It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Melania's plagiarized speech was part of the greatest comedy show on earth.

I spent yesterday laughing my head off at this entire event.
For me her speech was overshadowed by the brilliant stroke of getting that world trend setter Chachi in Charge up on stage. I mean at one point with all the walk offs, we WERE all thinking WHOs The Boss?

There was more comedic fodder than in a Seinfeld Episode.

Only thing missing was canned laughter overlay during Melanias "classy" speech.

I want more today!!!

The Republicans may get me to vote for them if they can promise me more of this silliness.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Not genuine...

But I can tell you one things...right now there are Trump Speechwriters saying "Sh&^!" and going over the speech he is going to deliver with a red pen and x-ing out entire paragraphs now they know the press will be watching for plaguerized portions.

I suspect his speech will be a mix of Pres. Obama and Richard Nixon...maybe even a little Hitler tossed in. Hey..Hitler was good with the crowds obviously..

Obama is obvious cuz he won twice...

Nixon?...Won on the Law and Order theme..

Trump's Campaign Manager Says He'll Channel 'Law And Order' Richard Nixon
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Donald Trump's ex-wife once said Trump kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bed
www.businessinsider.com...

If I had the bandwidth of the Press..and did it for a living...I'd be checking Trump's speech when he gives it for plaguerized passages fron Obama, Nixon and de fuher.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

If this is the case and it's entirely possible....who or what wrote the script? It wasn't Trump!

We got ourselves some kind of Manchurian flavored subterfuge going on?

Smells a littly Putiny

You know - none of this makes any sense. We might as well have some fun with it until it stops being fun. Which happened about 2 months ago

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Gee, so you are telling me that professional writers are still just regurgitating the same crap, even in politics?

Sounds like Hollywood. Every single movie is either a remake or follows "A Hero's Journey."

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

If I was shooting for first lady, I would be professional enough to look at the speeches of the past, myself. I would take the time to pen my own ideas also.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Let me ask, do you think Melania remembered the words of Michelle's speech and purposely used them, or asked someone to get Michelle's speech so she could copy it, highly unlikely.

BTW Laura Bush had similar words.

This is depressing, and I have tried to not get involved with the politics,

Can't see how anyone would like Hillary, we are so screwed.

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Screwing over his supporters. THIS is what is sad. You see, it is down to this in these forums now. If you are going to vote, I feel you can say something. If not, stick it in your ear is a kind way to say it. I will take it you are a Hillary supporter.

It was stellar...and original. I guess I did not know that Michelle Obamas speechwriters copyrighted being able to say things like I have values...work hard...respect...word is bond. That is it. Nothing is plagiarized????

This is the Politico Headline

Melania Trump's prime-time speech was strikingly similar to Michelle Obama's Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Now, this line....

Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them

I truly believe this was intentional.
edit on 07am31amf0000002016-07-19T10:54:21-05:001021 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Manafort also apparently blamed Clinton? Those evil witchy spells are super powerful.

He added, “This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down.”

Speaking to reporters in Cleveland later, Mr. Manafort said “there’s a political tint” to the allegations of plagiarism, accusing the Clinton campaign of being the first to spread them without offering any evidence.

On Twitter, a senior Clinton adviser, Jennifer Palmieri, denied that the campaign played a role in spreading the plagiarism allegations. [Source]

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Text

Text
a reply to: xuenchen

it kinda is a big deal.

why aren't the trump supporters more concerned? it reeks of sabotage within trumps staff if anything.

eta. and they USED melania

edit on 19-7-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
We might as well have some fun with it until it stops being fun. Which happened about 2 months ago

edit on 7/19/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Let me ask, do you think Melania remembered the words of Michelle's speech and purposely used them, or asked someone to get Michelle's speech so she could copy it

I don't! I don't blame Melania at all. In fact, she's smart enough not to do such a stupid thing!

No, the buck stops at Mr, Trump's feet. He hired the speechwriters. He runs the incompetent campaign that led to this.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yep. A def rickroll.

Saw that earlier LOL

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Sad. You are all sad. Talking about a speech that was not written by her that is NOT verbatim. I keep hearing this over and over and over and it is so the MSM does not have to show you Latrells speech, or Guilani's, David Clarke Jr or the Benghazi mother. Powerful speeches tha rip the current Administration to the core as well as pointed out a clear message for what our country needs.

It was great. She was fantastic. She will be a great first lady.

true, they did give powerful speeches
edit on 19-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Gee, so you are telling me that professional writers are still just regurgitating the same crap, even in politics?

Sounds like Hollywood. Every single movie is either a remake or follows "A Hero's Journey."

Trump is fully knowledgeable in the workings of Tinsel town. He's a member of my Union...Had his own TV show....ummmm

Hey, we ain't stupid...we know what the American people want and we give it to em. You got something against capitalism and free enterprise.

Unhappy with the entertainment industry? Make your own ****in movie. It ain't that hard....

with this....

www.celtx.com...
edit on 19-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

1:09
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Indigo5

Manafort also apparently blamed Clinton? Those evil witchy spells are super powerful.

"He added, “This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down.”

Speaking to reporters in Cleveland later, Mr. Manafort said “there’s a political tint” to the allegations of plagiarism, accusing the Clinton campaign of being the first to spread them without offering any evidence. "

What a putz...First off, no one is demeaning Melania except Manafort. He is the one that handed her that plagiarized speech and when he gets confronted...he makes it about her? Real stand-up guy there.

Secondly..if the neighbor turns you in for beating your dog, it is not your neighbors fault you beat your dog.

Manafort is moron..I am not sure Trump is smart enough to notice that Manafort is throwing his wife under the bus to divert blame from himself..or Maybe Trump doesn't care and they are all tools to him.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Melania Trump said what 9 out of 10 women would say about their life as a daughter, a mother, a wife, and an American. We want to know who she is as a family woman and that is exactly what she did. No plagiarism imo...just a standard family framework explanation.

I saw an off the cuff interview she gave and I was very impressed. She is elegant, devoted, successful, compassionate, and intelligent. She will be one of the best First Lady's we have ever had, imo.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
No plagiarism imo...

How do you define plagiarism, then?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

ok, I am rethinking my previous position based on new information.

Apparently a theory going around is that there was a plant on the team of speechwriters that intentionally sabotaged the speech to sabotage the convention and drive the media to focus on that instead of the real issues.

Could it have been the DNC, or GOP rivals?

You are a hoot Blue

It makes sense.

Everything makes sense in Bizarro World

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I will take it you are a Hillary supporter.

No, I am not. I'll be voting third party.

Here is the Daily Mail article: Link

Here's what they compare:

MELANIA TRUMP'S SPEECH (2016)
'My parents impressed on me the value of that you work hard for what you want in life.
'That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise.
'That you treat people with respect. Show the values and morals in in the daily life.
'That is the lesson that we continue to pass on to our son.
'We need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. [Cheering] Because we want our children in these nations to know that the only limit to your achievement is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.'

MICHELLE OBAMA'S SPEECH (2008)
'And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.
'And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation.
'Because we want our children – and all children in this nation – to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.'"

Yes, it was intentionally obvious and intentional all-around.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join