It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Abandon Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Did God Abandon Us? Is a common question many religious folks ask themselves.

I'm no a religious man, but I am slowly leaning towards faith.
I wanted to test a theory of an interesting situation, it was roughly 11pm and the moon was full shining bright.
In my room I have a mirror and I decided to look at it for some reason and then out of nowhere I was almost pushed to turn off the light.
As the light went out the room was filled with the moonlight and I saw a reflection of myself in the mirror, I began to stare at it for a while then a surge passed through me.

I saw the half of myself which was illuminated by the light smirking, I had a feeling of almost being in a trance or a sleep. My eye was black and the reflection of me said to me "God doesn't want you, it abandoned you all". When I came to I was still in a bit of shock wondering as to what happened and what it meant.

If there is a God could this be true?
Are we all alone now?
Why would it abandon us?

So many questions are now on my mind

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
He has not abandoned us. We have abandoned everything natural He gave us for corrupted synthetic alternatives. It is not his fault we have to feel the consequences of this over time. But first, our understanding of what we think God is has to be reexamined. Then we understand, that our fate has always been in our hands. We share the same power as God, we just have to remember it (extract it from our genetic code).

Magic and Miracles = Technology through Science.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Who would go to the trouble of making a 4 dimensional universe, or holographic universe, or electric universe or 11 dimensional universe and then just leave it and not bother any more?

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:8
The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed.

Genesis 2:15
Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden tocultivate it and keep it.

Or in other words to serve and protect.

He didnt just make it and let it go, He put us here to look after it. Then something went wrong, very wrong. Then He did something to fix that wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
God's mom called him to dinner, afterwards he has to brush his teeth and go to bed.

Might be a while until we see him again.

*I said it before and I repeat myself, because I still think this is a valid thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The holy books of Earth contain actions that God will take in the future. So no.. God has not abandoned his Earth children. He has created life on millions of planets, on this plane alone. He wouldn't go through the trouble and then "abandon" them, any more than you'd abandon your own children.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster

God said dont rely on feelings
If He abandoned us He wouldn't have sent His Son and made the promises He made
It never occurred to me why we are called so often to have faith, till recently

Because its all so hard to believe and easy give up

www.startingwithgod.com...

Guess that all depends on your God

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
No. The God of this world is not 'God'. And nothing here is what it seems. If you feel the need to bow down to any God, you're going backwards, not forwards.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
No. I tend to believe the Universe functions along natural laws and we are a part of those laws. I don't believe God has a personal hand in micromanaging the affairs of man, except for its presence within us. I think the Universe is filled with many intelligent species and we are an experimental planet that doesn't follow the normal order of things. I just don't believe we are the shining example of intelligent life in the cosmos. If anything, we have abandoned god by not following its presence within us and striving for the highest ideals. The spirit is there, be we are not listening.
edit on 18-7-2016 by MrThortan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

We are alone in the physical world...

But there is more to life then meets the eye...

God is there...

edit on 18-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I find it intresting that your subconscious used "it" to describe God "God doesn't want you, it abandoned you all"

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

First: mirror + moonlight = black magic. You won't find god, or his associates there.
Second: god is no wishing well. Ask the Jews his chosen people and yet they have tons of rules to obey, get abused by us their fellow humans on regular basis and aren't exactly showered with luck in general.
If you're looking for god, you will find him, but he will ask lots of sacrifices and all you get in return is the faint promise you're doing it for communion.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't think we understand anything new, but to comprehend the old teachings of our youth, well, then God exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChuckster
Did God Abandon Us? Is a common question many religious folks ask themselves.

