It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If evolution happened, where are ALL the transitional fossils?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'll just throw a wrench in the works, since I stopped by anyway.

HA hahahaha....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

There is one small archive here. When you finish with that I will redirect you to new info. Then to another read. And in 20 years probably you would have all your questions answered.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This is not a legal question, but a question about history.
Historians know they are never going to get evidence of a legal standard, so they make the best conclusions they can from whatever evidence they've got.
As long as the theory of evolution is not being used to convict someone of a crime, it doesn't need proof to a legal standard. Balance of probabilities will do.

Perfect assessment.

and if I may expand upon it.

Evolution is a Theory which is why it is called the Theory (idea) of Evolution not the Law of Evolution.
It is the conceptualization supported by CONSENCUS of opinion and INTERPRETATION of Data.

That is a clear problem, Concencus lead's to peer review and BELIEF that a Theory is FACTUAL AND PROVEN when in fact it's proof is a kind of pyramid scheme based on INTERPRETATION and I might add that while I personally DO believe in God so am on the other side from many other's whom are commenting on this thread I am not opposed to the Theory itself or even it's interpretation.

But this thread's comment's portray perfectly the clash of Belief's between two different point's of view.

Each side calling the other crazy or foolish, even stooping to childish troll like post's with only a few cool head's such as Disreali making any sense at all.

Now let me ask the believers in Evolution (bare in mind I do not disbelieve in it myself though I am a Christian), how do you PROVE the lucy fossil is indeed related to the human race as an ancestor species and HOW do you disprove find's like these I shall place below this caveat other than to ridicule them (which is exactly the reception Darwins own idea initially recieved at the Royal Academy).
www.ancient-wisdom.com...
www.creationhistory.com...
bibliotecapleyades.lege.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.icr.org...
www.bible.ca...
biblicalgeology.net...

Now think on this, Men that stood on the moon are probably far more intelligent than the lecturer, science teacher or school teacher that taught you to disbelieve in God and to believe in Theory (Idea), Men such as James Irwin whom truly believed in Noah's Ark and spent his last years trying to find it.

Are they crazy or is it more appropriate to say closing your mind to there belief since you DON'T understand it and believing an IDEA is just as crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Archaeopteryx

Is is a bird or a reptile?

Kinda looks like it's in-between both.

That's weird.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think your main problem is that you have things backwards, land animals didn`t evolve into sea animals, sea animals evolved into land animals.
The most interesting modern day example would be the "walking fish" (google it) like the climbing perch, the Snakehead fish,etc.

Snakeheads, the razor-toothed Asian fish that can walk on land and has attacked humans, have been reported across the southern United States, the Interior Department has warned.

"The largest species of the bizarre freshwater fish, which can grow to four feet long (1.2 meters), has been found in open waters in Florida. In addition, illegal live snakeheads have been confiscated in Texas, Alabama, and Kentucky and are being sold over the Internet, the agency said. "These fish are like something from a bad horror movie," said Interior Secretary Gale Norton. "They eat virtually any small animal in their path. They can travel across land and live out of water for at least three days. They reproduce quickly."Snakeheads have no natural predators in the United States and can cross land to reach new aquatic habitats.Some species grow to be as big as a golf bag, and snakeheads guard their young ferociously. The Interior Department said there are reports from Asia of snakeheads attacking and in some instances killing people who approached a mass of their young.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

snakeheads not only have gills for breathing in the water they have primitive lungs that allow them to breath on land too.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

well theres certain things you can believe in that are crazy:

the earth being 6000 years old

a 900 year old man building a boat and storing every species on the planet

a stick which turned into a snake and the snake talks

we all came from a rib? adam and eve had two male children cain and able, and somehow the rest of humanity arose.

theres no physical proof showing anything in the bible is fact. we have fossils, we have radio carbon dating, scientific experimentations, and just common sense to explain alot of things

i believe in evolution, i believe in genetic manipulation by someone not human, and i believe that the bible is a great book. its a book of morals meant to live your life by. however theres way too many crazy scriptures that i cant grasp the concept of and are jsut plain wrong... like killing unmarried pregnant women, and if a woman stops a fight between 2 men by grabbing their genitals, then that woman has to die.

this book may have been accurate of the times 2000 years ago. but we have advanced way too much to take anything in the buybull as serious.

religion will eventually die. the only reason most people believe is "faith"

thats not good enough for me. we have videos, pictures, accounts, witnesses of things like ufos, ets, aliens, bigfoot, loch ness monster...... we have nothing of any god, or the jesus.

so should i have faith that sasquatch exists? no... i need physical tangible proof before i can believe

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

All fossils are transitional fossils. ALL OF THEM. So where are they? Well go find a bone; you just found a transitional fossil.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yes and no. While the timeline of evolution is that life started in the sea then evolved to be land animals, there are also land animals that have reentered the ocean and became sea animals again. For example: Dolphins and whales.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Never thought about that one, really cool.
biology.stackexchange.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

It just goes to show you that evolution isn't directional. A lifeform can evolve away from a niche then evolve right back to it later down the line.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm well aware, my thoughts have always just drifted more towards methane based life. Or something similarly crazy...
A man can dream..

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

You mean like the movie Evolution where the aliens were nitrogen based instead of carbon based?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

All fossils are transitional fossils. ALL OF THEM. So where are they? Well go find a bone; you just found a transitional fossil.

Maybe one bone is good enough as evidence for people who've already concluded that evolution really happened. But people who are serious about applying the scientific method require more than a bone or two to confirm the existence of "transitional" specimens, which according to evolution, number in the millions.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well go find another, and another, and another. You can go have as many bones as you want. I never said you can only have one. They are all transitional fossils. Take as many as you want to be satisfied.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well go find another, and another, and another. You can go have as many bones as you want. I never said you can only have one. They are all transitional fossils. Take as many as you want to be satisfied.

The ones claiming millions of transitional forms existed should be the ones going out and finding the fossils of millions of transitional forms.

Until then evolution can be dismissed as an unproven hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They are already found though. They exist. Like I said, 100% of the fossils in the ground are transitional fossils. 100% of the bones in YOUR body will be transitional fossils. 100% of the bones on the planet are transitional fossils.

You clearly don't know what a transitional fossil is because you aren't understanding what I'm saying. You seem to think like no one is providing you with evidence. The evidence is done provided. You just aren't accepting the proper definition of transitional fossils and are substituting your own strawman instead.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Forgive me for thread-bombing with not having actually read the thread yet...

I would speculate that we need to be looking at the research in which primordial genetic code was re-activated when the species were fertilised in the presence of a static electric field. I can't remember the full technical details, but it was utterly amazing work, adn I have a feeling that the transitional fossils are less visible because *something* changed in the environment, at each transitional hurdle, to *switch on* different parts of the genetic code as various plants and animals were developing.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Koalas have always appeared to be in the process of transitioning into a tree dwelling mammal, from a ground dwelling mammal.

They can climb, but go about it in a really clumsy manner, they also need to sleep for like 20 hours a day, since it takes so much effort to digest there food source (gum leaves)... Mother koalas also feed their babies its own feaces, so the babies body can adapt to the toxic leaves they feed on.

So essentionally, Koalas are in fact a living transitional fossil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join