It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Abandon Us?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: daskakik

You mean gods like zeus, shiva, or Osiris? Are they really gods, aren't they more fallen angels with different names? Having kids with humans... and even then Mary didn't have direct interiors with god, but with an angel. Nobody ever talked to god. The burning bush also was just in the spirit of god, not god himself, in person.
He has lesser beings to do that in his name. That's my point.
Imagine what that could mean. Angel stories god fiction, is alien history.
That's under no circumstances what I would call god. Maybe creators.
And god is the force.

Love this post..

I used to say, if you talked to God, then you didn't talk to God..
And then God talked to me, but not like that, but through a messenger and through my consciousness.

goes back to my first post about the "absence" of God..
Sounds more like the absence of Zeus or Vishnu or Jesus or Thor or angels, than the absence of God.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
And then God talked to me, but not like that, but through a messenger and through my consciousness.

Not seeing much of a difference. The brain wacks you with a hallucination or caresses you with an emotion (Peeples description of the message) it's still just the brain/body.

goes back to my first post about the "absence" of God.

To be honest that first post sounds like a weak excuse.

edit on 2-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a weak excuse for what?

for a "father" For a creative force? for what exactly?

I've never run into the head of Nintendo in Zelda Ocarina of Time, but my character was in his image... He was left handed made the character left handed.. So there were signs and avatars of him.. images too, but he wasn't in the game.. His spirit penetrated every aspect though including my mind..

I'm not speaking on "personalities"

I didn't post an excuse as I am here, I am not alone..

People get confused with words though.. If you are missing dad then yea he's not there, but then he never really was.. That creation force is within me. It's all over..

If our words don't match please refrain from responding too quick, as you might be responding to aliens 101 and I'm talking about spooky actions at a distance or some randomness...
edit on 2-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I don't believe you will ever get a true answer out of any human being on this planet.

I spent a majority of my childhood going to church, asking questions, searching for this GOD people speak of. But after each answer i was given I was still left wondering why. Well, just like when a child continuously asks why after why after why eventually you just give up and say "because i said so." In this case it was "because the Bible says so."

In other words, I'll just give you my opinion on the matter and hope it helps in your journey to understanding this place a little easier.

IF there is a God that is capable of abandoning us, one would certainly hope he did not, because that would just be depressing. I mean, there HAS to be a reason, right? If you're wondering about the God that is presented in the Bible, then no, he did not abandon us. He tried to give us this beautiful place and for some odd reason we took advantage of it. Therefore he laid down some laws and greatly explained the consequences of breaking those laws. Obviously, he is not the type to be messed with.

Now, I know you said you're leaning towards faith and I'm not sure how far you've leaned but in the Bible, in Revelation, he tells us that he WILL be back.

I feel like this is very confusing, and I'm very sorry, but I've been questioning this for as long as i can remember and I'm still majorly confused about it all. I don't want my confusion to interfere with your confusion.

So maybe i can just leave you with this, I don't know if this God will be back, the Bible says he will, so that's good. none of these people here, or anywhere for that matter KNOW if he's coming back. If they say they do they're lying to not only you, but themselves well. The best answer that anyone will ever be able to offer will have something to do with the word FAITH.

I guess MY answer to your question would be no one has the answer to it. Not even here. Only you can answer this question for YOURSELF.

a reply to: TheChuckster

edit on 2-8-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a weak excuse for what?

for a "father" For a creative force? for what exactly?

This:

God is "alive" and well.

you know that new guy at work he's just question question question question, and if you answer every question and never let him figure anything out for himself he will have questions every day.. He will not learn and will not think for himself. What a waste to create all of this and then answer questions all day and playing Genie to a bunch of things created in your image that will never grow up.

Seems to be a complete thought speaking on "personalities". Like the "personality" is choosing not to answer questions and play Genie.

I've never run into the head of Nintendo in Zelda Ocarina of Time, but my character was in his image...

Exactly but I'm sure you don't consider the head of Nintendo god.

