It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Absolutely Wrong': Bill Nye the Science Guy Takes on Noah's Ark Exhibit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I always wondered where they stored all the food to last that many animals at least 40 days.
For instance, an adult lion eats between 11-15 pounds of meat a day,multiply that by 40 days
( it rain for 40 days,although the animals were on the ark longer than 40 days because noah had to wait for the water to subside before he could let the animals off the ark)
and that equals a minimum of 440 pounds of meat for just 1 lion. multiply that 440 pounds times the number of meat eating animals on the ark and we are talking tons and tons of just meat.
Then there had to be thousands of tons of vegetation for the non meat eaters to eat. Noah would have needed 4 arks just to carry all the food for all those animals.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A long time ago, I took an anatomy class.

The professor would go over the bones in the body and we had actual skeletons to examine.

One of the exercises he had people do was count the ribs on both the skeletons. He did this because many young Christians believed that the male skeleton would have one less rib(God created Eve from Adams rib).

Think how much these children will have to unlearn because some people want to interpret the Bible so exactly

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

The professor would go over the bones in the body and we had actual skeletons to examine.

One of the exercises he had people do was count the ribs on both the skeletons. He did this because many young Christians believed that the male skeleton would have one less rib(God created Eve from Adams rib).

Think how much these children will have to unlearn because some people want to interpret the Bible so exactly

did this professor also examine the ratios of shoulder to elbow and elbow to wrist? or hip to knee and knee to ankle? or the knuckles of each finger? did he notice any patterns? fascinating stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: SaturnFX

But as it stands, just looks like a bunch of greedy corporates banking off the superstition of local morons, and enforcing nonsense.

And the local government is complicit........
sad.

Just sad.

What could they do about it anyhow even if they wanted to? it brings in tourist $. government = politicians. politicians speaking out on the local religious superstitions wont be a politician for long.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

Whaaa?
Are you.....
are you suggesting the devil put the missing rib back into man in order to confuse us and make it seem like those devil worshipping scientists are correct?!!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

What could they do about it anyhow even if they wanted to?

Not subsidize it, and not give tax breaks to it.

Don't speak out? well, that's the attitude that keeps some regions of this country really really really behind the times.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Is this supposed to be an implication of design because of the golden ration that is observed?
edit on thSun, 17 Jul 2016 21:10:55 -0500America/Chicago720165580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Its funny you mention that. I remember one of my teachers having us do an experiment.

She had us put a chair against a wall, then we each stood in front of the chair, bent at the waist and put our head on the wall.

We would then pick up the chair and try to stand up straight. None of the boys could do it, but all of the girls could. Since the rib thing is untrue, can you provide a better explanation?

I always wondered about that.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Nye said that while he appreciated some of the craftsmanship details that went into building the boat, which was the handiwork of Amish laborers, something else behind the scenes has troubled him.

He takes issue with a tax break that the commonwealth of Kentucky provided to the Ark Encounter — built at a cost of $102 million. Despite opposition in 2014 by former state officials, a federal judge earlier this year ruled that the Ark could take advantage of a state sales tax rebate worth as much as 25 percent of the investment.

Boo. Churches and their amusement parks should be paying the same taxes as Six Flags or any other amusement park.
I have to wonder if the Amish were aware of the finagling going on.....

surprising that they would do the labor if they had objections to it.
if churches are making amusement parks for prophet, yeah why not tax them? As long as the tax money goes to a worthy cause like hungry folks in America and elsewhere, like war torn land area's.
It would interesting to speak to an Amish person on how they feel about their services in different branch of Christianity... being used as an amusement.... they can be pretty serious about making... A mockery of Christ or God... but ilk not quite sure what the park is all about...dinasours on the ark?
Great thread, B.Wings.
Sorry I'm. A bit out of it and tired.
Thanks for the great OP!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So was the arc big enough to house all of the animals it was supposed to or not?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
So was the arc big enough to house all of the animals it was supposed to or not?

Well the problem is, the original ark also utilized time lord technology...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
People should be free to spend their money as they see fit but the whole tax free thing is the issue.

Then again, the US still allows Scientology to maintain its religious status and be tax exempt. What a joke!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
And it came to pass that there was this great flood in Kentucky, due to a breaching inland sea... and the boat floated out into the world to become discovered 100 thousand years later on the top of Mount Fuji.... and from then on, it was taught in science books that dinosaurs and man lived together.....

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Bone75

Well the problem is, the original ark also utilized time lord technology...

Funny, but that doesn't answer my question.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No it wasn't.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
People should be free to spend their money as they see fit but the whole tax free thing is the issue.

Then again, the US still allows Scientology to maintain its religious status and be tax exempt. What a joke!

And they allow politicians to..The whole system is a joke

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I always wondered where they stored all the food to last that many animals at least 40 days.
For instance, an adult lion eats between 11-15 pounds of meat a day,multiply that by 40 days
( it rain for 40 days,although the animals were on the ark longer than 40 days because noah had to wait for the water to subside before he could let the animals off the ark)
and that equals a minimum of 440 pounds of meat for just 1 lion. multiply that 440 pounds times the number of meat eating animals on the ark and we are talking tons and tons of just meat.
Then there had to be thousands of tons of vegetation for the non meat eaters to eat. Noah would have needed 4 arks just to carry all the food for all those animals.

Maybe, just maybe, just
Noah was wiser than you and took little baby lions

Common sense goes begging

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

No it wasn't.

Do you have a source or did you just pull that out of your butt? This is the main thing I would've expected Bill Nye to address.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Bill Nye is schill......those trees grow on the edges of cliffs and weent submerged for long, the flood was global displacement wave which happened when WE DIPPED OURSELVES into the Ocean and then leveled back out so this is a fast action and fast as in hours.Ask Bill the schill where all the other 9000 year old trees are?lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Amusement park.

I went to one and it had a ghost train and a haunted house.

How can we expect kids to learn science if there's a ghost train and haunted house?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join