It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old black girl shot in the head

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

None of that changes anything if the kids don't want to learn.

The disdain for education is deeply ingrained.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Amen.

Maybe start by ending the drug war. Possession just being confiscation if it's that type of situation and the remaining dea fights black market dealers. Cops become community police again. Some without guns those with guns have a pay raise but need to be trained more like the FBI as far as education.

Offer massive incentives for bussinesses to open in the area. Particularly something with levels of education and advancement like tech factories.

And the schools can not be run like prisons. Fear isn't a good thing for education. Plain clothes cops only if it's a developing city (because some of these areas are third world level)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That poor baby

I hope she has a full recovery...... I hope her parents choose to associate with better humans.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

OK mate, i cant be arsed to argue with someone who thinks like you do. Enjoy your ignorance. Careful of those black guys on your street, they are probably trying to kill you.

What in the world? I'm sorry you think facts are "ignorance" or that ignoring them makes you enlightened in some way. But, that's the state of things these days.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What a heartbreaking event for the family of this little girl.

RIP Angel.

Don't aim for the low hanging fruit ATS, I implore you.

That's what I was thinking...low hanging fruit.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
It seems like, every time a black person gets shot, it's news. So, I think ATS should roll with this theme and make a post every time a black person gets shot in America. We, ATS, can break down each shooting and see if we see a pattern.

That would make up the majority of posting to this site. But, I get your point, and I'm not the only one.

For every black man — criminal or innocent — killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men. The, at most, 2.5 percent of the problem generates relentless rage. And, yet, it is rude-to-racist to mention 97.5 percent of the problem.

The notion that America’s cops simply are gunning down innocent black people is one of today’s biggest and deadliest lies”.
But as black conservative, radio host, humorist and author Kevin Jackson points out in his new book, Race Pimping: The Multi-Trillion Dollar Business of Liberalism, it’s not only a big lie, it’s a very, very profitable one.

Race pimping has cost America TRILLIONS of dollars, because there’s big money in race guilt. Politicians line their pockets and those of family and friends, while delivering little to nothing to their constituents or the community at large. Source

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

These are all factors in why black people have bad runs ins with the police.

Oh, I thought it was because they are more likely profiled and stopped more than other ethnic groups, because they were apprehended 'driving while Black' and 'walking while Black'.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
You really think he cares about gun safety or were he gets his guns? No one that cares about the law or gun safety fires a round like he did. Go to YouTube and search "shootouts" and "street knockouts" and get a dose of reality.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because the schools are terrible and out of touch. I don't know if you have followed Chicago politics for instance. They have had education issues and teacher union strikes ever since I can remember.

It's not that simple. It is the whole situation.

For instance some the kids I teach wrestling to may not even have a parent around all the time. Some may not have food that helps keep focus. I just fixed a guitar for a kid that's mom works two jobs he has 5 siblings and a dad in jail. Somehow this kid is a good person even though nobody d looking out for him.

So when you are grappling with some crazy hyper real stuff at home school is pretty tough. Especially when many of your peers have the same situation.

It's tough but politicians have let the situation rot for years because it's just poor people killing each other.

It's not until a nice middle class area has an issue the news cares. Or if a cop kills a black person.

I will never forget Rand Paul having to explain to congress how using fines for city revanue is terrible for the poor. A poor person getting a car impounded for instance is devastating. Yet cities like Ferguson target for fines to account for budget issues

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I couldn't be more wrong about my opinion? Uh... what?

link   

originally posted by: thinline
Kamau Thomas Jr, a 19 year old black male, showed up to see a fight between two women- Dawneesha Spears and Kacey Turner around 11 pm on July 18th(Monday).

Thomas said he was threatened by Clay 'Clips' Thompson. So he went to fire one shot in the air to scare Clips off. Thomas said the trigger was sensitive and 'it started going crazy and kept going off until it was empty'

One of the shots, hot a 6 year old in the head.

It seems like, every time a black person gets shot, it's news. So, I think ATS should roll with this theme and make a post every time a black person gets shot in America. We, ATS, can break down each shooting and see if we see a pattern.

triblive.com...

I for one, am more upset about black on black gun violence than I am about the police violence honestly because I have had friends die from being killed by black on black gun violence and I was injured in a drive by shooting 10 years ago right after I got out of college (the shooter was not going after me) when I was still living in my old neighborhood.

the fact that certain black activists want to ignore this issue infuriates me.

i will tell you what I believe to be two common factors in many of these shootings:

1)POVERTY

and

2)THE CONTINUED DISMISSAL OF THE SEVERE MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS PLAGUING INNER CITY BLACK COMMUNITIES.