[QUOTE]
"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. " -- KJV, Genesis 6:3

"Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: " -- KJV, Proverbs 1:28

Jesus said, "Many times have you desired to hear these words which I am saying to you, and you have no one else to hear them from. There will be days when you will look for me and will not find me." -- The Gospel of Thomas #38
[END QUOTE]

Sometimes, God just stands aside and watches, to see what his creations do.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I always refer to God as an it, for it is not a man, nor women. It is the sum total of all things and none of us are certain what it is. This is not to take away the person hood of God, but more so the lack of human language to accurately define God in proper terms.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If the OP also refered to God as "it" that would seem to me that he was talking to himself, nothing strange happened.
edit on 18-7-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Ah I see. Late night posting

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrThortan
No disrespect ment, its an intresting post.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

careful with the mirror thing.
it's too much to explain, but I went through a lot of weirdness.

the demonic side of life definitely wants you to think "god is dead."

too many to name as I'm not into popular music but it pops up on my pandora stations. but many like all the main artists have at least one song where they hide the mirrors or break their mirrors or can't recognize themselves in the mirror or see the devil as their reflection.

I never cared about all of this until my intense strange weirdness time.

You have to battle your own demons.
you could say it in a way it's all psychology.
But I heard it said once and I agree "Myths are public dreams, and dreams are personal myths."
I take a more literal stance. Because of what happened to me.

I totally get the turning the lights off urge and the other things. I still won't go into it, but it's a funny thing when you don't know who is the one thinking. is it the observer you? your subconscious? your ego? which thought is which? IS this urge a demon thought? I'll go into it a little bit I guess. I had the urge to block off all sunlight and see if light was blocking my inner vision of some true inner light... I wonder was that my thought, or.... because the results were like I thought I could sense other light... but I don't think that was a "good" thing. Scary scary, and that part makes me know what a lot of other songs mean too. I don't know if I am back to being all me again or not..

the eminem song "not afraid" is probably the best one to relate to your situation. (reflections, black eyes, demons, overcoming)
Lil wayne "Mirror" is a good one to see a bit of the magic side, like someone was hinting at above.. (that video starts off showing his eye tattoos that read "fear god"

God is "alive" and well.

you know that new guy at work he's just question question question question, and if you answer every question and never let him figure anything out for himself he will have questions every day.. He will not learn and will not think for himself. What a waste to create all of this and then answer questions all day and playing Genie to a bunch of things created in your image that will never grow up..

makes sense to me.

edit on 18-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You? Maybe...

Me on the otherhand? Apparently not. We've been playing Backgammon waiting for the next batch of Martini's to chill to just the right temperature.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChuckster
Did God Abandon Us?

If there is a God could this be true?

Are we all alone now?

Why would it abandon us?

So many questions are now on my mind

God abandoned us when he put hundreds of different types of people that would would never learn how to peacefully co-exist, on a planet that we would never know how to take care of properly for the sake of keeping it healthy.

Take an eagle's eye view of the world......see it how God would.....and you'll see it for what it is.

Now, come back down here and see what it is you do on a daily basis.......working, shopping, sexing, vacationing, raising your kids.......your scope......your view of world is very limited now, yet it's a very good view when you have a good life. The view sucks when you don't have a good life. Things get subjective, muddy in view and FUBAR really quick when you only look at things through YOUR perspective only.

This happens o a worldwide stage everyday. All these different cultures, societies, countries, cities and people acting in accordance with their own personal, and limited in scope, viewpoints. While seldom thinking how those actions will affect other people on the planet. People who may be different, but whom we share the same planet with.

If we had God in our lives en masse, on a worldwide scale without the divisiveness of regional religions getting in our way and keeping us at odds with each other, we wouldn't have wars, famine and everything else that keeps us divided and keeps us from being proper stewards of the planet. Our priorities are all screwed up.

When you think of God a something that is above and different than us, then yes, he abandoned us. It's either that, or the belief that all this hardship is a "character building experience". But if you think of God as something that is in all of us and connects us all if we just let it, then you'll see how a select few of us keep that from happening, and how the rest of us sit back and let it happen. You'll see how we are abandoning ourselves by not living up to our full potential.

But I guess it's easier to blame "God", to find a scapegoat, than it is to turn the mirror on ourselves by the light of the moon, isn't it Chuckster?

There, that's my "Deep" contribution for the year. Hope I made an "Impact".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join