It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
But then they'd be shooting the wrong guy which still makes them look like idiots.

Police have never been known to have good aim either. So yes, either they shot a guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air. Or they attempted to shoot an autistic man with a toy truck but missed him and instead shot the man laying on the ground with his hands in the air. Or it's neither and it's a case of poor trigger discipline which resulted in shooting a guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Seems like a dumb mistake. Negligent discharge probably. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

IMO, it's probably that last one. But we'll see.

If it was then what he should do in a sane world, is hand in his badge and gun, go public and say, "Um, yeah. I made a horrible mistake because I'm a lousy cop and I accidentally shot an innocent guy as he lay on the ground with his hands up. That's why I'm quitting the force, because I'm really bad at my job and I shot a totally innocent person and I'm very sorry for that."

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a negligent discharge that's being blown out of proportion as another cop shooting a black guy.

When people are handling firearms there is always the potential someone is going to get shot. Sometimes the cops shoot themselves. Pretty damn funny when that happens. It's pretty damaging to one's career if you become defined as an unsafe officer.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Try not to become involved with cops. You do NOT know what the outcome is going to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Decent caring guy and this is what happens? Even in the hospital he's not vengeful or acting out or anything, he's calm, reasonable and just wants answers. Cops must have the moral compasses completely driven out of them. I'm pretty disgusted and bet they don't have a video of the shot being fired.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is effing unbelievable.

This is absolutely wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Sounds like a negligent discharge that's being blown out of proportion as another cop shooting a black guy.

Yeah maybe. Normally they 'unload' on people, rapid fire like.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Horrible.

And some people still wonder why other people are so angry they protest in the streets?

Will it take tomorrow or the next day or the day after that for the wondering to stop?

Some will say...maybe the group home worker was a THUG. That he had traffic tickets. Still waiting for that one. The digging up of his facebook and anything he said in high school.

This is a national emergency.

Even if it was a misfire, the more this happens, the more tensions go up. This 'heat dome' weather thing is about to cause a lot of problems as well.
Police need a more 'hands off' approach. Similar to UK police.

edit on 20-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

originally posted by: mOjOm
But then they'd be shooting the wrong guy which still makes them look like idiots.

Police have never been known to have good aim either. So yes, either they shot a guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air. Or they attempted to shoot an autistic man with a toy truck but missed him and instead shot the man laying on the ground with his hands in the air. Or it's neither and it's a case of poor trigger discipline which resulted in shooting a guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air.

They should not have been shooting.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It makes it so much worse that it was this sweet grandfatherly man caring for someone with autism.

I doubt the cop did it on purpose, but come on dude. I hope they own it and admit it was a screw up and don't drag it out with a bunch of BS.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do the police have binoculars??? They would have been able to tell it wasn't a gun but rather a toy by looking through binoculars. I am assuming all cop cars have them?? Does anyone know?

This story is so appalling.

I have a family member that is severely autistic. People with severe autism can sometimes act out aggressively by yelling/kicking/punching. A police officer should have been able to tell this person had a mental disability and should have known he was with a caretaker. Severely autistic people cannot and do not go places alone.

I'm sure the cop was aiming for the autistic person but missed.

Police officers need to be more brave. It is what they signed up for. It is their job. If you get scared of things easily and are extremely afraid of dying then you should not be a cop.

edit on 20-7-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You don't need to convince me. I don't believe they even needed their firearms drawn.

link   

It's almost like not everyone thinks all black people are thugs and only call out the ones that are. Weird. Keep up your sad little narrative Reldra.

link   
a reply to: Domo1

That cop needs to be in jail.

I will join the protests in the streets if he doesn't end up there.

ND or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

You don't need to convince me. I don't believe they even needed their firearms drawn.

Couldn't agree more.

I understand the initial call was about a man with a gun.

But any trained observer(which police are) would have been able to assess the situation and realized the only thing posing a danger there was THEM(as in the police).

This is so disgusting.. I'm so pissed right now...

edit on 20 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
Do the police have binoculars???

Good question. If they all don;t by now, that is a disgrace. Too many 'mistakes' have been made in thinking saomething was a gun.

They can get funding for military gear and vehicles but not binoculars? I should hope that would be first on the list.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah I'd protest this one if he doesn't lose his job.

It was very freaking clear after about 2 seconds of that video dude didn't need be covered by an AR or any other weapon.

My money is still on an ED but that's really not an excuse. If the cop and department nut up and say WE SCREWED UP ROYALLY this whole thing will go so much better for them.

You're a gun dude, does this seem plausible to you. One thing I worry about is all the cops running around with ARs now. I don't mind them having them if they're trained up, but I'm wondering what the qualifications actually are.

Link
edit on 2020160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

It's almost like not everyone thinks all black people are thugs and only call out the ones that are. Weird. Keep up your sad little narrative Reldra.

It's not a sad little narrative. If this man had not been so likeable and the video not so persuasive, that is what would have been happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Didn't even need optics to know the poor autistic kid and his counselor were no threat.

I...I stand by police as much as possible.

But this is just so egregious...

I don't even know what to say.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

That's what you choose to believe. I would be just as pissed if anyone without a weapon who ACTUALLY had there hands up got blasted in the leg. When it happens to someone who posts pictures of themselves holding guns and who has multiple felonies, yeah it's far more likely they were complicit in their own demise.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join