It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 288
<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I missed Chelsea. How was she, compared to the Trump "children"?

link   

originally posted by: neo96
Actually the only qualification needed to be president is being able to READ the constitution.

35 years of age and Natural Born Citizen.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

This isn't Twitter or FaceBook...

we try to converse with each other and share our thoughts and opinions...

just sayin....

link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Well, Teikiatsu...

I honestly don't know how to have this conversation without trolling my own thread

So, I guess I'm just going to say: this is where we are. Small wonder

Who you voting for then? Which candidate is Lucifer free?

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sweet, but not as compelling.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Far less Stepford-y

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I'm pretty independent when it comes to politics and saw both conventions. I have to say, there was 1000 times more substance, organization of the presentations, and powerful speeches that came from the DNC convention.

Except for the fact that they forgot to address the issues.

Other than that, great.

link   

I'm pretty independent when it comes to politics and saw both conventions. I have to say, there was 1000 times more substance, organization of the presentations, and powerful speeches that came from the DNC convention.

I cannot understate how drastic the two conventions were. The GOP platform of fear and division is extremely old and quite simply, people are just tired of it. The DNC's message was one of togetherness was effective and inspires people.

Objectively, at the end of the day, people are just more receptive to being inspired rather than focusing on each others differences. This difference alone is enough to give the democrats another 4 years in the white house. And, the GOP's response is we don't care and we're going to continue to do the same. The GOP's tactics do not work, but they refuse to recognize this downfall and will continue to lose national elections because of it.

I didn't hear any fear or division at the GOP. I heard a lot of gloom and doom from the DNC.

To each their own.

link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: ketsuko

I just quoted her words. You have to show she is lying.

What I said doesn't say she is lying at all. It's a way to interpret her words that you clearly haven't considered. If no one has guns except law enforcement and police, then you clearly cannot be shot by someone who shouldn't have one. Yes?

She hasn't lied at all. You just didn't share her point of view. It's like Obi Wan Kenobi didn't lie to Luke when he said Darth Vader killed his father ... if you took his view point.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I didn't hear any fear or division at the GOP. I heard a lot of gloom and doom from the DNC.

Come on!
Try to be serious.

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Well, Teikiatsu...

I honestly don't know how to have this conversation without trolling my own thread

So, I guess I'm just going to say: this is where we are. Small wonder

Who you voting for then? Which candidate is Lucifer free?

None.

But some of them are actively listening.

+3 more 
link   
Let me start by saying I will admit my bias in that I strongly dislike Hillary and the DNC.

Having said that, I think that Booker, Michelle, Biden, Obama, and several others gave good speeches. I may not have agreed with the content, but I thought they were strategically good, and delivered very well.
With that said, Hillary’s speech was terrible. From the content to the delivery, I thought it was just bad.

On the delivery, she has a weird cadence that just doesn’t seem authentic. Compare her to Michelle who I thought seemed authentic and powerful. She didn’t get real bug cheers, and when she did it felt forced. It showed Hillary supporters in the audience and many times they were just staring blankly. When the audience was shown as a whole, you could see the front rows were very animated, but the further back you went, there was not much reaction. The top rows looked seated the whole time. And when it shoed Bernie, he looked sick to his stomach.

That’s not to even mention the protesters. One of the biggest knocks on Trump was the fractured convention, but I don’t remember protesters chanting during his speech. The gestapo tactics that were used to silence these people was disgusting. Because of these protesters, the crowd was trying to out chant them at times, but at weird times. You could see that several times it bothered Hillary. Imagine how much worse it would have been had they not kicked so many people out.

As for the content, I found it lacking. She did not address any of her negatives, such as the emails, Libya, etc. What did she praise about her time in the State Department? This should be a huge selling point for her, and yet she has nothing to point to. She talked about things like defeating Wall st and having fairness, but doesn’t mention her ties to them. She could have said something like “Sure they have given me money, but that’s their stupidity, because I am going to regulate them anyways!” but know, she just ignores it. And on fairness, apparently we are supposed to believe that the email leaks never happened. She could have mentioned them and said she had no connection to them or something, but no.

Then you had the double speak. The country is great, but we need to fix it. The economy is awesome, but too many people have been left behind, and others. She is trying to run as a person continuing Obama’s platform, but is the best change maker ever. It’s just garbage, and does nothing to solve her greatest weakness, her trustworthiness.

Also, I hate the pandering with free stuff. College will be free, health care will be free, and the wealthy will pay for it all!!!! Yet we have heard this song and dance before. I remember all of my college friends so excited at the free health care they were going to get, now I listened to their sad story as they can’t afford health care and are paying the penalty every year. But I am sure this time we will get all the goodies for free!

Then we get to the two problems that people claimed with Trumps speech, it attacked Hillary too much, and didn’t have specific policies. All day I heard media people say she wouldn’t attack trump much, and then what does she do, attacks Trump. And the media loved it. Again, attacking Trump good and hilarious, attacking Hillary, disgusting and awful.

And what specific policies did she have more than Trump? The media is on right now praising the amount of detail she gave. What was it. She said free tuition, and free health care, and the rich will pay for it. Trump said bring back business by lower regulations and taxes and ending bad trade deals. How were her comments any more detailed? She said we need increased intelligence and we will attack ISIS, Trump said we need to increase military funding and limit Syrian refugees?
Why is one more detailed than the other. This is clearly just media spin.

I am sorry, I don’t think this speech was that good. The media will spin and spin about what a great speech this was, they will mock the RNC as divided, but ignore the Bernie protesters that were worse at the DNC. Trump’s criticisms of the country are fear, Hillary’s are just and needed, Trump attacking Hillary is petty and bad, Hillary attacking Trump is poignant and true, Trump had no detail, Hillary is all about detail. I am sorry, the agenda is obvious.

For those of you that think this was a great speech, ask yourself this, did you think it was better than Michelle’s or Obama’s? If the answer is no, then I would argue that I its own right is a loss for Hillary.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Sweet, but not as compelling.

OK..Thanks. Then Chelsea was more like a next door neighbor...but not tainted by sins of the Father and Mother.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Come on!
Try to be serious.

I am.

It's just more evidence that liberals and conservatives have different schemas by which they interpret the world around them.

link   

edit on 28-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: double post due to sticky post button

link   

Wow.It really sounds like they pumped in crowd noise.That sounded like no ne was there.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Except for the fact that they forgot to address the issues.

Other than that, great.

Reminds of me this Menchen quote.

Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

en.wikiquote.org...

Replace Roosevelt with Clinton.
edit on 28-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I hate to say this...

But, at least she would be better then we got now.

When Bill was in...We all made small fortunes.

He looks bad though...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Is this the part where you presume I'm a liberal? No.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Chelsea is kind of robotic but articulate. She softened the perception of Hillary. I would have to give the high score to the Trump kids by far. They just seemed more genuine, but Chelsea did okay. She's just so blank with the same expression on her face all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join