It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a Believer, But Jesus was a Great Teacher

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ZoeEleutheria

"Do not believe them." Out of context and in context it is pure wisdom.

I like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: musicismagic

what was his real name?

Not quite sure, something Greek that sounds kind of like Spanish Jesus, or something Aramaic like Yeshua. Or maybe something else or maybe fictitious character.

When the Jews say His Name in Hebrew they say "Yeshu". Not sure if the "a" at the end is assumed/silent, or if it's like a nickname. So I dunno.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Besides all that . . . Paul was taught personally by Christ Himself &/or Christ's Holy Spirit the 3 years in the wilderness.

But Paul never even met Jesus, Bo! And Lee Strobel is not a historian.....
we've had this exchange before, even if you don't recall - I encouraged you to look outside of Lee Strobel's assertions. They just aren't true.

I hope you will at least entertain that suggestion and do some "debunking research" of your own to prove it to yourself. But even if you don't, I can tell that you are a kind and well-meaning person. I simply hope that you stretch beyond your comfort zone to explore whether or not your ideas are reasonably challenged.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Now that I've got you here:

I think he survived and went back to where he'd been during his youth: India. He was trained as a Buddhist. He survived the crucifixion, with the aid of his friends and the centurion and Pilate as well - and left. Disappeared. Became a fugitive.

Would you say then that the wisdom of Jesus was acquired through Buddhism? Do you have a favorite quote or anecdote that demonstrates his superior wisdom?

ETA

Take your time. I'm going to nap now.
edit on 20-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thanks for your kindly toned response.

I used to pour over a lot of contrary research for some years.

NONE of it ever amounted to a gnat's fart's worth of substance, imho.

I have yet to see anything similar in recent years that did, either.

I understand that others disagree.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

a gnat's fart's worth

LOL!!!!! A gnat's fart's worth!!!

(Aside: Do gnats fart???)

That is so funny. Thanks, man. I'm happy to know you, truly. We have much to offer one another. It's nice to have a debate partner who isn't hateful.

Mr Wigs says "if brain cells were gasoline, dude couldn't drive a piss-ant's go-cart around a cheerio."

Kinda on the same level, right?????

edit on 7/20/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

An oldie but goody:

Your brain is so small
that if it were put
in the scull of an ant,
it would bounce around
like a BB in a boxcar.

edit on 20-7-2016 by pthena because: syntax

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Would you say then that the wisdom of Jesus was acquired through Buddhism?

Yes, I would say that, and I did say that. And I believe that he was privy to that sort of philosophy.....

Do you have a favorite quote or anecdote that demonstrates his superior wisdom?

The Golden Rule.

Truly, that's really all that matters imo.

edit on 7/20/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Sorry to cause you to repeat yourself.

I'm sort of thinking now that the thread has run its course. Felt good to laugh.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

ack....sorry if I repeated myself. Although doing that is a good indication of my commitment to the idea...right???

Have a great night and weekend.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Have a great night and weekend.

Weekend? I thought it was Wednesday? What calendar are you on?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

LOL!!! Sorry - tomorrow at dawn I leave here to go see my daughter....and won't be back home until Monday....
If I can figure out my phone or whatever, I'll try to check in....but otherwise, yeah - I'm out until Monday night.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I used to pour over a lot of contrary research for some years.

NONE of it ever amounted to a gnat's fart's worth of substance, imho.

It's a matter of what a person is looking for.
When they like what they have, they look to keep it.
If they feel trapped in what doesn't feel good or right to them,
then they look for an out.

What people look for hard enough, they find.

"Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened for you."
Sometimes the door is the exit rather than the entrance.
edit on 20-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

LOLOLOL.

Loved the other metaphors. Cheer's to hubby's.

Happy visit.

Yeah, I enjoy healthy dialogue, as well, 'even with' folks who strongly disagree with me but who can be civil, if not respectful.

Safe travels.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I think that's generally true.

In my case, I have had a fairly persistent life-long habit of at least doing a fairly reasonable "cover the water front" survey of the more credible alternate sides of issues I was interested in.

And, sometimes I wanted to find the better arguments on the other side just to have some mental muscle flexing bouts in response. I repeatedly was almost annoyed that there was such aero-gel worth of substance on the other side.

I repeatedly thought to myself . . . "Is that all they've got! Sheesh, what shallow, stupid, ignorant stuff." . . . proffered as the most erudite, lofty, scholarly etc. bunch of stuff that, to my mind, was embarrassingly the opposite.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I have also come across information that seems to say that Plutarch is Luke, he left clues in his work on Pyrrhus (odd mention of a Pyrrhus by Luke was even temporarily edited out) and the Fool of Hope that seems to also say that this story of Saul/Paul is b.s.

I can't take credit for this though, the Nazarene way website is where I got it from and they also are into Philo.

Great pro Yeshua anti Pauline website.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Luke seems pro Paul at first, but it is as if he deliberately left clues saying that this Paul is not a good guy and hid them in a seemingly pro Paul story.

But without Luke we lose much of the evidence of the Pauline deception like at the so called Jerusalem council and his adversarial position towards the Apostles.

Luke seems to be telling the story of the Roman takeover of the Way and calling itself the true church of Christ even though it is the opposite of everything taught in the Gospels.

People just don't usually read the whole New Testament like you read a book and never pick up on it. I don't think Luke liked Paul at all and was just doing a job but left clues for future generations to figure it out.

And it worked.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Jesus was lucifer. Lucifer is the devil. Says he's three with God. How art thou fallen morning star you said I will be like the most high.
edit on 5-10-2016 by AndyGstuart because: Edit because better answer

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wish jesus was more specific about judging... I get the dont judge life part. What I dont get is not being able to judge things that arent living, or are spirits and demons and monsters still living in a way, and you shouldnt judge those things aswell?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join