It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old black girl shot in the head

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
What you guys are bafflingly failling to understand is that the BLM movement is about POLICE killing black people. Which they do, in much higher numbers than they kill white people. They also stop and harass black people a lot more too. NOBODY should be killed by police unless they were an immediate threat to said police's life. This is the point.

So, when you start ops like this with the intention of subtlely mocking BLM, you just make yourselves look ignorant.

i cannot understand how you guys dont get that this is about black people being killed by police. And FYI, there are multiple protest groups protesting black on black violence.

Seriously. Ops like this are why you guys get called racist and ignorant. The tone is clear and frankly, the op is very sad.
I'm not calling you racist, i'm just saying i can see why some might. But i dont think much of the intention of this thread.

More white people are killed every year by the Police. Also. Police patrol areas with the most crime (duh?). These tend to be run down minority neighborhoods. So of course there is going to be more interaction with the people in these communities, because that is where the most crime is happening.

Not by % of population they're not.

That's a white supremacist myth.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This one set my BS alert off:

Thomas said the trigger was sensitive and 'it started going crazy and kept going off until it was empty'

It's just so hard to take your finger off that trigger, huh?
Murder, 2nd degree, criminal negligence and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

And a dunce cap to go with his orange jumpsuit.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: luthier

Don't feed me that. I taught inner city and I know the kids have issues, but I also know that pumping up the schools isn't going to help without addressing the root causes of those other issues you talk about.

Blacks during the Jim Crow era had crappy schools, easily as bad or worse than what they have in the inner city now. Kids in second and third world countries are the same way. And somehow, they managed and still manage to get better basic educations than a lot of the kids in the inner cities.

It's not solely a facilities issue.

Until those other cultural issues are addressed too. Simply building a shiny new school won't begin to solve the problem.

Oh ok.

I think your consistently pretty bigoted.

This culture you speak of has been promoted. It has been formed and allowed to grow. Politics is completely to blame for it with some personal responsibility laying on the community as well.

How do you think all this gang stuff goes on? We created this with the war on drugs and the war on poverty. Both those things reshaped the entire black community.

For instance mandatory sentencing put many many black men in jail over simple possession or misdemeanors under three strike rules etc.

Non violent felons by the hundreds of thousands who can't get jobs at the same rate.

You are a blamer I can see. Its the blacks and their culture.

How is hat different than the people crying about white privilege.

Problem is people can't come up with solutions anymore because blame is much easier.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
W.T.H. were you thinking with this?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
what kind of parent takes their 6 year old out at 11PM to watch a street fight?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: thinline

Thats rediculous you just need to ve a critical thinker.

Obviously black on black crime is also an issue. The black community as well is aware of it. It just isn't part of the national discussion because foe instance they need to make sides like you have bought into with the op.

Exactly. It needs to b e because it's a critical reason why black people are getting shot by police int he first place. A ridiculously high percentage of black people (mostly men/teens) are committing violent crime.

This is true but I doubt you have any understanding of how that happened or why. You can also look at most of those areas and find massive corruption. Like cops not going after drug dealers until its to squash the highest payers competition.

The war on drugs has devastated the poor. White folks as well. Plenty of meth labs plague poor white people as well. When you level demographics the numbers are not that outrageous.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

You plan to make an ATS post every time a Black person is shot in America? Good luck with that!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
This one set my BS alert off:

Thomas said the trigger was sensitive and 'it started going crazy and kept going off until it was empty'

It's just so hard to take your finger off that trigger, huh?
Murder, 2nd degree, criminal negligence and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

And a dunce cap to go with his orange jumpsuit.

I would think the gun was poorly modified to be an automatic, once it was fired it just kept going.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Instead of going after legitimate Gun Ownership the Government need to work out how to stop illegal gun running into urban areas.

Find out where these fire arms are coming from.
& put a stop to it.

The firearms are mostly coming from the homes and cars of law abiding citizens. Stolen. And from straw purchasers, which is against the law, yet I don't think anyone has ever been convicted yet for the mere act of trying to illegally buy a gun for someone else.

Laws that we have in the books already, need to be enforced. Another big issue is the courts playing catch and release. Just about all criminals who end up killing someone, has a mile long record, in which if they were sentenced to prison for a very long time, would have not been out on the street to begin with.

I mean don't you think it is time to throw away the key after, say the 10th crime?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm curious, why do we make it about race just like BLM does?