I'm not speaking on "personalities"

Seems like the quote above, from your first post, could only be speaking on a personality which might find fielding questions daily unsavory.

People get confused with words though.. If you are missing dad then yea he's not there, but then he never really was.. That creation force is within me. It's all over.

Seems to be the case. So far, among others, we have:
Peeples saying that there is a force but not a creator.
MrBlaq saying that "dad" is here and always was and his message is in the bible
Ploutonas saying Zeus is or was here, along with others
You saying that there is a creative force but that it isn't dad although you did say that "God is "Alive" and well" which sounds like what others call "dad".

Also, the use of the phrase "demonic side of life" leads right into that context.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
We hide from Him....it is the human condition.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

ok let me say this as your confusion is in my words and I see where..

not condescending I mean this is hard for me to say right..

You think of a creator as a personality?

I look at it as more of a schizophrenic genius.. Maybe imagine a diamond with 99 trillion Trillion Trillion facets..

there is no outsider to look to.

the kingdom is within.

This is just me and my thoughts. other people confusing my deliberately confusing words is just something that must be. The answer isn't in the words, but the space between.. Like some mad koan.. "what is the sound of one hand clapping.." If you go to a sound you have god the father... If you go one hand can't make a sound you have god the force.. It's that space of not giving in to easy perceptions that the actual magic lies.. It's like those eye exercises you can do that try to make you balance both eyes as any normal focus point favors one or the other, but together a combined image appears..

Don't forget just my thoughts.. One facet on a rainbow bridge.. Is there an angle to an angel?

I dunno.

Your post was better than most at trying to communicate with me but your human bias still has a creator as a human being..
Or what is Earth's personality? Does she want Mars bad?? I'm imagining something with more angles..

Or have you ever made a thought outside of the dimension of time??
What would that be like?
how could your thought take place without any time passing..

Anyway your response was great
thank you

edit on 2-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

ok let me say this as your confusion is in my words and I see where.

Well, it isn't my confusion. I'm just pointing out that confusion is sure to ensue.

You think of a creator as a personality?

No, I'm saying that the word god is pretty much bound to some personality so, when you say that a neutral force is god then it attaches whatever the reader's idea of god is, usually a personality, to it.

This is just me and my thoughts. other people confusing my deliberately confusing words is just something that must be. The answer isn't in the words, but the space between.. Like some mad koan.. "what is the sound of one hand clapping.." If you go to a sound you have god the father... If you go one hand can't make a sound you have god the force.. It's that space of not giving in to easy perceptions that the actual magic lies.. It's like those eye exercises you can do that try to make you balance both eyes as any normal focus point favors one or the other, but together a combined image appears.

The someone says it's a schooner and Willam ends up loosing it (Mallrats for those wondering, WTF?).

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

ok your first two paragraphs..

think of what I mean by personality..
one perspective, looking from some area that has space and time.. Thinking human ego thoughts like love and mercy, Judgement and retribution..

the new science coming out on gut bacteria shows your ego food craving might be trillions of dudes voting in some consciousness democracy.. not because you want pancakes, but because someone else is living off glucose in your gut.

expand personality to mean that trillions of planets might "make up their mind" its not a guy sitting somewhere..
but its also not and never was a neutral force..

So again between these two ideas god the father, and neutral force.. That's my God.

So now that I have explained my God.. God never left.. Or I would not be talking.. Neither would you..
But if I allow a christian God definition as a guy, then he left but said hes coming back...
If I allow that God has no consciousness (not the same as not having personality), then there was no one there that could leave but that natural force is still there..

I'm speaking on something a little different.

That's as best I can do tonight.
I'll let others talk now if you respond I'll answer after some time. I won't be running from our pretty cool debate, but neither do I seek to control this topic based on my own ego.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So again between these two ideas god the father, and neutral force.. That's my God.

I see your confusion is that you think I am doing this. All I am saying is that others will read it and think "That is also my god" because he is the father and is a natural force although, their god is not what you are talking about.

