It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 296
<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The odd thing to me is that last night's Dem convention was more like old school GOP conventions. The patriotism, the positivity, the production values. And the GOP convention was from a parallel universe.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Did anyone catch Gen. Allens speech right before HIllary's where he called for destroying the enemies of the "global order". Yuh, he actually said that.

Hillary's bit was slick production and lots of old overused catch phrases. Pretty much lying about everything saying she will do this and that when we already know her policies caused this and that.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Did anyone catch Gen. Allens speech right before HIllary's where he called for destroying the enemies of the "global order". Yuh, he actually said that.

Hillary's bit was slick production and lots of old overused catch phrases. Pretty much lying about everything saying she will do this and that when we already know her policies caused this and that.

But many will buy it, even though they bought a dud last time.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The odd thing to me is that last night's Dem convention was more like old school GOP conventions. The patriotism, the positivity, the production values. And the GOP convention was from a parallel universe.

They fed exed a rush order for 5,000 US flags to the convention when they discovered all they had was a Palestinian flag.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

She did to mention it. She actually gave an insight in how they will accomplish its destruction.
You missed it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One would have thought it would be I, me, my and mine as the most used words.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That was Donald's take.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Is Hillary MORE or LESS extreme than Obama? I'm asking cause I want to know if she will have a harder, or easier time, getting her initiatives through Congress.

Also, is her work ethic better? Obama had something like two years with a Democrat majority in House and Senate, but I can't recall him utilizing that rare alignment to get much accomplished.
edit on 7/29/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
One of the commentators summed it up rather nicely and concisely. Don't remember who it was, so can't give cred.

Briefly put, the differences between the conventions was Hillary's convention was about love of country, and love of it's people.

Trump's convention was about love of Trump.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

She did to mention it. She actually gave an insight in how they will accomplish its destruction.
You missed it.

Yup. Here is the pertinent part of the speech:

I've laid out my strategy for defeating ISIS.

We will strike their sanctuaries from the air, and support local forces taking them out on the ground. We will surge our intelligence so that we detect and prevent attacks before they happen.

We will disrupt their efforts online to reach and radicalize young people in our country. It won't be easy or quick, but make no mistake -- we will prevail.

Source

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

So basically, she'll use the Obama doctrine.

Well.

That's been working well.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

To me, Hillary is saying that Obama could do these things right now, but is scared to go after ISIS...for some reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Yeah you have a fight on your hands alright.
But it's the one with the brains (she's much smarter than trump ) and the plans and experience oh and stablility and steady head and ready day one, who will be shining come November.
Not the hot head who gets his policy from watching the shows. (America's got talent, dancing with the stars) or counts Alex Jones as a trusted advisor and studies in the john reading the national enquirer just to make sure he doesn't miss anything.
Haha ha ha ha I'm sorry but. Ha ha ha.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is going after ISIS. If you can figure out a way to do that more aggressively without killing millions of innocent people in the process, I think you should give him a call and tell him about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: carewemust

He is going after ISIS. If you can figure out a way to do that more aggressively without killing millions of innocent people in the process, I think you should give him a call and tell him about it.

What's Obama doing to go after ISIS? Can you bullet point it?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Thanks.
I think they mean she didn't say abra ka dabra. They're looking for magic words.
I guess if you don't believe in evolution you still need magic words to accomplish stuff. So to that end...

Radical Islamic terrorists. That oughta do it. Gone.

What? They're not? Darn I thought for sure once we....shoot.
Now what.
Hey we could try actual engagement like Hillary plans.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm glad there's still bright people on earth who don't buy into the BS of the DNC show.

The Democrap convention can look convincing. Fortunately, however a lot of us don't buy it. In fact feel offended by this garbage. Offended like we're jacks**es.

I wasn't going to vote, and I know others who weren't either. But after this convention, TRUMP all the way. By miles.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You missed it.

Yup. Here is the pertinent part of the speech:

I've laid out my strategy for defeating ISIS.

We will strike their sanctuaries from the air, and support local forces taking them out on the ground. We will surge our intelligence so that we detect and prevent attacks before they happen.

We will disrupt their efforts online to reach and radicalize young people in our country. It won't be easy or quick, but make no mistake -- we will prevail.

Source

Is that it? The grand plan?
What the hell is an 'intelligence surge'?
What does online disruption of ISIS mean?
Their 'sanctuaries' are already being struck from the air.
Ground forces are already being used to fight ISIS on the ground and already with the support from the US.

There have been calls for specifics from Trump, but you are not holding Hillary to the same standard. There was almost no mention of ISIS over the four days and a few words that mean nothing hardly makes up for it.

What she gave was a token effort in the speech, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
I'm glad there's still bright people on earth who don't buy into the BS of the DNC show.

The Democrap convention can look convincing. Fortunately, however a lot of us don't buy it. In fact feel offended by this garbage. Offended like we're jacks**es.

I wasn't going to vote, and I know others who weren't either. But after this convention, TRUMP all the way. By miles.

The DNC convention was convincing! They convinced us that, except for job creation, Obama's America is no better than it was before he took office in 2008.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Imhere

The DNC convention was convincing! They convinced us that, except for job creation, Obama's America is no better than it was before he took office in 2008.

Actually it's a lot worse.

top topics

<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join