It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

but apparently you comparing Trump and all of his supporters to Nazis.

I've provided examples of how the comparison is applicable.

What are the specific propaganda techniques, and what message is fascist? People keep throwing that around, but they aren't giving any examples.

I already posted those examples.

Is talking about law and order fascism? I am so tired of this. You call people facsists and Hitler's, yet people like you would have been how he was able to rise to power. You would have criticize anyone speaking out against the violence of Hitler. "How dare you nationalists in Poland complain about the violence from Hitler. Don't you know that complaining and stopping his violence is fascism!

That doesn't make much sense.

This whole thread the Trump haters have brought nothing to the table other than yelling he is a fascists without outlining why

I have done that.

Now you label an entire political group as evil and fascists.

I did not say evil.

Look, you already proved on the Benghazi mom thread how hypocritical you are when it comes to the republicans. Keep batting for your team, maybe you will get a nice prize at the end of the day!

I was not hypocritical and explained myself quite well. You jumped the gun, called me a hypocrite without having all your facts straight and made a fool of yourself.

Don't throw your failures in my face to divert attention from yourself.
edit on 22-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: MotherMayEye

sorry, I wasn't necessarily calling you an extremist but it is true...if you are an extremist then other extremists seem normal to you.

The Trump campaign's PR was out ahead of launching his bid to circulate the word that Trump is "refreshingly honest and un-PC" before he even launched his bid. He gave himself a license to say whatever he wanted to and alienate every minority voting bloc.

Effective PR trickery made him seem 'refreshing.' I wouldn't use the term 'normal.'

It was "refreshing" to extremists....and his PR worked fantastically. Will it work in the general election? Clinton seems almost sane by comparison.

Ah, but Trump derangement syndrome is a form of extremism, IMO.

And, no, it won't work in the general election. You can win the GOP nomination without much support from minority voting blocs but you cannot win a general election that way.

Trump has not run a campaign with a general election victory in mind.

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Gryphon66

How can anyone take this serious?

How many times do I have to report this member, in order for some mod to do something about this derailing?

This is just my take, you don't have to follow it;

I wouldn't worry about reporting anyone. If the mods want to remove a post, let them. I personally am glad these posts are left up for all to see. Remember, this is the same group that is supposedly for diversity and not labeling people, but everyone who disagrees with them is a Nazi.

Let their bigotry be broadcast to everyone. Every single reasonable person that fears has a concern about terrorism is a racist nazi to them. This is why they will eventually lose. Hardcore dems will vote dem, and repubs will vote repub. But their is a large group in the middle that is not hardcore for either side, and many of them have concerns about things like immigration and terrorism. The more they are shouted at a racists and nazis, the quicker this progressive movement will see its end.

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Dude I do the same thing when talking about people who can't remember what was said about something important that they are trying to argue with me about. Even if they don't have a disability.

I honestly feel some anti-trumpers are reading too much into little things, but refuse to afford Shillary the same depth of attention to crap that she says or does ( or doesn't do).

double standards much?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: neo96

Yes, I guess they managed in their intention to completely ruin this thread and chase everyone off with their insults and derailing.

I will not be a part of this fiesta anymore, where people are obviously intentionally baiting us and going off topic for a reason, in order for us not to discuss Donald Trump's wonderful speech from yesterday.

Stick around.
It's educational to see and hear how Hillary defenders come to grips with their own desperation.

Lefties realize, all too well, they're trapped having to defend and support a corrupt, insider, establishment, serial liar.
It's unfortunate...but that's their lot in this election.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lefties realize, all too well, they're trapped having to defend and support a corrupt, insider, establishment, serial liar. It's unfortunate...but that's their lot in this election.

As a Lefty, I am not voting for Hillary. I'll be sitting back relaxing at home while the rest of you vote against your own self interests.

What is real funny about all this, is that Trump fits that same description. A corrupt, establishment insider that lies.

