It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old black girl shot in the head

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

So you are saying being poor is a cultural thing?

So basically your admitting we creates a cast system. Have you ever read about the effects of the war on poverty and the war on drugs?

Not being poor. Culture meaning the lifestyle, music, glorifying violence, sex, money, drugs.

Last time I checked that's the same for everybody.

My kid is the weirdo because he is 13 and I still don't let him play call of duty or watch gratitutious violence.

Turn on the TV violence, violence, violence.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: thinline

I wonder how familiar Kamau Thomas is with the firearm. Had he gone to a gun safety training course? Know hot to clean/maintain the firearm? I think these types of questions would be important.

What a sad story... of all victims it had to be an innocent 6 year old girl. That's just heartbreaking

Not familiar enough. Chances are it was a stolen gun, which is broken. When a gun just goes full auto on it's own there likely is an issue with the sear. Or it is so dirty that the firing pin could be stuck in the forward position from all the buildup in the firing pin channel.

If it was a pistol they would fire once with the firing pin forward. More than likely sear pin damaged but even than in a pistol which I'm assuming it was rarely cause full auto. I tend to think this was trigger pulls with a very poor excuse.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So basically your admitting we creates a cast system. Have you ever read about the effects of the war on poverty and the war on drugs?

No, I'm saying there are certain aspects of behavior that are part of the culture of people who get stuck in the inner city in poverty. Disdain for education, gang involvement, high teen pregnancy rate and single motherhood, etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: luthier

Stop with the assumptions. I don't "love" the Jim Crow era. I am simply pointing out that blacks valued education more during that time period and for a time afterward.

Do you want to know a good part of what caused the rise in gangs? The breakdown of the family. No fathers. Gangs took the place of that in the family structure for many. And before you moan about that, I got it in university from a teaching course that was teaching me to understand the culture of the kids I'd be teaching.

I'm not really sure why you are so dead set on making what I am saying out to be what it's not.

I said we can change all kinds of things that are within our power to change - corruption, schools, businesses, etc. - but until and unless the other half of the equation, the people those changes are being made to help, decide to step up and really work to take advantage of those opportunities, it won't matter.

I am trying to tell that this is a two-sided process, and you seem stuck on your idea that I'm saying it's all on one side. Far from it, it takes two sides to change this, and if one side or the other shirks, then it won't work. It's really very simple.

And I simply stated Jim Crow blacks didn't have metal detectors and gang wars.

Broken families came from the drug war.

We put 100's of thousands of non violent drug offenders in jail for possession.

Part of my understanding of the situation is to end jailing non violent criminals and on a review basis expunging a felony record for non violent drug offenses.

Putting people in jail by the millions for the war on drugs is a complete failure. Treatment is the solution. Especially with the massive prescription drug and heroine epidemic.

We need to shift gears. The poor have had a policy injustice done to them. That does not require meeting half way to start fixing the problem.

Then we would need to adress we only have 5.5 million job openings. 109 million on welfare.

Time to inspire and lead stop dividing.

We need people to know they can start their own services and we need to build high tech well paying manufacturing probably in aerospace and energy with advanced physics.

Or we can just assume it's everyone else's fault and continue being led to point fingers.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No, I'm saying there are certain aspects of behavior that are part of the culture of people who get stuck in the inner city in poverty. Disdain for education, gang involvement, high teen pregnancy rate and single motherhood, etc.

Ok so once the first baby was born into that culture your whole arguement is shot. Is it now that babies fault he is raised in that culture?

Sorry I just don't see your point.
edit on 21-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Jesus

I........... I don't even know how to properly and politely express how that makes me feel

-Alee

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TheBulk

These are all factors in why black people have bad runs ins with the police.

Oh, I thought it was because they are more likely profiled and stopped more than other ethnic groups, because they were apprehended 'driving while Black' and 'walking while Black'.

13% of the population commits over 50% of the violent crime, so doesn't that make some sense rather than mean white people oppressing people. All your assumptions are based on your prejudice for white people. Ironic...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Of course, I'm also not sure how you clean up corruption when in many cities it's voted on by the very people we are trying to help. Corruption needs to maintain itself somehow, but you can't clean it up without putting yourself in a position of power and promises made by the corrupt are going to win over anything you offer any day. Corruption never worries about making good on its promises because it knows all it has to do is blame you when it doesn't deliver.

Unfortunately, what you call me blaming the inner cities is me recognizing that maybe person to person change might actually be easier than trying to enact broad institutional change. Bottom up instead of top down. There are some very old and very entrenched machines.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 313210America/ChicagoThu, 21 Jul 2016 10:32:17 -050031am31202America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

If I were the cynical type, I might find the shooter's testimony regarding the gun quite interesting. In particular the part about the gun going crazy and shooting of its own volition. That might sound highly suspicious to me if I were cynical.

