agriculture, industrialization, and job creation.

Cotton opposes Hemp, it's not a religious issue.

We don't have freedom as long as an ideology tries to control citizens through legislation, wasting time, tax payers money, and creating a division.

Agriculture? Crops rotting in fields because there are no workers to pick them. Are you going to force people to work in the fields?

BTW do you actually work in agriculture?
edit on 29-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yes Annee. I run a peanut processing plant. I do work in agriculture.

I want diversity in agricultural products. I want our country to utilize these lands to grow resources to make great things.

Texas just went through a hell of a drought. Cotton, and peanuts are somewhat thirsty. It is not a good thing with the depletion of the Ogalala aquifer. Hemp could revitalize our area. It could decrease dust storms, it could be a boon for the farmers that have worked these lands for half a century or more.

Everything I'm telling you is a non-issue for 99.999% of people.

I just want the US to make great things again. It seems that all we make now is money for a few d!cks that in turn make the world hell for everybody else. That is a bipartisan problem.

Also, just so you know, crops rot in the fields because there is something wrong with them. Some kind of blight, some type of fungus. This is 2016, and fields aren't hand picked anymore. They have gigantic, quarter-million dollar machines to do that, unless the field is something like a couple of acres, then hand-picked is more profitable.
edit on 29-7-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Just so ya know, I do agree with you on the hemp. It's something I've read about for years.

Strawberry fields are picked by machine?

I don't think you'll get manufacturing back though. Unless it's something special.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I'm in manufacturing now... Granted, it's a dying breed.

Strawberries are picked by hand. It's really fun, and you would enjoy it. It's actually a tourist thing in Central Texas.

If we don't get manufacturing back, then what the hell do we have to offer the world? Understanding? Failed philosophy?

Hemp is the way to go. We just have to talk about it until it's trending, then being utilized, then mainstream. Simply put.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Honestly, how many times have we seen something amazing come from the fall of great nations? We have seen it over and over again. Russia is the latest, greatest story of a "true" recovery.

While I generally praise the rest of your post, this snippet threw me off a bit.

You do realize that Putin has had so many sanctions slapped on Russia in the past two years that he's essentially crippled their middle class and drove down the value of the ruble (sp?) in the world market.

I'm just saying Russia might not be the best example to use there.

<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join