It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting heard in Ankara, military jets & helicopters flying over city

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So the last known secular country in the Muslim world will end i[ being an Islamist hellhole...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I suppose the Stalin purges are next

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
So the last known secular country in the Muslim world will end i[ being an Islamist hellhole...

Thats just one reason the coup military cited for their actions.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I think any overly aggressive actions taken towards the military would be a disaster for Erdogan.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Military (coup) has released why they were doing this:
* - Erdogans increased authoritarian rule.
* - The move by Erdogan towards non secular government.
* - Policies toward Syria and their results.
* - Increased terrorism based on Erdogans policies.
* - clamp down on freedom of speech.
* - Erdogans attempt t concentrate power in the office of President, which is ceremonial.

The sad part here, is I feel like all their grievances are accurate. But, they moved without solidifying public and broader military support, and consequently have given Erdogan free-reign to do whatever he wants.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Military coup has announced bridges over bosphorus are once again closed. Flights are cancelled. Increase in weapons exchange in Istanbul and Ankara. The straights have been shut down.

The fact the military coup are still issuing press releases seems to contradict Edrogan's statements.

The other thing, aside from them announcing a helicopter was shot down, is the lack of military news coverage. All I see is them reporting on paramilitary / police forces being used to engage the coup groups and not the military.
edit on 16-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So the last known secular country in the Muslim world will end [...] being an Islamist hellhole...

Yep, you nailed-it - but with a Putin-esque slant to it.
edit on 2016-7-16 by EnhancedInterrogator because: fumatten, spelling and gammer.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I see from Erdogan's news conference that SkyLink was just re-playing, that Erdogan is already saying there are more people involved in this than just those in the military, in other agencies, etc.

Sounds like he is warming-up for a general purge.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Again ? Can you give me the source please ?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Again ? Can you give me the source please ?

Skynews live feed

Missing military head has been "rescued".

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

I am speaking to my mates family in the morning.
Pretty sure UK sent out helplines, will know when I get up.
Also some are saying 1st flight they bored was cancelled due to a fault, 2nd flight atempt was cancelled and maybe they are asleep in a Glasgow hotel? No news is good news for now

TA m8

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: stumason

But it's been reported that Erdogan purged the military months before.

Going to be worse if he 'wins'.

The Turkish people lose.

But they will stand up and die trying to reclaim their way of live.
Turkish people don't mess around, civil war must be a real possibility now

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I tell you what - this was staged by Erdogan. I have a turkish friend in my team and he got a call from his friend and the first thing he told me was that this looks like a staged event ... that was about 15min into the events and his notion was that if Erdogan is not arrested within the next 10min - this will all fail.

The result is that Erdogan has now the ultimate power and the whole public aligned with him ...

and why do we (US) support this guy?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

He supports the people the US can't publicly be seen to support.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: khnum

I think any overly aggressive actions taken towards the military would be a disaster for Erdogan.

True but Erdogan is arrogant and believes he has enough support behind him. Then there will be the factions on the borders each adding to the mix. I suspect a lot more violence to come.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So who are the Bad guys? I'm behind on this.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I tell you what - this was staged by Erdogan. I have a turkish friend in my team and he got a call from his friend and the first thing he told me was that this looks like a staged event ... that was about 15min into the events and his notion was that if Erdogan is not arrested within the next 10min - this will all fail.

The result is that Erdogan has now the ultimate power and the whole public aligned with him ...

pretty much what i'm hearing from turkish contacts, erdogan ends up with total power, (apparent) public support and can now push through his rather dodgy ideas.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Erdogan will likely try and declare himself Sultan or something along those lines now. Rumors are that 100+ Soldiers have been shot and the Turkish Government are to reimpose the death sentence for those involved in the Coup. Within a month or so we will likely see the Turkish military (With it's new sycophant officers installed) being sent into Kurdistan and then parts of Syria in a territory grab that is claimed to be acting against ISIS but which funnily enough will involve shooting at very few of them..

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: roswell1987

I dont know much about Turkey's politics.

He was democratically elected?

Why are people saying he's a bad guy?

He was as "democratically" elected as Bush and Obama where. Most people in turkey want to see him go and rightfully so. Erdogan has only been protecting and aiding ISIS and any Islamic extremist because he himself is one.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

Yeah well your friend is no more trustworthy then the people on here who claim to channel with aliens etc tbh.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join