It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Absolutely Wrong': Bill Nye the Science Guy Takes on Noah's Ark Exhibit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Unless one wants to argue Noah's Ark was a DNA bank, there should be little discussion about it in modern times unless discussed in the same way mythology and fairy tales are discussed.
edit on 17-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sorry

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Listen to the debate. It's not like they'd never met before.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I take issue with the presence of dinosaur animatronics on board a vessel, meant to be a replica of a Biblical craft. It is improper in period.

Clearly the evolution of the servo motor did not come until thousands upon thousands of years after the Ark first had water against its hull!

In all seriousness though, I am a Christian, and a person who enthuses over feats of technology and engineering, from the traditional artisan blacksmiths and their craft, to the staggering feats of architectural design, and technological advancements that have bought us manned space flight, images of the deepest of deep space, and a whole heap of other amazing things, not least of which is this World Wide Web we are all on right now.

However, one thing that has always driven me absolutely berserk is historical inaccuracy. If an exhibit is supposed to show the Dark Ages, I do not want to see a Henry the Eighth era set of armour, or a sword not wielded since the Vikings first arrived. I want to see things that ONLY existed in the Dark Ages. I want the exhibit to be lit by fire, not by incandescent lights.

Going on board an Ark replica, and seeing dinosaurs would make me straight up lose my rag.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

When my daughter was three, I had to explain about why it was okay for her to be away from home for Christmas Eve, about how her presents wouldn't be there until the day after Christmas anyway.....so she didn't have to worry about it...... Santa sent her a letter, with glitter and everything - that said "I hope you don't mind but I can't get to every house in one night - so, is it okay with you if I come to your house there on the night of Christmas, instead of Christmas Eve?"

She cheerfully said, "Well of course!"
edit on 7/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Personally I think Mr. Ham is a brilliant business man that is following HL Menckens quote to a T. 'No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public"

I'm sending him an email to see if I can start a "laying on of hands" clinic franchise on his property. And/or a restaurant featuring "manna" burgers and shakes.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

hardy har har

Mencken also said:

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, might be happy.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If an exhibit is supposed to show the Dark Ages, I do not want to see a Henry the Eighth era set of armour, or a sword not wielded since the Vikings first arrived. I want to see things that ONLY existed in the Dark Ages. I want the exhibit to be lit by fire, not by incandescent lights.

Going on board an Ark replica, and seeing dinosaurs would make me straight up lose my rag.

Right?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Listen to the debate. It's not like they'd never met before.

I'd still be your friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

what?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Klassified

Yes...and, I was also told that the moon was the actual ark. That's a really high mountain top!

Interesting you would mention that. There's a thread here somewhere about that, probably more than one. It also brought to mind this from 2004...

The complexity of life took billions of years to push and stretch and reshape the biological niche that is Earth. It would seem prudent - if one had the means - to save some portion of the blueprints of this majesty, so that the process would not have to start over from scratch in the event of a global cataclysm.

Morbid, for sure, yet still prudent. But where to put this valuable backup so that it is both safe and handy? And what form should it take?

Last week the head of Europe's lunar missions said a DNA library might belong on the Moon.

"It would act as a mini Noah's Ark for repopulating the Earth after a catastrophe," explained Bernard Foing, chief scientist with the European Space Agency, in a telephone interview with SPACE.com. "It would be a second chance."

Link

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You also have a sense of humor :-)

I'm not religious, so - being a smart ass is often an obvious first choice. Pardon my weakness

I always wonder why for some science is not the enemy of faith - it's easily compatible with their faith. Trying to understand natures is - natural

For others science is pure evil

This thread is probably big enough for a real discussion I figure

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

loaves and fishes taco's,

Perhaps a nice wine bar....

Ecclesiastes 9:7 Go then, eat your bread in happiness and drink your wine with a cheerful heart; for God has already approved your works.

BBQ

Ezekiel 24:10 "Heap on the wood, kindle the fire, Boil the flesh well And mix in the spices, And let the bones be burned.

With a little venture capital and a SBA loan...we could give Chic fil A...a run for their money.
edit on 17-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What do you think about it? I think it's awful.

I think Bill Nye is a God-hating, anti-religion bigot.

This is a great boon to the local economy and is a family friendly place for parents to take their kids without being inundated with sex, drugs and other sick things society seems to consider 'normal'.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

wow. raw hatred there.

a family friendly place for parents to take their kids without being inundated with sex, drugs and other sick things society seems to consider 'normal'.

Family Friendly, is it???

Indoctrination of little kids into totally false narratives of what has happened in our collective past is "Family Friendly"?

No. It is not "friendly". Neither is it 'normal' nor okay.

Forty dollars a head to be told a bunch of lies. Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well put!

I am of the belief that a better understanding of life, this planet, the others in our solar system, and the wider universe, is entirely compatible with my faith. What greater glory can one do the creator of all things, than bear witness to as many expressions of His genius as one possibly can? And what better tool have we for bearing witness, than a mind who's capacity for wonder is only matched by its capacity for critical discernment?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
so all humans are descendants of noahs incestuous family ?

gross

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Metallicus

wow. raw hatred there.

I agree with you that Bill Nye is full of hate and vitriol.
edit on 2016/7/17 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

link   
This is one place where I wouldn't spend my money, but I wouldn't go to 6 Flags or Disney either.

But people should be free to spend as they see fit.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps a nice wine bar....

"Bottled water to wine bar".....

edit on 17-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join