It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If evolution happened, where are ALL the transitional fossils?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Evolutionists claim absurdities about birds evolving from reptiles, whales from land animals and so on. If this were true, where are all the transitional fossils that would have existed over millions of years? We should be sitting on mountains of transitional fossils. We should be tripping over them everywhere we go. But this is not the case.

Evolutionists excuse is that not all animal remains fossilize. How convenient! Saying all those transitional forms existed but we don't have fossil evidence is no different from a kid saying "I did my homework but my dog ate it!".

Evolutionists may show us a few fossils and claim its a "transitiona", and thus evidence of evolution. Sorry, but finding one of the millions of transitional forms doesn't prove evolution. You need more.

If the whale evolved from a land animal then you need to present fossils of all transitional forms, from the whale to whatever land animal that was the ancestor of whales. Until then, evolution is just an unprovable theory.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Lol, I really hope people don't reply to this cause you have A LOT of research to catch up on before you can start discussing this topic.

Are you religious by any chance?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Woah. . You just opened a can of worms here buddy.. hope you got thick skin..
Get ready for it.. 3... 2.... 1.....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Honestly I don't have an answer, Its one of those things I just accept as fact. I'd like to see what the responses are though and that's why I'm bothering to comment. Surely someone a bit more educated than I can give a proper reason.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Look up the evolution of a dolphin/whale then tell me there are no transitional fossils.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss
Actually.. we don't need fossils to prove evolution, genetics alone is enough to show evolution in real time.
All lifeforms are transitional or in a state of transition, life has never been stagnate and will continue to evolve long after creationist have long gone extinct.

edit on fFriday164678f464608 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Well you seem to be looking for some actual knowledge. The main dilemma with the OP's argument is that fossils form under very specific conditions. It's impossible to have a fossil of every single species that ever lived because the conditions for fossilization to occur is so rare.

I don't know the exact number, but i'm guessing that less than 0.00001% of creatures end up as fossils.
And thats why we don't have fossils for EVERY SINGLE SPECIES EVER.

But what we do have is very good evidence for scales turning into feather, fins into limbs etc.

We deduce this by looking at fossils and comparing their age, location, and many other factors to determine how they relate to other species and how those species developed. So yea.. there's proof for evolution, you just need some more David Attenborough in your life

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If I wasn't on mobile, I'd Google this for you and post the first thousand transitional fossils. There's a ton of evidence out there.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Allow me the opportunity to help you on your quest for truth.

Evolution took place over thousands, and in some cases millions, of years. It took place on the genetic or micro-cellular level, and at different rates during different stages. In order to locate a truly transitional fossil you would have to be able to find the very genetic material which was in the act of changing when the creature in question was alive and compare it to those which were alive the generation before and the generation after it lived.

I say good luck to you fella.

The theory of evolution is just that "a theory" because no one was standing around watching all these changes take place. This could also be said about the "creation theory". I don't remember reading of any man's first hand accounts of watching every living creature being created either. We only have what was passed down through word of mouth over hundreds of years.
My best advice would be for you to take these "theories" with a grain of salt because they both require some level of faith and can only be proven by the 'best guess" of physical evidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
God hid them so that you could have a stronger faith in her.

She's benevolent
edit on 07Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:36:23 -0500920167America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Tadpoles into frogs.

Drops mic...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It's impossible to have a fossil of every single species that ever lived because the conditions for fossilization to occur is so rare.

ok. so then we can give up hope of seeing fossils of the millions of transitional forms, correct?

We deduce this by looking at fossils and comparing their age, location, and many other factors to determine how they relate to other species and how those species developed.

If you don't have the required fossils of the supposed transitional forms, then your deductions are all going to be baseless and obviously flawed. You would just be filling in the gaps with your imagination.

Reading "evolution" back into fossil finds is not science. You've reached the conclusion first and then forcing fossil finds to fit the conclusion. Thats circular reasoning.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is not a legal question, but a question about history.
Historians know they are never going to get evidence of a legal standard, so they make the best conclusions they can from whatever evidence they've got.
As long as the theory of evolution is not being used to convict someone of a crime, it doesn't need proof to a legal standard. Balance of probabilities will do.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ehem, the transitional fossils that do exist are fantastic evidence for evolution. All I'm saying is we're probably missing the fossils that shows how elephants trunks developed that last inch, or when the pinky toe became a thing (speaking under correction).

Like I said, you must go and do research yourself, I've tried spoon feeding to many times on ATS and I still believe that these posts are made by religious trolls.

But I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here buddy

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
heres a snake fossil with 4 legs...proves evolution. snakes had legs
phenomena.nationalgeographic.com...

darwinius masillae - fossil proof of where lemurs/small primates started
The genus Darwinius was named in commemoration of the bicentenary of the birth of Charles Darwin, and the species name masillae honors Messel where the specimen was found. The creature appeared superficially similar to a modern lemur.[3][4]

im not gonna go nuts here, but the horse is best example of evolution
evolved in steps
hyracotherium or dawn horse
www.dinosaurjungle.com...

mesohippus
www.britannica.com...

merychippus
animaladay.blogspot.com...

pliohippus
en.wikipedia.org...

and end result ( modern horse ) equus

you can basically watch the horse evolve through those 5 steps. that's the best example of an animal evolving slowly

whales, dolphins, birds, theres lots of fossil proof as well as dna......

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

They’re out there. Here’s a spade – go and dig!

Huge ATS thread on transitional fossils

edit on 15/7/16 by Astyanax because: I had a link.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

oh and by the way.......
humans had tails........................
boom shaka laka

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
heres a good resource......
exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com...

heres the fossil record of humans
humanorigins.si.edu...

religitards....... psssh

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the problem with religious people is this:
the proof, the evidence, the overwhelming amount of knowledge showing your religion is false/wrong/bs..... its right in front of ya. its all there, proof of evolution, proof that we have been here hundreds of thousands of years, not 6000.

you just dont want to except the fact, that you have wasted your whole life telling people they are going to hell, because your fairy tale in unbelievable, factual non sense, and proven multiple different ways to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This is not a legal question, but a question about history.
Historians know they are never going to get evidence of a legal standard, so they make the best conclusions they can from whatever evidence they've got.
As long as the theory of evolution is not being used to convict someone of a crime, it doesn't need proof to a legal standard. Balance of probabilities will do.

"Legal standards" can never hold up to the scrutiny of scientific standards. People have been put to death with less evidence than there is for evolution.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join