I might recall all of the shootings where, in the aftermath and ensuing gun debate, one of the most adamant objections to gun control was that guns are inanimate objects and do not kill people. It would stand to reason for me that this was meant to belie that particular assertion--not because it's not true, it is-- but because it generates fear at the idea that a gun suddenly went rogue, completely out of control of the person holding it...maybe developed a mind of its own somehow.

I might think all of those things, and more...if I were cynical.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Ok so once the first baby was born into that culture your whole arguement is shot. Is it now that babies fault he is raised in that culture?

That's because you're stuck on the language of blame.

Is it a Chinese kid's fault that he was born in China and speaks Chinese and grows up essentially acting like a Chinese person?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sure. It just take a genius though to know an area with perpetual drug dealers some of which large enough to buy commercial real estate and diversify need to have police department and civic leaders under scrutiny as well as federal investigators and support.

That of coarse is only if you are looking to help the situation.

Chicago and Florida almost as whole having such corruption issues for so long is just outrageous

Your right though it will take people understanding the proposals and observations by the leaders are bad.

Yes ground up is a great thing. Sadly in the same era imo our last good president was assassinated so were many strong social justice leaders.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The more i read this the more it looks like a typical hillbilly scenario.

They have a shotgun, they shoot but something goes wrong. Squirell escapes, kid gets shot.

I mean.. whats the diference? A black guy with illegal gun, a hillbilly with a shotgun. All the same, someone dies.
edit on 21-7-2016 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That's because you're stuck on the language of blame.

Is it a Chinese kid's fault that he was born in China and speaks Chinese and grows up essentially acting like a Chinese person?

Don't back pedal.

So far your argument has been its the fault of the poor kids and their parents. My point is once the cycle is started it doesn't matter. You have to do everything possible to stop it.

Like you said it becomes culture. It spreads like a disease every child born into carries it to their children and it spreads like a virus. So waiting to meet halfway isn't an option.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Where are the reports of people shooting each other with legaly owned guns in Texas? Come on, those things happend lot more that black people getting shot.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
What you guys are bafflingly failling to understand is that the BLM movement is about POLICE killing black people. Which they do, in much higher numbers than they kill white people. They also stop and harass black people a lot more too. NOBODY should be killed by police unless they were an immediate threat to said police's life. This is the point.

So, when you start ops like this with the intention of subtlely mocking BLM, you just make yourselves look ignorant.

i cannot understand how you guys dont get that this is about black people being killed by police. And FYI, there are multiple protest groups protesting black on black violence.

Seriously. Ops like this are why you guys get called racist and ignorant. The tone is clear and frankly, the op is very sad.
I'm not calling you racist, i'm just saying i can see why some might. But i dont think much of the intention of this thread.

Show me one riot where the black community rises up to kick out all the gangbangers and dope dealers after an innocent child is shot. Just one. Show me one instance where the black community decides to take matters into it's own hands and starts sniping dope dealers like they just did cops.

BLM keeps talking about police not being charged, yet the clearance rate for homicides in Chicago is less than 25%. You know snitches get stitches. Where is the community outrage at Pookie not being charged?

There is no data showing the blacks killed more than whites and certainly none that shows intent. The fact of the matter is that blacks proportionately commit more crime, especially violent crime so as any Stats 101 class woudl tell you, it makes sense that blacks might be disproportionately represented in police interactions.

The reason no one takes BLM serious is because you ignore the thousands of blacks killed each year in thug on thug violence but go ape sh*t over a handful of incidents involving police (Most of which are justified by the way).

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
^^^^TRUTH^^^^

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Show me one instance where the black community decides to take matters into it's own hands and starts sniping dope dealers like they just did cops.

The black community did not "snipe" those police officers. An individual did. A black man with no connection to BLM.

Are you advocating for vigilante justice and murder?

The fact of the matter is that blacks proportionately commit more crime, especially violent crime so as any Stats 101 class woudl tell you, it makes sense that blacks might be disproportionately represented in police interactions.

It's not just that simple. There are other factors that may contribute to such statistics and that also need to be part of the debate. Taking such a simple approach is lazy and only serves to place blame, not find solutions.

The reason no one takes BLM serious is because you ignore the thousands of blacks killed each year in thug on thug violence but go ape sh*t over a handful of incidents involving police (Most of which are justified by the way).

No one is ignoring black on black violence, or as you call it "thug on thug". The black community itself has been trying to work on that very issue of violence in their communities for years. Just because you are ignorant to that fact, does not mean it is not happening.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

A black man with no connection to BLM, who just happened to kill the police officers at a BLM rally which are known for chanting for death to Cops. I can't even begin to understand how brainwashed you have to be to believe what you believe.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: introvert

A black man with no connection to BLM, who just happened to kill the police officers at a BLM rally which are known for chanting for death to Cops. I can't even begin to understand how brainwashed you have to be to believe what you believe.

The denial of reality is amazing isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join