So now that I have explained my God.. God never left.. Or I would not be talking.. Neither would you..
But if I allow a christian God definition as a guy, then he left but said hes coming back...

Well I'm sure some will focus on the fact that Jesus left but that the father is always here so, obviously, Yahweh is using you to tell the world that the christian god is the one true god because, of course, that is who they follow.

If I allow that God has no consciousness (not the same as not having personality), then there was no one there that could leave but that natural force is still there.

And that would not need clarification if the word god was avoided.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Maybe that's where the trinity comes from? The holy spirit, as the force, jesus, as god the person and the father, as Reverbs describes it?

Question is if there are two people with the exact description of god exist? Who is right? Is someone right? How could we ever know?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I see your confusion is that you think I am doing this. All I am saying is that others will read it and think "That is also my god"
Well I'm sure some will focus on the fact that Jesus left but that the father is always here so, obviously, Yahweh is using you to tell the world that the christian god is the one true god because, of course, that is who they follow.
And that would not need clarification if the word god was avoided.

So clearly the confusion is not from Reverbs and clearly the confusion isn't from you, so the confusion is rather what you project upon others, ie. the Christians.

The word god itself is English with it's roots in a pre-Christian Proto-Indo-European word which seems ambiguous.
This explanation is interesting:

A significant number of scholars have connected this root with the names of three related Germanic tribes: the Geats, the Goths and the Gutar. These names may be derived from an eponymous chieftain Gaut, who was subsequently deified.[citation needed] He also sometimes appears in early Medieval sagas as a name of Odin or one of his descendants, a former king of the Geats (Gaut(i)), an ancestor of the Gutar (Guti), of the Goths (Gothus) and of the royal line of Wessex (Geats) and as a previous hero of the Goths (Gapt). Some variant forms of the name Odin such as the Lombardic Godan may point in the direction that the Lombardic form actually comes from Proto-Germanic *ǥuđánaz. Wōdanaz or Wōđinaz is the reconstructed Proto-Germanic name of a god of Germanic paganism, known as Odin in Norse mythology, Wōden in Old English, Wodan or Wotan in Old High German and Godan in the Lombardic language. Godan was shortened to God over time and was adopted/retained by the Germanic peoples of the British isles as the name of their deity, in lieu of the Latin word Deus used by the Latin speaking Christian church, after conversion to Christianity.
God_(word)

God: definition:

When you drink beer, mead, or wine; God is that to/for which you pour some of your drink out, before placing the drinking horn to your own lips.

edit on 2-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

ETA

But the simplest definitions do not prevent human factionalism.

In the 16th Century, the Church of the Simple Libation split over the question:

"When drinking bottled beer, must a libation be poured for each bottle opened, or does the one libation from the first bottle count for the whole drinking session?"

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
so the confusion is rather what you project upon others, ie. the Christians.

It might be projecting but it might also be accurate.

Peeple came right in asking maybe that is where the christian trinity comes from.

The word god itself is English

The concept, I think I called it that in another post, also exists in other languages so while the etymology of the word in english might mean a specific thing, I don't think it is within the context of the topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Peeple came right in asking maybe that is where the christian trinity comes from.

Point taken.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

edit on 3-8-2016 by carlore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You'll love this!!
He's here, been here.
I can't get over all the codes in the Bible. I think it's been changed so much in order to hide the code. But as long as there's printed word on a page, doesn't matter what it says, the code has been hidden right in front of us. I think I'm the only one who's ever found it. And you just look at the writing, don't read. Its/so/#ing/easy/you'll/#/your/self🙈
The only thing is how you perceive the all, it, or him. Because no one has the slightest idea of what their in for.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Anothergraduate86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If God created this universe and put us here and then realized we were not following him and abandoned us... Wouldn't that mean that God failed by creating us? If he knows everything then he/she knew at the moment he/she created us what we would become, so that means he did it on purpose. And that means he is evil. The Demiurge might have created us thinking that he was doing right, but failed. That makes more sense because the Demiurge is not omnipotent.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join