Unlike BLM, who makes vast sweeping generalizations, it seems prudent to focus on individual cases rather than obscene categories such as "black on black crime", or "police war on blacks". It is unjustified and without merit to focus on cases by race, just as it would be to focus on cases by height, by baldness, or by freckle count. It's too arbitrary.

Their methodology and their theory is completely wrong, and it would do us well not to fall into the same trap.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Oh, please, stop with that.

We can do all those things. I'm not saying to not do them, but unless those things are met halfway, they won't work.

Build a beautiful school. Good start. But unless the kids come in ready to learn and with parents who support the idea they should be learning. It won't matter. That's my point.

We can do the first part, but only the people in question can take care of the second half. Do you or do you not disagree with that?

Or are we somehow supposed to force kids to come to school ready to learn when they do not have home lives conducive to this? Those are cultural things that need to be addressed and it cannot be compelled from outside actors.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
I'm curious, why do we make it about race just like BLM does?

Unlike BLM, who makes vast sweeping generalizations, it seems prudent to focus on individual cases rather than obscene categories such as "black on black crime", or "police war on blacks". It is unjustified and without merit to focus on cases by race, just as it would be to focus on cases by height, by baldness, or by freckle count. It's too arbitrary.

Their methodology and their theory is completely wrong, and it would do us well not to fall into the same trap.

Exactly somehow having the opposite response is better. Isn't that what continues the cycle. Black racist is formed by white racist on and on.

How about we just try and build a strong community for everyone.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'll wager that the 3 letter agencies know exactly where and how these guns end up in these areas.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: chrismarco

None of that changes anything if the kids don't want to learn.

The disdain for education is deeply ingrained.

I think the kids are at a huge disadvantage because their parents did not want to learn...so you have to continue to push the kids for a better education because they will be parents eventually...you have to start with the kids...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You are a blamer I can see. Its the blacks and their culture.

Btw, I might point out that you are the only one in this back and forth who brings up race.

When I taught inner city, my kids were a mix of black, Hispanic, Asian, and white. They ALL had the same problems you are referencing for inner city issues. And that's why I say it's a cultural thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

True, but even uneducated parents can recognize the value of education and impress that on their children by insisting they be educated. As far as homework support, that would have to be provided by outside sources in the case of uneducated parents. You would also have to have some extra early literacy support.

Kids pick up a lot of their early literacy skills from reading parents.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Oh, please, stop with that.

We can do all those things. I'm not saying to not do them, but unless those things are met halfway, they won't work.

Build a beautiful school. Good start. But unless the kids come in ready to learn and with parents who support the idea they should be learning. It won't matter. That's my point.

We can do the first part, but only the people in question can take care of the second half. Do you or do you not disagree with that?

Or are we somehow supposed to force kids to come to school ready to learn when they do not have home lives conducive to this? Those are cultural things that need to be addressed and it cannot be compelled from outside actors.

I ain't talking about building beautiful schools.

That literally has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

By the way these other schools in the 2nd and third world as well as your beloved Jim Crow era did they have metal detectors and Pat downs, shootings, terrible curriculum and under paid bad teachers and methods?

Probably not. Not to mention having gang wars spilling into school. Oh wait that's their fault for being born into that culture.

I don't think you could even understand what meeting half way means or gets accomplished.

First thing is to address corruption. There is a reason Chicago is a mess. Once the mess is in place politicians use the mess to their political advantage. Thats the real crime here.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you are saying being poor is a cultural thing?

So basically your admitting we creates a cast system. Have you ever read about the effects of the war on poverty and the war on drugs?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

So you are saying being poor is a cultural thing?

So basically your admitting we creates a cast system. Have you ever read about the effects of the war on poverty and the war on drugs?

Not being poor. Culture meaning the lifestyle, music, glorifying violence, sex, money, drugs.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Stop with the assumptions. I don't "love" the Jim Crow era. I am simply pointing out that blacks valued education more during that time period and for a time afterward.

Do you want to know a good part of what caused the rise in gangs? The breakdown of the family. No fathers. Gangs took the place of that in the family structure for many. And before you moan about that, I got it in university from a teaching course that was teaching me to understand the culture of the kids I'd be teaching.

I'm not really sure why you are so dead set on making what I am saying out to be what it's not.

I said we can change all kinds of things that are within our power to change - corruption, schools, businesses, etc. - but until and unless the other half of the equation, the people those changes are being made to help, decide to step up and really work to take advantage of those opportunities, it won't matter.

I am trying to tell that this is a two-sided process, and you seem stuck on your idea that I'm saying it's all on one side. Far from it, it takes two sides to change this, and if one side or the other shirks, then it won't work. It's really very simple.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join