It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Someone please debunk this. Surely this is a twitter troll photshop thing, right? Otherwise, I'm going with Yuppa on this. **FAKE** see below at mother's post.

ETA - Definite joke. There is just no way.

edit on 7/19/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: muse7
Here it is

Side by side

Wow...

Does that mean Obama bad and Trump good?
Or Obama good and Trump bad?

Typically when someone plagiarizes someone's writing, the original author is not blamed...but I can see how that might be confusing absent any moral tether or ethical foundation.

If you copy the answers on a test from the person beside you...they are not the person who has cheated, you are.

That said, this is not Melania's fault. It is just symptomatic of her husbands fundamentally dishonest campaign.

And to be honest it is not so much the dishonesty of it that irks me, but rather the inherent assumption that Trump supporters are stupid and will not notice and worse yet would not care. I do not like what the dishonest strategy assumes about Americans.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't really think it was a set up. Melania isn't being blamed. She can't and shouldn't be held accountable. I think one of Trump's Cosa Nostra friends (whom Trump calls his "speechwriter") lazily copped a few good lines from Michelle's speech, thinking no one would ever notice, because he's exceptionally ignorant about campaigning and speech writing. I don't see a conspiracy theory here, I see incompetence.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Are people mad she did a better job than Michelle with the same words?

Is this more white privilege in action? lol.

So when is the FBI investigations and senate committee inquiries gonna start?

"Better job?"

Hahahahaha!....

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yes it must be a joke.

Trump got more likes and retweets

link   
Obama's tweet is dated July 19, 2012. the convention was in September. It's fake.
edit on 19-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: Read the wrong year.

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

His entire campaign is strategically meant to sabotage his chances in the general election.

If someone were to write a novel about a political antihero that sets out to destroy the farce that has become our national political system - it would look just like this

Trump would have to be some kind of batman level bizarre genius/villain. With a motive that includes some pathos and makes sense past his just being a narcissistic sociopath

I'm not sure if I would hate him more or hate him less - to be honest

:-)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

MME beat me to it.

Debunked. The Dem convention was September 4-6 in 2012.

The 2012 Democratic National Convention was a gathering, held from September 4 to September 6, 2012,

Source

Hilarious, though! LOL!
edit on 7/19/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Trump would have to be some kind of batman level bizarre genius/villain. With a motive that includes some pathos and makes sense past his just being a narcissistic sociopath

Oh, I don't think Trump is scheming alone.

And the motive would be money. There's more money for Congress to misappropriate and filter into Trump's pockets, and their cronies' and their own pockets, if a democrat wins.

The War on Terror is underway permanently now. That money-making scheme is perpetual. What the two-parties want is a big domestic budget and all the power that comes with spending it.

edit on 19-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sad. You are all sad. Talking about a speech that was not written by her that is NOT verbatim. I keep hearing this over and over and over and it is so the MSM does not have to show you Latrells speech, or Guilani's, David Clarke Jr or the Benghazi mother. Powerful speeches tha rip the current Administration to the core as well as pointed out a clear message for what our country needs.

It was great. She was fantastic. She will be a great first lady.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

If someone were to write a novel about a political antihero that sets out to destroy the farce that has become our national political system - it would look just like this Trump would have to be some kind of batman level bizarre genius/villain. With a motive that includes some pathos and makes sense past his just being a narcissistic sociopath

If this is the case and it's entirely possible....who or what wrote the script? It wasn't Trump!

edit on 19-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This thread is NOT the news item that is in the MSM.

To deny a headline over the plagiary charge imo is a cover-up

Melania Trump Plagiarized Michelle Obama, a Woman Republicans Said Hated America

Melania Trump appears to have plagiarized her speech at the opening night of the Republican National Convention from Michelle Obama’s address to the 2008 Democratic convention.

An entire section of Trump’s speech—focused on the values she and her husband share—appears to be lifted directly from Obama’s comments on the same subject eight years ago. Back then, Republicans claimed Michelle Obama wasn’t “proud” of her country; now Republicans defend her words when they’re coming out of Melania’s mouth.

edit on 19-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Come now, it's ATS , we know the answer..."They" did.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What? Are we not to discuss something unless it's in the MSM?

Yeah... WHAT? What headline is being denied?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Come now, it's ATS , we know the answer..."They" did.

Skull and Bones....not just for breakfast anymore!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Sad. You are all sad. Talking about a speech that was not written by her that is NOT verbatim. I keep hearing this over and over and over and it is so the MSM does not have to show you Latrells speech, or Guilani's, David Clarke Jr or the Benghazi mother. Powerful speeches tha rip the current Administration to the core as well as pointed out a clear message for what our country needs.

Speaking of plagiarism - that sounds like something Trump could have written - word for word

:-)

Donny...?

Sad. Just sad
edit on 7/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Why are we sad? We didn't write the speech. If the Trump campaign didn't want to overshadow those other speeches with a negative, then they should have made sure that Melania's speech was stellar and original.

Are people supposed to pretend it didn't happen?

You should be directing your disappointment at Trump. Another day, another faux pas that Trump is forcing his supporters to defend. He's really a d**k to his supporters.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Willtell

What? Are we not to discuss something unless it's in the MSM?

Yeah... WHAT? What headline is being denied?

That’s NOT my point.

My point is a thread highlighting the plagiary is a legitimate subject BY ITSELF having nothing to do with Obama’s wife’s speech versus Melanie’s speech

That's all I'll have to say on the matter

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: MOMof3
I can't blame her for wanting to imitate brilliance. Poor thing, being used and now humiliated.

Its only humiliation if you actually care. Personally i do stuff like that alot and people ask dont you feel shamed? Im like nope. I tell it like it is and do as i will. If you are a jerk. Be the best dang jerk you can be. Be proud of yourself.

Lol. Well, I did like her accent.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I guess this means everybody who liked Michelle's speech will automatically like Melania's.

This issue is gigantic and might affect all major government policy decisions from now on !!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join