It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Trump should fire his speech writer, clearly he/she is not very creative.

Im sure Melania just read whatever was put in front of her.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I actually thought it was a great convention. So in the end, it fully depends on who you ask
If you're someone with an axe to grind against Trump or the GOP, then sure, it was a train-wreck. But if you're supporting Trump and the GOP, it was a thing of beauty that beat Hillary up pretty badly and gave her a few more black eyes.

That Benghazi Moms speech is going to resonate loudly going forward.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I refuse to believe that no one is competently vetting speeches or advising Trump and/or he is simply ignoring his handlers.

His entire campaign is strategically meant to sabotage his chances in the general election.

There will be plenty for the pundits to talk about in the aftermath of a democrat victory. Number one will be why he lost Florida: He came out too crass and polarizing on illegal immigration. And we will be reminded how Bush barely won the election, in 2000, with a 537 vote victory in Florida and the hispanic/latino population has increased in Florida by 50% since then.

But Trump has given the pundits a long list of reasons to discuss why he lost. It's all intentional, IMO.

Keep in mind though, after the election debacles of 2000 and 2004, Florida and Ohio enacted election reforms that actually made their state election systems less-secure. All the two parties need to do to make a hijacked election look plausible is give the pundits good reasons to explain it all away.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I keep saying this is a set up to make it look like trumps a victim of sabotage and im gonna stick by it. the speech co writer will take the fall for this and it will get a bump to His campaign.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

There is something very suspicious going on here.

The chunks copied verbatim are too obvious not to be deliberate. There also appears to be hidden jokes (never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down).

Sabotage or self-sabotage?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: veracity

I keep saying this is a set up to make it look like trumps a victim of sabotage and im gonna stick by it. the speech co writer will take the fall for this and it will get a bump to His campaign.

The primary is over. The general election is a different race. Trump isn't getting anymore bumps from being a victim to his own party.

The only way he will get bumps is from Hillary's negatives and by bringing minority voting blocs into the fold.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I appreciate news like this.

It takes away from the high unemployment, record numbers of people on food stamps and government welfare, failed foreign policies, terrorist attacks, a complete disregard for the rule of law by the Justice department and the Clintons, and a disregard for law enforcement and the continued push to assassinate those that serve and protect.

I say we just line Melania up against a wall and shoot her.

Are you surprised? 85% of the couch potato zombies in this country care more about Kardashian reruns with their noses buried in their iPhones. And if they do get up from the couch it's not to work but to go chase Pokemon characters in obscure places. Most of this country get what they deserve.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I appreciate news like this.

It takes away from the high unemployment, record numbers of people on food stamps and government welfare, failed foreign policies, terrorist attacks, a complete disregard for the rule of law by the Justice department and the Clintons, and a disregard for law enforcement and the continued push to assassinate those that serve and protect.

I say we just line Melania up against a wall and shoot her.

Are you surprised? 85% of the couch potato zombies in this country care more about Kardashian reruns with their noses buried in their iPhones. And if they do get up from the couch it's not to work but to go chase Pokemon characters in obscure places. Most of this country get what they deserve.

Good assesment...

I might also add that on a National level we get the finest government money can buy. Guess who pays the bill, who reaps the benefits and who pulls the strings?

Ultimately the elections are just an entertaining diversion.
edit on 19-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, this is the last I'll say about it....it's all just propaganda anyway so, whether it's plagiarized or not, means very little in the grand scheme of things, other than what allowing it and the mismanagement of it says about the competency of the overall Trump campaign.

There's very little substantive difference between what will be said at the GOP convention versus what will be said a the Democratic convention. The boundaries of acceptable political speech are so narrow, it's all bull#. It's all just platitudes and fluffy sound bites with no real substance.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: voided
a reply to: MotherMayEye

There is something very suspicious going on here.

The chunks copied verbatim are too obvious not to be deliberate. There also appears to be hidden jokes (never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down).

Sabotage or self-sabotage?

I'm going with self-sabotage.

I don't buy that Trump's history as a democrat and friend to the Clintons is completely meaningless. He has the kind of friendship with the Clintons where they exchanged favors. His record and history is far more reliable than the words that come out of his mouth -- and out of the Clintons' mouths. They are all liars.

Donald Trump talked politics with Bill Clinton weeks before launching 2016 bid

The mantra that Trump is "refreshingly honest and un-PC" made its way around conservative forums within about 24 hours after he announced his bid. And it gave him a license to alienate every minority voting bloc.

That was great for a primary run, but it sabotaged his chances in the general election. Strategic, not accidental, IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

it's all bull#. It's all just platitudes and fluffy sound bites with no real substance.

It's why I'm watching Batman vs Superman on PPV tonight.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I agree 100%. The plagiarism means squat. It's the incompetence of the campaign that is being highlighted in my mind... I fully expect Bill Clinton to plagiarize Melania at the DNC.

Some of the stuff on Twitter is hilarious, though! Famous Melania Trump Quotes

link   

link   
Why yes people we really vote for people that WRITE THEIR OWN SPEECHES!.

If this is the best yall got ?

Give it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's both hilarious and sad. Sad because the campaign did this to her and Donald let them.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Michelle Obama Copied Alinsky in Speech Melania Trump Allegedly Plagiarized

Back to Faux outrage.

Read it or don't.,

And people feel free to pass someone elses work off as your own like saying Melanie plagiarized.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's both hilarious and sad. Sad because the campaign did this to her and Donald let them.

I feel sorry for Melania! She was set up for this by the Trump campaign. I wonder what is the reason for this obvious betrayal.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Melania was lovely and eloquent. I wish I didn't know this.

I'm turning off all news today. I've had enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well, this is the last I'll say about it....it's all just propaganda anyway so, whether it's plagiarized or not, means very little in the grand scheme of things, other than what allowing it and the mismanagement of it says about the competency of the overall Trump campaign.

There's very little substantive difference between what will be said at the GOP convention versus what will be said a the Democratic convention. The boundaries of acceptable political speech are so narrow, it's all bull#. It's all just platitudes and fluffy sound bites with no real substance.

Agree as far as Trump's image is concerned -- it's just one small addition to a mountain of questionable things coming from his campaign. But, given that Melania is a just blip in the grand scheme, this is kind of a mountain as far as her image is concerned.

Michelle's image will forever be tainted by "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

This speech will just solidify Melania's image as that of a goldigging former-model who lacks substance and intellect. Trump's negatives worked for him in the primary, but they are going to benefit Hillary from here on out.

The last thing the Trump campaign needs is for Melania to be a negative.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join