Know tell me who's trapped?
edit on 22-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

sorry, I wasn't necessarily calling you an extremist but it is true...if you are an extremist then other extremists seem normal to you.

The Trump campaign's PR was out ahead of launching his bid to circulate the word that Trump is "refreshingly honest and un-PC" before he even launched his bid. He gave himself a license to say whatever he wanted to and alienate every minority voting bloc.

Effective PR trickery made him seem 'refreshing.' I wouldn't use the term 'normal.'

It was "refreshing" to extremists....and his PR worked fantastically. Will it work in the general election? Clinton seems almost sane by comparison.

And, no, it won't work in the general election. You can win the GOP nomination without much support from minority voting blocs but you cannot win a general election that way.

That's apparent or else he would have cut women, minorities, the disabled and John McCain a little more slack.

I have green money that Trump won't debate Clinton...Just like he bailed on Bernie after issuing the challenge.

It's still the best show in town!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

The parts about Ivanka talking about EQUAL pay.

The parts of religious speaks being ALL inclusive.

The part of enforcing EXISTING laws.

The part that spoke about the EPIC failures of domestic, and foreign policies.

The part where a GAY guy got a standing ovation.

And mostly.

Trump Critics going in meltdown because they can't handle the THUNDER.
edit on 22-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I judge the judgmental and call out their bigotry

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I have green money that Trump won't debate Clinton...Just like he bailed on Bernie after issuing the challenge.

Meh...your track record in the betting world is a bit lacking after last night.
Melania says 'Hi'.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Im not making a pretzel, just stating facts...yes, racism is rampant in our country, so is ignorance. Another strategy the extreme right side uses is putting words in other peoples mouths.

(ps. when did I say anything about Islamic Terrorism?)

From you:

If you are comparing extreme terrorist percentage to Muslims over all...its a lot lower of a percentage than Right Wing authoritarian, ultra-nationalist fascists percentage to Trump supporters over all.

You commented on a post I made to Introvert that said that Trump's and his supporters rhetoric cause violence against those groups. I pointed out that violence hass been committed against police and that could be blamed on Obama and Hillary's rhetoric, in addition to the fact that ISIS uses there exact language in their propaganda.

If you are now claiming that you do not blame Trumps rhetoric on violence, then fine, my post is not directed to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I for one agree most heartily with allowing posts to stand for now and for the record.

Political comparisons with fascists and Nazis, in the last decade, had indeed become a joke. I've joked about "Going Godwin" myself.

Actually, what we saw in Trump's speech and the RNC reaction is far, far worse than anything in the past.

This is not just another "we said/they said" issue. We are talking about giving the office of "the most powerful man in the world" to a guy who has proven himself to be thin-skinned, childish, vindictive, who has openly stated his opposition to the First Amendment in his proposed attacks on the free press, and last night, his advocating for dropping the very clear boundaries between (Christian) church and State, who has bragged non-stop about all the decrees he will issue on his first day in office, has admitted that he wants to purge the government of anyone he considers a political enemy, etc. Has scapegoated entire ethnicities and religions with his vile rhetoric, etc. etc.

No, Trump and followers are not mere fascists or Nazis ... they chant for the rule-of-law to be eradicated for their enemies, even while they promise that their new "law and order" will return power of the status quo to the "majority" (i.e. White, Christian, Straight America ... i.e. "the real America."), they think isolationism and protectionism are the answers (harking back to the early 20th century ... ), and more than anything else, they deny reality, evidence, the facts, and are very obvious in their adherence to the growing Cult of Personality around Donald J. Trump.

Nazis? No. Much, much, much worse.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Law and order.
Legal Immigration only.
Defeat ISIS
Provide opportunity to all Americans including inner cities
Rebuild infrastructure
Focus on trade and jobs
Revive the spirit of exploration in space
Equal pay for women and proper support through pregnancy

Yeah - SURE sounds like only extremists would go for THAT stuff.