There are thousands of young black men and women who are out there in these environments who have severe PTSD, clinical depression, severe anxiety disorder, etc due to a number of reasons and they are going untreated and what happens is that these issues end up being "released" in the form of violence. Poverty and deplorable conditions, malnutrition, physical and sexual abuse all are contributing factors to the mental deterioration we are witnessing right now in inner city black communities.

I myself, even though I no longer live in a bad area, still suffer PTSD due to being shot. I got help for my issues but its an every day fight. For many of the black youth that are in these areas, they aren't getting help and they end up feeding into a cycle that causes all of the nasty things that they keep on the inside to come out in the form of violence.

The narrative is quick to turn to mental health when a white killer shoots up somewhere. but if a black killer shoots up an entire street corner, the issue of mental health is not even brought up when I believe that it plays a SERIOUS role in what happened...no sane person wakes up wanting to go outside to kill people for trivial reasons. But every day in places like Chicago and Baltimore, it happens.

a serious discussion needs to be had about this...and not just the blatant "brush it under the rug" mentality that i have seen from Black Lives Matter and other so called activists.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Most businesses don't open in those neighborhoods even though there are already massive incentives in place because they get robbed blind.

Opening businesses that require skilled labor won't automatically employ the people in that area because those people often do not have the skills needed. If they did, they would not live there but would live elsewhere. So basically, you want to gentrify the area which means that living spaces and other accommodations for the workers needed for the skilled business would move in and eventually displace the people who live there now.

See Silicon Valley and the surrounding areas.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
That poor baby

I hope she has a full recovery...... I hope her parents choose to associate with better humans.

-Alee

The little girl passed away.

:'(

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Don't feed me that. I taught inner city and I know the kids have issues, but I also know that pumping up the schools isn't going to help without addressing the root causes of those other issues you talk about.

Blacks during the Jim Crow era had crappy schools, easily as bad or worse than what they have in the inner city now. Kids in second and third world countries are the same way. And somehow, they managed and still manage to get better basic educations than a lot of the kids in the inner cities.

It's not solely a facilities issue.

Until those other cultural issues are addressed too. Simply building a shiny new school won't begin to solve the problem.

link   
The only things I see here is some asshole trying to be a big man pulled a gun and a six year old child dies. Yes I am colour blind

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Most businesses don't open in those neighborhoods even though there are already massive incentives in place because they get robbed blind.

Opening businesses that require skilled labor won't automatically employ the people in that area because those people often do not have the skills needed. If they did, they would not live there but would live elsewhere. So basically, you want to gentrify the area which means that living spaces and other accommodations for the workers needed for the skilled business would move in and eventually displace the people who live there now.

See Silicon Valley and the surrounding areas.

No kidding. Thats why I have repeatedly said it requires a change in law enforcement tactics.

The business need to be assured and bonded that they will be protected.

Training can start through community colleges or job training centers.

Also explained levels of employment.

You have to understand when you look at high crime areas most often you are also looking at massive political corruption. Like cops on the books, and judges, as well as politicians. These are budget crisis areas as well.

It would be easy and convenient to blame black people but it just isn't that simple.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
What you guys are bafflingly failling to understand is that the BLM movement is about POLICE killing black people. Which they do, in much higher numbers than they kill white people. They also stop and harass black people a lot more too. NOBODY should be killed by police unless they were an immediate threat to said police's life. This is the point.

So, when you start ops like this with the intention of subtlely mocking BLM, you just make yourselves look ignorant.

i cannot understand how you guys dont get that this is about black people being killed by police. And FYI, there are multiple protest groups protesting black on black violence.

Seriously. Ops like this are why you guys get called racist and ignorant. The tone is clear and frankly, the op is very sad.
I'm not calling you racist, i'm just saying i can see why some might. But i dont think much of the intention of this thread.

More white people are killed every year by the Police. Also. Police patrol areas with the most crime (duh?). These tend to be run down minority neighborhoods. So of course there is going to be more interaction with the people in these communities, because that is where the most crime is happening.
edit on 21-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is just an awful story. The death of a child is always tragic.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Instead of going after legitimate Gun Ownership the Government need to work out how to stop illegal gun running into urban areas.

Find out where these fire arms are coming from.
& put a stop to it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Who said I was exclusively blaming them?

I am simply pointing out that what you propose is all well and good, but without an equal effort on their part, it won't do any good.

In other words, we cannot fix them it all by ourselves. They have to work just as hard or it won't work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join