It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You call in propaganda, I call it a definition of what it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Trying to compare the Democrats to ISIS is just laughable hyperbole.

Yeah man like 'hyperbole'!

Jihadi Militants Ban Smoking And Guns In Conquered Territories

And IF you had actually bothered to LISTEN to the speechs ALL week.

There was not a DAMN thing either 'ultra' or 'right' wing in it.

Stop lying.

Because the people that DID. WATCH, and LISTEN.

Know that's a lie.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Theil is a billionaire who thinks the economy is "broken" ... and "is proud" that he belongs to a party that wants to reverse history and turn LGBTs back into second-class citizens.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I knew that's what you were doing

what is wrong with praising BLM? unlike yourself who think this is a terrorists group, many people respect this group and understand the hardships that were behind creating it.

Obama does not only praise BLM but also praises "blue lives" just as much.

Claiming Obama has "constant admiration of BLM and claiming there is systemic racism in policing" is cherry picking and twisting truths to fit your agenda. It is practiced by a lot of republicans bc they must feel justified in their extreme beliefs for if the facts were actually correct...then they would be wrong and the other side just may be...correct

Also, it is a FACT that there is RAcism in this country and also, unfortunately, in our police system...not all of course, but even 1 racists police officer is too much bc of the fact they have guns and are to be respected by all of society.
edit on 22-7-2016 by veracity because: to add a fact

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What's your point?

That was just an irrelevant rant.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What's your point?

The point is your making snip up.

There was NOT one thing in Trumps speech that was remotely even 'fascist'.

Or the entire week of speakers.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

" His supporters ARE Right Wing authoritarian, ultra-nationalist fascists. "

How do you come to that Conclusion ? The Constitution of the United States of America Guarantee's that Authoritarian Fascism would Never be Tolerated Under the Law . If those you Believe are Sponsors of it , what makes you Think they could Ever be a Legitimate Threat to our Freedoms here ?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Maybe I deserved that. (The redundant post) Star for funniness, though.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: MotherMayEye

~~~insert emoticon with blank look and little finger in my mouth~~~

What the heII am I extreme about? I don't like either party and try to be fair about that amongst people who are extreme about only hating 'the other party' or their favorite candidate.

Geez.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

" His supporters ARE Right Wing authoritarian, ultra-nationalist fascists. "
I think that line was sent out to Hillary's Internet Troll Patrol, verbatim, in this morning's 'DNC Talking Points on Trump's Speech'.

Although...I can't imagine how 'introvert' got a hold of a copy.

edit on 22-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

sorry, I wasn't necessarily calling you an extremist but it is true...if you are an extremist then other extremists seem normal to you.

link   

How do you come to that Conclusion ?

I provided an explanation already.

The propaganda they use and blindly accept uses negative, hateful, ultra-nationalist rhetoric to demonize groups and individuals that become the focus of their outrage. And while doing so invoke the name of god to give the impression that their supremacy over these groups or people is divinely inspired.

As far as the Constitution, even though we have that great document, persecution has still occurred in this country.

link   

His supporters ARE Right Wing authoritarian, ultra-nationalist fascists.

That's actually against ATS TC.

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I haven't been paying attention to the thread or convention. I usually don't watch conventions anyway, but normally the nominee will talk about what their policies will be if elected president. Looking through news articles I haven't seen that anywhere so I am wondering what Trumps platform is supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

I believe you missed the point and I also believe you are trying to deflect attention on to the democrats.

The point is how the Right Wing engages in specific propaganda tactics to send their message and their message is obviously fascist in nature.

Trying to compare the Democrats to ISIS is just laughable hyperbole.

First off, I did not compare Dems to Isis, you are right that is hyperbole, but apparently you comparing Trump and all of his supporters to Nazis. I merely said that if we are going to blame rhetoric from one side for cusing violence, why do we not look at the fact that ISIS rhetoric sounds like Dem talking points.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of those claiming his rhetoric leads to violence, when there rhetoric could just as easily lead to violence. For a specific example, people like you and others claiming Trump and his supporters are Nazis as you are doing right here has led to innocent Trump supporters being attacked, and has led to at least one attempt on Trumps life. But thats ok when you do it right.

What are the specific propaganda techniques, and what message is fascist? People keep throwing that around, but they aren't giving any examples.

Is talking about law and order fascism? I am so tired of this. You call people facsists and Hitler's, yet people like you would have been how he was able to rise to power. You would have criticize anyone speaking out against the violence of Hitler. "How dare you nationalists in Poland complain about the violence from Hitler. Don't you know that complaining and stopping his violence is fascism!"

This whole thread the Trump haters have brought nothing to the table other than yelling he is a fascists without outlining why, saying he lied while ignoring every factual post that proves otherwise, and now even resorting to posting pictures of Trump with his hand up (something that Hllary and Obama can be shown to have done many times also) as proof that he is evil.

Now you label an entire political group as evil and fascists. Look, you already proved on the Benghazi mom thread how hypocritical you are when it comes to the republicans. Keep batting for your team, maybe you will get a nice prize at the end of the day!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What's your point?

The point is your making snip up.

There was NOT one thing in Trumps speech that was remotely even 'fascist'.

Or the entire week of speakers.

I admit his speech sounded good... but his lead up to the convention when he trashed women, minorities the disabled and John McCain to get his gang of devotees was troubling to me.

btw....I despise John McCains politics, but he was a POW and a hero...... Trump can't even shine his shoes.
edit on 22-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I admit his speech sounded good... but his lead up to the convention when he trashed women, minorities the disabled and John McCain to get his gang of devotees was troubling to me.

He did NO such thing,

Even the religious speakers did NO such thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

sorry, I wasn't necessarily calling you an extremist but it is true...if you are an extremist then other extremists seem normal to you.

The Trump campaign's PR was out ahead of launching his bid to circulate the word that Trump is "refreshingly honest and un-PC." He gave himself a license to say whatever he wanted to and alienate every minority voting bloc.

Effective PR trickery made him seem 'refreshing.' I wouldn't use the term 'normal.'
edit on 22-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join