It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

help out the new girl, does this mean there is a chance he won't be the candidate?

There's only the slightest of chances. I wouldn't hope for it.

To the best of my knowledge, this is what happened.

A lot of delegates signed petitions to have a roll call vote on the rules, instead of a Yay, Nay vote. They had enough signatures to do that, but they had a voice vote, and even though the votes were just a lot of noise and no real "yays" or "nays", the movement was passed.

NOW, there were several states who signed the petition that wanted the new 2016 rules changed. Not necessarily to free the delegats, but other aspects of the rules, and that's WHY they signed for a roll call vote. The RNC is claiming that these delegates signed ANOTHER petition, taking their names off of the FIRST petition. We don't know if this is true because no one seems to have these second petitions.

HOWEVER, nominating the VP is also another place where they can raise a stink. And I think they will... Also, when the vote comes up, they have another opportunity to walk out and who knows what would happen then?
edit on 7/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: removed 2012 rules because I think it was incorrect.

edit on 7/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
break now until 7:50pm ET

link   
Lol the music is it 1978?.
Disappointing they are having a break

link   
Nothing says unity like a pandering call to celebrate Jesus!!!

They are so damn desperate. How many times are they going to suggest "Unity"???

The division is so obvious and they're attempt to suggest different isn't working too well.

But let's hear it for Trump and Jesus!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So, when do they continue? Just remember im from Europe

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm not falling for the dog and pony show we just witnessed. It has been increasingly evident over the last two months that neither Trump nor the GOP wants to win this election. They have a built in MAJOR issue that they ignore. The economy. It's no secret that in almost every major metric ( GDP growth rate, National debt as a percentage of GDP, Job growth rate ) Obama's economy is HISTORICALLY bad. Yet the issue is ignored. Only 1 president in US history has failed to see at least 1 year during his term achieve a 3% growth rate...guess which one. Only two Presidents have a worse record for job growth rate since records were officially kept, and both were named Bush. Hillary is campaigning as basically being an extension of Obama's policies. Yet the GOP and Trump make social issues and security their main focus. It's all a sham.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

help out the new girl, does this mean there is a chance he won't be the candidate?

There's only the slightest of chances. I wouldn't hope for it.

To the best of my knowledge, this is what happened.

A lot of delegates signed petitions to have a roll call vote on the rules, instead of a Yay, Nay vote. They had enough signatures to do that, but the secretary (I think) came up and asked that the previous rules of 2012 be followed. They had a voice vote, and even though the votes were just a lot of noise and no real "yays" or "nays", the movement was passed. So, now, they're going to use the 2012 rules and the delegates are bound to Trump.

NOW, there were several states who signed the petition that wanted the new 2016 rules changed, and that's WHY they signed for a roll call vote. The RNC is claiming that these delegates signed ANOTHER petition, taking their names off of the FIRST petition. We don't know if this is true because no one seems to have these second petitions.

HOWEVER, nominating the VP is also another place where they can raise a stink. And I think they will... Also, when the vote comes up, they have another opportunity to walk out and who knows what would happen then?

I think that was it - they can't vote again on the nomination rules. they can challenge the VP pick but that does not bring things back to the nomination rules

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The GOP better pull a rabbit out of their 'hats' if they want to win in November.

I
edit on 18-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Lol the music is it 1978?.
Disappointing they are having a break

Who is the band?

They are pretty good.

Why is it all on Trump to bring these juvi's under control?

Aren't they all growed up and responsible adults?

Hope the names of these people have been recorded.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not looking good for the Grand Old Party, the party is so divided this might be the last election in which they are a major player. Divide and conquer,they are divided now it just remains to be seen how they will be conquered and by who?
They are either self destructing or they are being destroyed from within by an agent provocateur.
A lot of the big names in the GOP aren`t even going to the convention,that could be a fatal mistake for the party.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well that was a chaotic mess

Thanks for the intro to American political conventions, are they always this hilarious? Do they usually sink their chances of winning by showing the nation how divided they are?

Interesting process.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Not looking good for the Grand Old Party, the party is so divided this might be the last election in which they are a major player. Divide and conquer,they are divided now it just remains to be seen how they will be conquered and by who?
They are either self destructing or they are being destroyed from within by an agent provocateur.
A lot of the big names in the GOP aren`t even going to the convention,that could be a fatal mistake for the party.

Hopefully there are enough crows to go around come january.

At least the insurrection is over.

They blew their wad.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What an absolute clown show.

It is quite amazing the lengths the party establishment will go to in order to ignore it's support base. Really quite remarkable.

This is why the oligarchy needs to fall.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

What more proof do people need that Trump is not part of the establishment, when even his own party wants to bring him down?

...so, when does this clown fiesta continues?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Nothing says unity like a pandering call to celebrate Jesus!!!

Whats wrong with that ?

Gods never effed anyone over for a vote.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here's the winning move for GOP:

Stop being anti-science.
Stop pandering to Christians (especially when your real values are money, guns, and aggression).
Stop pandering to racists and xenophobia in general.

It's all a losing ticket. Time to evolve.

edit on 18-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The revolt leader just tried to say that it was not about unbinding.. he looked like a liar when he was challenged that he was acting on behalf of Cruz.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I hope the GOP is happy now. They just nominated a loser once again. Palin-McCain, Romney-Ryan and now Trump-Pense.

They had plenty of Honorable strong candidates available wtf.
edit on 18-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I hope the GOP is happy now. They just nominated a loser once again. Palin-McCain, Romney, and now Trump-Pense.

They had plenty of Honorable strong candidates available wtf.

The people voted for Trump . Everytihng else is just establishment rubbish

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Ohanka

What more proof do people need that Trump is not part of the establishment, when even his own party wants to bring him down?

...so, when does this clown fiesta continues?

Basically about 3 hours from time of recess (dinner). Not sure where you are so I figured that would give you a better idea.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join