It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting heard in Ankara, military jets & helicopters flying over city

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What would this mean for the NATO-members in Europe?
Greece nad Bulgaria have a common border with Turkey.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Of course not, it's only the beginning.

I don't believe, like some, that Erdogan orchestrated this himself, but failed coups give you an amazing opportunity to purge those who don't support you. The Military has been at odds with Erdogan for a while now, and this finally gives him an opportunity to get rid of prominent high-ranking officers who aren't fans of Erdogan but had no connection to the coup.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: roswell1987

What would this mean for the NATO-members in Europe?
Greece nad Bulgaria have a common border with Turkey.

Good question..

If a NATO member attacks another country article V does not apply. If a NATO member is attacked it can invoke article V. My guess would be nothing will happen military wise.

Incirlik airbase has been locked down. Thats the home base for the airstrikes taking place in Syria / Iraq and includes foreign military assets.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Well if Turkey uses a post ex facto death penalty and is intent on gutting the military they very well may remove him.

There is still fighting in Ankara.
Turkey is demanding Greece return the soldiers who requested asylum.
MORE: Turkish media report that pro-coup elements of the military have taken over a Frigate at Gölcük naval base.
edit on 16-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There are reports now of beheaded soldiers by angry lynch mobs (warning: graphic):
twitter.com...

And reports of a naval base being taken over:
twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The angry mobs beheading the soldiers means the pro-coup people are going to fight to the death. Why surrender just to be decapitated. This has become a far more bloody affair.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I see the attempted coup is still going strong, even though the media in my region are reporting as if it's over...I'm glad it's not...

Can anyone give me some new crucial updates about whats going on?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
NATO Take Ukraine by Coup....nearly cuts of Russia naval supply to Mediterranean.
Nice move.....
Russia convinces Army to throw Coup in Turkey in name of Russia, NATO loses largest army and nukes. Very good move...
NATO TURN.....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Pro-regime forces are rounding up people suspected of being involved with or supporting the coup.

Erdogan's supporters are brutalising soldiers and beheading them.

Revolutionary forces have apparently taken over a navy frigate and captured a Turkish fleet commander

fighting is still ongoing in Ankara.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I see the attempted coup is still going strong, even though the media in my region are reporting as if it's over...I'm glad it's not...

Can anyone give me some new crucial updates about whats going on?

Fighting in Ankara still.
160 +/- killed (civilians and military).
Erdogan says other uprisings could occur and the people should be vigilant.
Almost 3000 military members have been arrested across the nation.
The government wants the death penalty reinstated.
Coup members have seized a naval frigate and apparently have taken hostage the head of the fleet.
Civilian airlines have cancelled all flights.
Incirlik airbase is locked down.
No fly still in the NW part of the country.

35 colonels / 5 generals arrested thus far.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: REalBEL
NATO Take Ukraine by Coup....nearly cuts of Russia naval supply to Mediterranean.
Nice move.....
Russia convinces Army to throw Coup in Turkey in name of Russia, NATO loses largest army and nukes. Very good move...
NATO TURN.....

what in the hell are you talking about?
Secondly Turkey has no nukes. They are US nukes and the US controls the codes for them.

Also if Russia is behind the coup you realize that would be an act of war on a NATO member. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Okay, thanks guys!

Honestly, I thought it's going to be over sooner, I am just glad those brave soldiers are still going strong.

3000 military members? Didn't they say yesterday that only 104 soldiers were involved...3000 is a huge number, i guess many of those people had nothing to do with the coup, but will still be removed, because DOG wants so.

Is it true that Turkish PM is being held in the US?

link   
from RT -
A military coup attempt in Turkey was allegedly led by the ex-commander of the Turkish Air Force, Ahaber media reported.

link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Erdogan's supporters are brutalising soldiers and beheading them.

ISIS' roe?

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Is it true that Turkish PM is being held in the US?

No

Something else I noticed. A LOT of countries waited to see the outcome before they announced support for Erdogans government.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I've seen a number of references (here) to a possible false flag staged by Ergodan in an effort to seize more power / consolidate power. I have my sincere doubts about this theory.

Who would ever volunteer to carry out such an exercise...when the reward would be imprisonment / death?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I've seen a number of references (here) to a possible false flag staged by Ergodan in an effort to seize more power / consolidate power. I have my sincere doubts about this theory.

Who would ever volunteer to carry out such an exercise...when the reward would be imprisonment / death?

Thats assuming those members were in the know.

Apparently the coup plotters didnt watch the movie Valkyrie. Securing communications should have been a priority.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

And you can bet your britches there are some select politicians and elite in the US who will do the EXACT same thing!

Hmmmmm....

I wonder why????? [/extreme sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Only the high ranking officials would know about it, while the soldiers would just be following orders, willingly...so,it's not that hard to imagine. I mean those arrested might not be part of the attempted coup for all we know...

@Xcathdra

Didn't the major ones( including the US, Germany and Russia) immediately called for all parties to calm down and to respect the legally elected government?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Oh they certainly tried. But this is the 21st century, any idiot with a mobile phone can communicate to the entire world, like a deposed President facetiming a news station from an airplane toilet

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join