It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
a reply to: carewemust

Wow.It really sounds like they pumped in crowd noise.That sounded like no ne was there.

They had White Noise Machines stationed around the stadium.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I'm pretty independent when it comes to politics and saw both conventions. I have to say, there was 1000 times more substance, organization of the presentations, and powerful speeches that came from the DNC convention.

I cannot understate how drastic the two conventions were. The GOP platform of fear and division is extremely old and quite simply, people are just tired of it. The DNC's message was one of togetherness was effective and inspires people.

Objectively, at the end of the day, people are just more receptive to being inspired rather than focusing on each others differences. This difference alone is enough to give the democrats another 4 years in the white house. And, the GOP's response is we don't care and we're going to continue to do the same. The GOP's tactics do not work, but they refuse to recognize this downfall and will continue to lose national elections because of it.

I didn't hear any fear or division at the GOP. I heard a lot of gloom and doom from the DNC.

To each their own.

Is there a website that will compare the two... the DNC and RNC convention content? I'd be interested in knowing which one used more "doom and gloom" words, versus words that were positive in nature.

The Democrats seemed to be pretty negative, considering that one of their own has been in charge the past 8 years.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

link   
a reply to: Grambler

As for the content, I found it lacking. She did not address any of her negatives, such as the emails, Libya, etc.

She doesn't owe you that

This is her nomination - get real

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm pretty independent when it comes to politics and saw both conventions. I have to say, there was 1000 times more substance, organization of the presentations, and powerful speeches that came from the DNC convention.

I cannot understate how drastic the two conventions were. The GOP platform of fear and division is extremely old and quite simply, people are just tired of it. The DNC's message was one of togetherness was effective and inspires people.

Objectively, at the end of the day, people are just more receptive to being inspired rather than focusing on each others differences. This difference alone is enough to give the democrats another 4 years in the white house. And, the GOP's response is we don't care and we're going to continue to do the same. The GOP's tactics do not work, but they refuse to recognize this downfall and will continue to lose national elections because of it.

I didn't hear any fear or division at the GOP. I heard a lot of gloom and doom from the DNC.

To each their own.

Is there a website that will compare the two... the DNC and RNC convention content? I'd be interested in knowing which one used more "doom and gloom" words, versus words that were positive in nature.

The Democrats seemed to be pretty negative, considering that one of their own has been in charge the past 8 years.

Hmm, does someone have the links for Trumps and Clinton's speeches? There are sights that do word maps. We could always see what the most dominant words in each speech are that way.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

Wow.It really sounds like they pumped in crowd noise.That sounded like no ne was there.

They had White Noise Machines stationed around the stadium.

Was that to woo over more middle-class White Americans?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There was one within a few hours of Trump's speech. Hopefully ATS will suss it out soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Your thread was a success.

Thanks to us Clinton critics cause there sure weren't too many Clinton voters.

Your welcome

Gin

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Trump's

Hillary's

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

there sure weren't too many Clinton voters.

I was wondering about that? Maybe they'll log in soon, post speech.

Gin

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

There was one within a few hours of Trump's speech. Hopefully ATS will suss it out soon.

Actually Hillary's speech was on Politico before she even started.

EDIT: Or maybe you didn't meant that, instead meant the text comparison.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I missed Chelsea. How was she, compared to the Trump "children"?

Far less Stepford-y

YES! That's the descriptive I couldn't quite pull out of my head.

Trumps kids were more Stepford-y.

Chelsea's always been a bit shy, protected, and kept out of the limelight. She did her thing, she presented herself well, and spoke clearly. But, its not really her thing.

edit on 28-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

We were hoping for a compare/contrast word map. Venn diagram thingy.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This thread was hilarious - and pretty much what I expected

Based on the dedicated and steady flow of sniping and whining - I think we can safely say that it smells of sour grapes and fear

:-)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This may be my favorite DNC convention picture

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
1997 congress voted in her program to insure children The Childrens Health Insurance Program insures over eight million children today.

During her time at Wellesley college she became aware that there were children with handicaps who were being denied an education. She worked for several years going door to door finally securing the interest and in the community to set up special education programs.

She worked on another project at the community level to put councilors in elementary schools so that children with problems at home could talk and perhaps get help if they were being abused.

After 911 as senator she went to Washington to procure funds to help rebuild NYC. Which until then had not received any.
Years later when first responders started to get illness from exposure to toxic fumes she again went to Washington to get additional funds to help with healthcare for firefighters and police. They were so grateful for her tireless work they gave her a special award.

That's a bit of her record of working with people.

If you really wanted to know. Unless you were not serious with your question.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

To each their own.

Hmm, does someone have the links for Trumps and Clinton's speeches? There are sights that do word maps. We could always see what the most dominant words in each speech are that way.

Logically, wouldn't we expect that the challenging party would be more negative about how things are going? It would be amazing if the DNC came even close to the RNC in words of dissatisfaction.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Maybe they don't want to go round and round with the quite vocal anti-Clinton group that is pervasive on ATS?

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
it smells of sour grapes and fear

Bill and Hillary's hotel room.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

Are you on mobile? I don't have twitter and the videos work for me on mobile..mobile link

new topics

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join