It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think it's clear Clinton drove more Dems to Dr. Stein and Trump tonight than they could've done on their own.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Your thread was a success.

Thanks to us Clinton critics cause there sure weren't too many Clinton voters.

Your welcome

because we were actually watching the convention.
We didn't want the experience ruined by the sour grapes and negative comments and running two line commentary from people who pretend to know her.
It was a much better experience for me without the nastiness.

Glad you enjoyed your feeding. I guess it's for the best to be comfortable in confirmation bias than to seek out the actual truth.

This was exactly like the RNC. Quite abit more glitz and glamour, granted, but the content was the same. Processed, packaged and shipped for your viewing pleasure.

Check please.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Very good speech and an excellent convention over all. The messages were on point and hit every note. This convention wasn't about pandering to Trump voters. Nothing will change their minds, in fact if Trump calls women "pigs" or calls for them to be punished if they have an abortion, his poll numbers will only go up.

But Obama, Biden, Bloomberg and Bill? They did a hell of a job at humanizing her, and at trying to entice the few sane Republicans and moderate independents that are still out there.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To reply to myself ...

One thing I notice quickly before I take off for bed.

Trump referred to America and Americans, Hillary referred to America and people.

link   
a reply to: Annee

Chelsea's always been a bit shy, protected, and kept out of the limelight. She did her thing, she presented herself well, and spoke clearly. But, its not really her thing.

I think she's lovely. Always liked her

I had such high hopes for Ivanka before daddy got all political. I swear - I would give anything to have a chat with her over a few glasses of wine

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ketsuko

That went over my head. Explain please? Looks like a Pac-Man.

It's a wordle. It maps all the words in Trump's speech. The large a word is, the more often it was used. Obviously, he used will a lot.

The shapes are meaningless, just cute.

OK thanks. I understood the word map. It was the PacMan shape that threw me a curve.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Welp, there we have it folks. This is what we need to defeat.

We have a celebrity laden, glitzy, showboat of a fabrication. There was clearly divisiveness even there. This is a stolen, assimilation of lost causes.

It would have been a disaster, were it not for the near surgical precision required to remove the very people whose momentum was responsible for even giving the left a realistic chance in this cycle.

The biggest lie won. An establishment candidate who has bipartisan endorsement of just about everybody responsible for the sh!t we have lived through for the last quarter century has taken, not earned, the nomination.

Congrats to the left for continuing the same # we once hated and tried to change.

Here we go. I will fight like hell all the way.

Hope we can still be pals.

I think we should wire the waste gate shut. It's gonna be
a long upHil pull to beat her and the kool-aid kids.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bill dozed off during her speech:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Very good speech and an excellent convention over all. The messages were on point and hit every note. This convention wasn't about pandering to Trump voters. Nothing will change their minds, in fact if Trump calls women "pigs" or calls for them to be punished if they have an abortion, his poll numbers will only go up.

But Obama, Biden, Bloomberg and Bill? They did a hell of a job at humanizing her, and at trying to entice the few sane Republicans and moderate independents that are still out there.

Enough to sway INDEPENDENTS ?

Ya know those people able to think for themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A different angle
edit on 7/28/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Ya know I wouldn't be surprised if Hill was slipping him something..Making sure he stays in line just like the Bernie Supporters...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
And people.

Thank GOD the conventions are over.

Drink up,relax, or whatever.

For tomorrow.

It's GAME ON!

link   
a reply to: neo96

Well - I'm too tired for banter

I think we are afraid of Trump - but from what I was reading earlier, a lot of conservatives are too. Some are going to swing left this time

Life is funny - strange bedfellows and all that

:-)

Careful what you wish for Neo

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I think it's clear Clinton drove more Dems to Dr. Stein and Trump tonight than they could've done on their own.

Crystal Clear.

Now the continuing Hillary lies will seal the election for Trump.

Hillary will not ever address the exposed and proven lies.

She's history.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Bill dozed off during her speech:

www.youtube.com...

Boredom.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

It won't be an uphill battle if we talk candidly with everybody we know.

I live in a predominantly Mexican populated Texas town. You would be surprised to see who listens when you aren't railing off.

Will it be effective? Time will tell.

Until then, my work is laid out for me. Time to educate everybody about the shortcomings of HRC and her ilk.

It's on.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
So true Neo...Cheers

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I'm pretty independent when it comes to politics and saw both conventions. I have to say, there was 1000 times more substance, organization of the presentations, and powerful speeches that came from the DNC convention.

I cannot understate how drastic the two conventions were. The GOP platform of fear and division is extremely old and quite simply, people are just tired of it. The DNC's message was one of togetherness was effective and inspires people.

Objectively, at the end of the day, people are just more receptive to being inspired rather than focusing on each others differences. This difference alone is enough to give the democrats another 4 years in the white house. And, the GOP's response is we don't care and we're going to continue to do the same. The GOP's tactics do not work, but they refuse to recognize this downfall and will continue to lose national elections because of it.

I didn't hear any fear or division at the GOP. I heard a lot of gloom and doom from the DNC.

To each their own.

Is there a website that will compare the two... the DNC and RNC convention content? I'd be interested in knowing which one used more "doom and gloom" words, versus words that were positive in nature.

The Democrats seemed to be pretty negative, considering that one of their own has been in charge the past 8 years.

This is actually pretty comical that you didn't see fear or division at the RNC. The gloom and doom is about Trump and his poor track record personal track record. Outside of Trump's wrap sheet, the DNC focused on bringing different people together while the RNC was focused on how Black Lives Matters are destroying us, Middle East is worst than ever, our allies are freeloaders, and ISIS is coming after you. Where is the positive part about the RNC platform again?

I didn't say that Doom and Gloom weren't present at the RNC. The out-of-power party is supposed to use negatives to describe the current state of our union. Obama did the same thing in 2008. It's common-sense campaign strategy.

What blows my mind is how, after 8 years, speaker after speaker at the DNC convention kept complaining about things that their very own President Obama has been in charge of, for the past 8 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

A different angle

What's more weird to me is Chelsea's facial expression. It never changes. It is like she put it on and is wearing it till this whole thing is over.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Crystal Clear.

Now the continuing Hillary lies will seal the election for Trump.

Hillary will not ever address the exposed and proven lies.

She's history.

Wait until we see the protests outside from tonight. Those were ignored tonight.

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join