It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

How dare the media actually report the news?

It's not like they made this up. It happened and it appears that she may have copied some material.

How do you know she copied some material?

I don't. I said she may have.

How is it embarrassing and a travesty for the media to report on what happened?

All media outlets are talking about it, not just those you would deem to be Left-biased.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Indigo5

You've condemned Melania guilty of plagiarism with nothing more than speculation to back up your claims.

It's not speculation. It's termed plagiarism by computerized checker tools used by students. This business of couching it something other than it is, is simply desperate and entrenched. I have yet to see any pundit, analyst, journalist or ATS member condemn Melania Trump personally for it either. Plagiarism happens, that's why the plagiarism checker tool even exists.

But this drum beat of denial that is going on within the Trump campaign and among it's supporters is crazy-making. It's the bizarro world, Mandela Effect factor that is more concerning than what actually happened. People are just making # up at this point to justify the indefensible. People are deflecting and defaulting to political sniping when it's not political at all...their own candidate and his campaign have created this mess.

What's at stake here is the character of Donald Trump. What kind of man and manager is he? Is he capable of taking responsibility or is he willing to leave his own wife at the mercy of what is clearly an inept organization, rather than admit it's been mishandled?

To be honest, I feel so sorry for his daughter Tiffany who has to follow this # storm. She didn't really sign up for all of this either. Not as worried about Donald Jr., he's been out front for a while.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's not like they made this up. It happened and it appears that she may have copied some material.

All media outlets are talking about it, not just those you would deem to be Left-biased.

I was referring to the comic strip.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I wonder how many people they have on standby recording everything and looking to tear holes in it. I'm sure a computer program could do the job for a lot cheaper though.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

(post by Spiramirabilis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So was I.

(post by LesMisanthrope removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So was I.

Yes it's a travesty that people focus on petty nonsense rather than facing real issues.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The media doesn't report the news.

How many news outlets explain in detail how the Bush administration finances a Sunni army 'the awakening'.

How many news outlets explain how the Obama administration encouraged/armed this Sunni army into forming their own state (ISIS/Islamic caliphate)?

The media only reports meaningless bull#.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Plagiarism is a big deal.

Read the thread. Look at the side-by-side videos and the video of her saying she wrote it all with as little help as possible. Seeing as she wrote it, guess there's no one to fire or stuff

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The daily, many small things are probably a far stronger indicator of character than the occasional large thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Oh look, another purveyor of propaganda.

Trying to peddle bullshasta in a thread where most people already agree she lifted the lines?

And you're calling me a propagandist?

Straight from Trumps playbook Leslie - it don't matter if it's not true - just add a little truth enhancement and the people won't even notice

She didn't lift the lines. She sat down with speech writers, they asked her questions about her views, her background, how she was raised, what she was taught to believe in, what matters to her most, etc. etc., then they wrote a speech for her. Melania said she wrote some of the speech herself and some was written for her based on the things she told them. You people trying to cut this lovely lady to shreds are unconcionable.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

How would you feel and react if Hillary did the same thing?

I never would have noticed or even bothered looking for it. But it's probably a safe bet to think the Clinton's speech writers will go the extra mile to make sure potential First Lady Bill Clinton (the first male First Lady in American history) will be watched closely in his convention speech.

There's only so many ways to explain your vision for the children of the future, hard work, and family values which every First Lady shares. From Nancy Reagan to Hillary Clinton, to Laura Bush, to Ann Romney, to Michelle Obama, to Melania Trump, they've all had the same vision and thought when it came to the aforementioned.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

SNIP
Melania lifted Michelle Obama's lines - and you're talking about group think?

What are you appealing to Les?

:-)

edit on 19-7-2016 by spacedoubt because: Removed quote and off topic comment

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

If this was a college essay, Mrs Trump would have received a "F" and probably suspended if not expelled, for plagiarism. It failed the computer test.

link   

The fact that you have called the claim nonsense, accused others of propaganda and apparently not even read any of the posts or the news before doing so...makes you the propagandist...

As to your question "How do you know she copied some material? "

The campaign released a statement admitting the same...but with as much sugar as they could sprinkle on the pile of BS.

"In writing her beautiful speech, Melania's team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking."

So maybe you should direct your denial campaign at the Trump campaign itself?

Or perhaps you should attack the algorithm responsible for spotting egregious plagiarism that declares her speech plagiarism?

There is also a plagiarism checker that writers can use. When part of Melania Trump’s speech was placed into the tool on Grammarly.com, the website concluded, “significant plagiarism was detected.”

www.ibtimes.com...

Or perhaps you can apply a standard of truth to what you post?...But I do understand that is a pretty heavy lift for you when each post begins with agenda over facts.

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

SNIP

Melania lifted Michelle Obama's lines - and you're talking about group think?

What are you appealing to Les?

You don't know she lifted it. [SNIP] Guilty before proven innocent is a proposition of group think.
edit on 19-7-2016 by spacedoubt because: SNIP Personal attack edited out

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let's face it,

This was a hate crime against women.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You don't know she lifted it. You just like to accuse others because, assumedly, it makes you feel good doing so. Guilty before proven innocent is a proposition of group think.

Melania claims she wrote it herself

Oh, my - now we have more than one problem

Do try and keep up dear - this thread is way ahead of you
edit on 7/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join