It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: LSU0408

How would you feel and react if Hillary did the same thing?

there would be 9 congressional hearings and a threat to put her in prison.....

You act like she's skating through sending classified information and responsibility for the death of 4 Americans in Benghazi and was "dismissed" after her husband had a secret emergency meeting with the head of the DOJ days before she was dismissed. The reality is that she said four relative sentences about a vision most First Ladies share.

I do hope you guys will keep running this into the ground though.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I doubt Melania personally lifted those cliche lines. But, I think it's a good idea to keep talking about this because maybe people will go to her speech and read all of it. She is an impressive woman and I can't wait to see her as a FLOTUS all Americans can be proud of. The alternative is puke-worthy.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If I plagiarized even so much as a sentence on my dissertation; without proper credit given it would have been thrown out and you know it.

I don't blame Melania, she is just a pawn in the game of slimy politics and thrown under the bus by the campaign. This won't sink Trump but the threat to overturn Roe v Wade....will.

I still maintain that Trump is a Trojan horse to destroy the GOP. He's doing a great job btw.
edit on 19-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Bit more than a sentence or two.

Indeed... Four sentences. 20 seconds out of what, a 15 to 17 minute speech... What a deal breaker.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Here ya go...

a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Or perhaps you can apply a standard of truth to what you post?...But I do understand that is a pretty heavy lift for you when each post begins with agenda over facts.

You don't have facts; you have conjecture. I agree that in some cases the lines are similar or even the same, but that's all the facts you have. You have nothing to prove she plagiarized except for your own bias and a media-fuelled imagination.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

She is an impressive woman and I can't wait to see her as a FLOTUS all Americans can be proud of. The alternative is puke-worthy.

Well, he probably doesn't do heels and chiffon as well as Melania - I'll give you that

But I'll bet he does a mean interview on Ellen

:-)

link   

Why are you talking about Benghazi, Clinton, and emails in this thread? It has nothing to do with Trump speechwriters plaguerizing Obama speechwriters. It just shows how desperate you are.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If I plagiarized even so much as a sentence on my dissertation; without proper credit given it would have been thrown out and you know it.

You assume she plagiarized. That's all you have is your assumption, and you know it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Konduit
The funny part is that it's 2 sentences in a 17 minute speech.

no it isn't...

You're right, it was four sentences. Or about 20 seconds. Of a 15 to 17 minute speech.

Lol, this is absolutely the MOST desperate grab I've seen by the left so far.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This won't sink Trump but the threat to over throw Roe v Wade....will.

That is not going to happen under Trump. It isn't even on his radar. I don't think he even mentions it in all the issues he's concerned with. Other Republicans might spout stuff, but it's just talk....believe me. Trump has no intention of focusing on Roe vs. Wade.

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Melania claims she wrote it herself

No she didn't. Quote her actual words instead of filling in your own. Wouldn't want to expose your lies.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

Or perhaps you can apply a standard of truth to what you post?...But I do understand that is a pretty heavy lift for you when each post begins with agenda over facts.

You don't have facts; you have conjecture. .

You might be a propagandist doing damage control when...

... the Trump campaign itself admits they "borrowed fragments"...but you declare it "Conjecture"
edit on 19-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Oh so we're down to counting seconds now? It's only baby plagiarism as it was only 60 seconds? A misdemeanor instead of a felony?

No.

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: queenofswords

She is an impressive woman and I can't wait to see her as a FLOTUS all Americans can be proud of. The alternative is puke-worthy.

Well, he probably doesn't do heels and chiffon as well as Melania - I'll give you that

But I'll bet he does a mean interview on Ellen

:-)

My eyes! My eyes! We can't be sure what Bill Clinton does behind closed doors. Maybe he tries on Hillary's pantsuits when she's out of town.

link   

We have facts that show lines were directly lifted, you admit this, and yet you don't see that as plaguerism and highly unethical? No wonder humanity is doing so poorly. It's the definition of plaguerism. Lol. Another partisan person that is responsible for ruining this country.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh FFS, give it up peeps. Arguing whether or not it's plagiarism is absurd and nothing more than a straw-man tactic. We shouldn't even respond to that argument. It's dumbass.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You assume she plagiarized. That's all you have is your assumption, and you know it.

Try an keep up....I don't think she wrote the damn speech. Her speech writers are to blame for being either sloppy or lazy.

Squirm and spin all you like....the internet never forgets.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Oh so we're down to counting seconds now? It's only baby plagiarism as it was only 60 seconds? A misdemeanor instead of a felony?

No.

I doubt it's true, but even if those couple of cliche clauses were taken from Michelle's speech by Melania's speech writers, what do you want to do? You sound so vicious! Would it make you feel better if we cut her tongue out and hang it on a stake at the DNC so they can dance around like fools and point at it? Or, how about a few days in jail.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

This won't sink Trump but the threat to over throw Roe v Wade....will.

That is not going to happen under Trump. It isn't even on his radar. I don't think he even mentions it in all the issues he's concerned with. Other Republicans might spout stuff, but it's just talk....believe me. Trump has no intention of focusing on Roe vs. Wade.

His choice of VP wants to trash roe v wade and has said so. Lay down with dogs and expect to get a few fleas.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join