It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a Believer, But Jesus was a Great Teacher

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KrishnaTheGreat

Jesus was sharing the message of non duality.... the Father and Son are One..... I and the father are one.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

'I am the way, the truth and the life'

I am is present tense.

So 'I am' is what is occuring presently..... it is what it is and could be no different.
What is happening gets overlooked/denied because there is a belief in 'me in time'......and that 'me in time' does not exist because only what is happening presently is existing.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It Is Pronounced In Spanish: Esos Cree Esto [Der. Fr. Jesus Christo]

Eng. Trans.: Those Believe This...

Consequently: You Have A Dilemma...

For More Info... Consult The Father, And The Son, And The Holy Spirit About What To Believe. Do It Quick Because "Those Believe This" More Than You Know!

ETA: Courtesy Of The Order Of The Jesters: "Many Things Indeed Are Funny; So Be Glad And Rejoice."

FYI: Devil In The Details

edit on 14-5-2019 by Pinocchio because: Sometimes, I Fart Too....

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
All religions seem to have the same idea, treat yourself and the world with kindness and care
There appears to be a universal truth to things
And all of these 'opposing' ideologies point to it, albeit from different points and places of view

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Jesus has a lot of Greek mythology tied on to him such as being Zues. The pagans would be down with Jesus in prayer.

Zues was the son,
Jesus was the son

Jesus died and resurrected, so did Zues.

Pagans pray in the name of Jesus, they believe him as Jesus with Zues as his original name.

How surprising the Greeks converted to Christianity.

Is it wrong to believe in Jesus Christ? No he was a savior to Catholics, and the original pagans.

The Hebrews and islam never believed God has genitalia. God peeing in the woods dieing and resurrecting for salvation? No only the pagans believed this.

The hebrew prophets condemned the Babylonian god Tammuz who was hailed as the only begotten son of the god born of a virgin birth His mother was a virgin, by the name and Tammuz was a shephard who attended the flock. Sacred time of his "passion in Jerusalem", he "wore a 'crown of thorns' made of myrrh. The only-begotten Son who was a Healer, Savior, Heavenly Shepherd, and Anointed One.

This could be why the Hebrews rebuke Tammuz worship.

I don't condemn Christ or even Christianity. You believe in zues by saying Jesus even if you don't acknowledge him.

Iesus can actually be seen in the Original King James Bible. The name Iesus itself is a modernized and westernized version of Iesous, which literally translates to Hail Zeus.

Enjoy your belief in Jesus. Who is really going to heaven with eternal life? Do you really know Jesus?

edit on 29-9-2019 by Kinghonor1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello to everyone on this post! I am a former Christian, but I am still very much a believer in the scriptures. I study the Paleo Hebrew language and honestly if had not been for the fact that when you pronounce the 22 letters the Aleph-bet that it says “The WORD made flesh “ I would not have believed it. And his Hebrew name is Yehusha! I honestly cannot explain rationally how they got Jesus out of it, considering the English translation of his Hebrew name is actually Joshua. a reply to: pthena

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kinghonor1
Jesus has a lot of Greek mythology tied on to him such as being Zues. The pagans would be down with Jesus in prayer.

Zues was the son,
Jesus was the son

Jesus died and resurrected, so did Zues.

Pagans pray in the name of Jesus, they believe him as Jesus with Zues as his original name.

How surprising the Greeks converted to Christianity.

Is it wrong to believe in Jesus Christ? No he was a savior to Catholics, and the original pagans.

The Hebrews and islam never believed God has genitalia. God peeing in the woods dieing and resurrecting for salvation? No only the pagans believed this.

The hebrew prophets condemned the Babylonian god Tammuz who was hailed as the only begotten son of the god born of a virgin birth His mother was a virgin, by the name and Tammuz was a shephard who attended the flock. Sacred time of his "passion in Jerusalem", he "wore a 'crown of thorns' made of myrrh. The only-begotten Son who was a Healer, Savior, Heavenly Shepherd, and Anointed One.

This could be why the Hebrews rebuke Tammuz worship.

I don't condemn Christ or even Christianity. You believe in zues by saying Jesus even if you don't acknowledge him.

Iesus can actually be seen in the Original King James Bible. The name Iesus itself is a modernized and westernized version of Iesous, which literally translates to Hail Zeus.

Enjoy your belief in Jesus. Who is really going to heaven with eternal life? Do you really know Jesus?

Yep. The story of Jesus has been told many times before. But this could also be people adding on from other oral traditions or adopting them. For example Christmas and Easter were pagan festivals before they were christian, christianity adopted them.

It's like the story of King Arthur in Britain, he definitely did exist. But people believe the confusion of when he was alive stems from there being two King Arthurs and not just one.

However, it's interesting that the Jewish Talmud talk about the life and times of Jesus. Even if they do not believe in him.

How do you explain that, if Jesus was Zues?

Maybe this question should be put forward in an other thread, but what material is available about the life of Jesus other than the Talmud and New Testament?

I'm Agnostic btw.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

I had totally forgotten about this thread. As I think back on it I'm pretty sure that my idea was that it is maybe OK to disagree with Jesus quotes when they don't make sense.

As far as Zeus goes, compare the Uranus-Cronos-Zeus cycle of the Greeks with the Hurrian Teshub.

The Hurrian myth of Teshub's origin—he was conceived when the god Kumarbi bit off and swallowed his father Anu's genitals, similarly to the Greek story of Uranus, Cronus, and Zeus,
Teshub

In both, Cronos and Kumarbi are considered as evil and cast down. Uranus and Anu are like pre-gods titans, still existing as Father Sky. The Son figure becomes Storm God rather than Sky.

In the Christian scheme the Son is born of a woman, rather than being born of a male God(Kumarbi) who ate the genitals of his father.

In a way, Christianity is just a bit more palatable, if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

A healthy person does not need a doctor.

The unbeliever needs Jesus

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Why does anyone need Jesus?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I don't need anyone to need Jesus.

Live and let live.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

A healthy person does not need a doctor.

The unbeliever needs Jesus

Why do unbelievers need Jesus?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Jesus said so.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Jesus said so.

What does believing in Jesus do?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

It makes you believe the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
What is true does not need to be believed.

Belief is actually indoctrination.

Santa Claus was believed to be true......until one finds that it was a lie.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I figure lies need to be believed.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I figure lies need to be believed.

😍

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Did I do something wrong?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Santa Claus was believed to be true......until one finds that it was a lie.

I believe in Santa Claus.

That statement, by itself means nothing to anyone.

Santa Claus, undefined, is nothing.

The thought arose that I have seen many Christmas movies, so many that I cannot connect the images to the titles.

Stubby Pringle's Christmas (1978)

One of my all time favorite Christmas movies. I fortunately remembered the title, because I've seen it many times.

I believe that Stubby Pringles is Santa Claus.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join