I think it best left to liberals to focus on bathrooms, war, race war, punishing the police, censorship, making denials of global warming illegal and building on the dictionary of unusable words. Much better.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Melania says 'Hi'.

touche' You can have all my stars....or Melania can have them if she wants them....She's beautiful! Her sparkle outshine Donald. I can forgive her plagerism....she didn't write that speech just like Trump didn't write his.

edit on 22-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I for one agree most heartily with allowing posts to stand for now and for the record.

Political comparisons with fascists and Nazis, in the last decade, had indeed become a joke. I've joked about "Going Godwin" myself.

Actually, what we saw in Trump's speech and the RNC reaction is far, far worse than anything in the past.

This is not just another "we said/they said" issue. We are talking about giving the office of "the most powerful man in the world" to a guy who has proven himself to be thin-skinned, childish, vindictive, who has openly stated his opposition to the First Amendment in his proposed attacks on the free press, and last night, his advocating for dropping the very clear boundaries between (Christian) church and State, who has bragged non-stop about all the decrees he will issue on his first day in office, has admitted that he wants to purge the government of anyone he considers a political enemy, etc. Has scapegoated entire ethnicities and religions with his vile rhetoric, etc. etc.

No, Trump and followers are not mere fascists or Nazis ... they chant for the rule-of-law to be eradicated for their enemies, even while they promise that their new "law and order" will return power of the status quo to the "majority" (i.e. White, Christian, Straight America ... i.e. "the real America."), they think isolationism and protectionism are the answers (harking back to the early 20th century ... ), and more than anything else, they deny reality, evidence, the facts, and are very obvious in their adherence to the growing Cult of Personality around Donald J. Trump.

Nazis? No. Much, much, much worse.

Nonsense. Name me one direction that Trump put forward last night that was fascist (or worse)
I know you realise that you just upped the ante by calling Trump and all his supporters WORSE than Nazi's. I just don't think you realise how ridiculous it sounds. Look, I know this gets very heated and BOTH sides go to extremes in their commentary - even more so this election cycle - but what you are saying just does not resonate when you look at the words Trump used last night.
edit on 22/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
a reply to: angeldoll

Dude I do the same thing when talking about people who can't remember what was said about something important that they are trying to argue with me about. Even if they don't have a disability.

I honestly feel some anti-trumpers are reading too much into little things, but refuse to afford Shillary the same depth of attention to crap that she says or does ( or doesn't do).

double standards much?

If you consider that "a little thing" and do it yourself, then you need to check yourself, dude.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Melania says 'Hi'.

touche' You can have all my stars....

Keep 'em.
You BUY that pony.
My gift to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I've provided more than twenty already.

Read the thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I am out for now, but let me finsih with this.

I repeatedly posted how all of the claims that Trump lied in this speech were not true; no anti trump person responded.

The anti trump people are now claiming that anyone who supports trump is a fascist, that pictures of Trump and the audience with their hands raised proves they are nazis, despite the fat that we can show Obama and Hillary doing the same thing and that apparently does not make them nazis.

We have Introvert here who feels that the Benghazi mom was disgusting, but can't wait to here from Mike Browns mom, and even said on that thread he would love to hear from Bin Ladens son at the DNC on the war on terror. He wants to hear what Browns mom says before he judges her, but has no problem labeling millions of Trump supporters fascists without talking to them.

These are the arguments of people with nothing to say. I miss the days of arguing facts, but oh well, why deal with facts when you can just call all of your opponents nazi's and show pictures of kool aid! Anti Trumpers For The Win!!!

Oh and eta;

I forgot to mention my favorite tactic. Repeatedly posting "I already showed the facts" while completely ignoring posts that debunk them.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That is just utter nonsense.

For someone that brought up Godwin.

Why still trying to play the 'nazi' card eh?

Can't have it both ways.

Hyperbole.

Nothing else.
edit on 22-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join