It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to make Infowars [i]non grata[/i]?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
a reply to: DJW001

The problem here is that we're allowing hate to breed more hate.

I have never once gotten a liberal to say on ATS "you've got a point". Not once has a liberal member ever crossed the isle to meet on middle ground. When they say we need to come to middle ground, they mean we need to shut up and agree with them.

People are angry at the blatant racism against white people by BLM, Obama, and left wing media. We all know they stopped posting the pictures and names of criminals that are black. They jump to conclusions like Zimmerman being a white hispanic to push their agenda to tar and feather whites.

Not one black person alive today in America was ever a slave or knew a slave. They have had equal access and sometimes privileged access to education and jobs. We don't have jim crow laws, we don't use the N word while they use it constantly in speech and songs. They attack us violently at grossly disproportionate numbers and then shout how they are the ones under attack despite the statistics proving otherwise.

The push back is coming and that is why we are seeing so many now shouting "blatant racism". God forbid we should stand up for ourselves. God forbid we should say White Pride or National Association for the Advancement of White people! We can't even defend ourselves without being labeled racist. The charge has lost it's sting, we are sick of it, and we are not going to take it anymore. Rant all you want, it won't change the fact that when BLM does attack whites, it's not going to end they way they thought it would.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
HE,HA,HA,HA,HA.
You lose arguments ,you CAN'T run to mods and owner doesn't back the idea....life is hard if you want to stop the violence OFF SOROS today.
THEN the sutuation will become LESS violent.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: clarktron
a reply to: introvert

I though everyone knew that Alex Jones is Bill Hicks? 0 credibility, part of the NWO scheme pretending to be "truth" movement.

NO!!!! Bill Hicks was a legend. Alex "monkey-man" Jones is a fear and hatemonger, who has made it his personal mission to exaggerate every single thing that comes out of his mouth, especially if it'll blow his trumpet, so to speak. Like an OTT, Americanised David Icke really...

So remember: Hicks = LEGEND, Jones = BELLEND. And while they sound similar, they are totally different.

Rev

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Perhaps we could over time put together a locked thread controlled by mods/admin whomever with any sources that are 'dubious' in nature.

Or a line or two under many of the main:

BBC
Uk based publicly (govt) funded with no advertising (the reason most watch it) TV, Radio and online.
A lot of good stuff in their nature/science documentaries but news is generally biased towards the current government (some may say liberal/tory/labour -sure we can come to a consensus)

Daily Mail
Uk based (part of the Murdoch empire?) newspaper and online (known here as the daily fail)
Not sure of its political leaning but is garbage (yes i have linked in the past (embarrassed emoticon))

RT (Russia Today)
Russian based owned by the state or just heavily controlled by?

MInd you would end up being a long list but if kept in alphabetical order would be useful.

For ages I thought the Huffington Post was one of those 'joke' news sites as they do seem to run a lot of crap - judging by what people share and talk about anyway, not wasted any time checking out either.

Would be useful for many I'm sure to get a feel for the reputation of their source before posting.
edit on 15-7-2016 by johnb because: extra word removal

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

I'm not a self-described liberal, but most people jump to conclusions and assume I am. I've said, "you've got a point" whenever it's warranted (which is less and less these days), and am more than happy to "cross the aisle".

You say, "they attack us violently at grossly disproportionate numbers" -- who is "they"? Black people? All black people? Just some? Broad strokes it would appear.

I'm a white male, and I don't see anything being taken away from me, and I'm not sure what I need to stand up for? My skin color is the majority in this country. People who look like me dominate the media and almost every political office. Just about anyone with influence in America shares my European heritage.

I don't seem to understand where your anger and fear comes from, because where I sit as a white male -- I don't feel threatened whatsoever.

I refuse to label myself as a victim in order to deflect the attention away from my own thoughts/feelings about race. I refuse to allow fear mongering to work its way into my heart and darken my perspective on the world. I refuse to allow hate to creep into my life, distorting and skewing reality.

When the color of your skin is the dominant one, you don't need a special month to celebrate it, you don't need to have "pride" marches, or special anything. Every damn day you exist in a majority is "pride day" for you, just look around at what other people with you skin color are doing and achieving.

You have nothing to defend against, so that's why it comes off as racist. It's pushing an narrative that your skin color makes you somehow better or more deserving of the majority status you enjoy.

And are there people of other skin colors than yours and mine that hate us? Sure. but those people are far and few between. There isn't some vast horde of angry minorities dead-set on destroying my life and your life. If you truly believe that, then its probably time to stop reading/watching the news and chill out for a while.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Sounds to me that you're just finding more reasons for us to be divided IMHO.

We need to find a way to put ourselves above such things. All the things you mentioned have always existed and will always exist, it's how we deal with them both as a community and as individuals that decides their effect...kinda like racism.

Racism has always been there and it will always be a one way street as far as many are concerned. Now we can make it worse by being idiots or we can trying and make it better by being mindful, but in the end it will still be there and always will be because the people whom incite it are living in the past rather than the moment and until they know/learn better, nothing will change their views.

Again, this is just my opinion and it is as wrong as it is right in my eyes, how will it look through yours?

Rev

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HE,HA,HA,HA,HA.
You lose arguments ,you CAN'T run to mods and owner doesn't back the idea....life is hard if you want to stop the violence OFF SOROS today.
THEN the sutuation will become LESS violent.

Surly we're more evolved than that? An argument shouldn't be about who wins, it should be about debating the "facts" as you see them. Life is already full of winners and losers and as such we should be building an environment here on ATS that will nurture debate, rather than turn it in to some sort of pissing contest.

God I feel old re-reading that...

Rev

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't see Infowars as being a problem.

I look at a lot of different websites and if I really can't stomach the tone and ideology of a website, I don't go there.

What I do see as being an issue is the Internet has turned the world into everyone's individual back yard, which is now unmanageable and intolerable, and everyone is into everyone else's business. People want to stamp out that which they don't want in their virtual backyard.

I hope that makes sense.

In ordinary life, a person isn't constantly affronted with the vast number of opinions, hatreds, resentments and causes of others, but on the internet, if one frequents forums or so-called social media, it's a whole different landscape. The internet has become a place to VENT no matter how much it offends other people.

Whatever.

A game changer would be if the internet was suddenly no longer available for a long period of time. Many people's focus would shrink back to their own physical backyard and locale.

though.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

There isn't some vast horde of angry minorities

sorry but that did make me chuckle and anyway this thread is not meant to be about race is it

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Speaking as a minority (I'm the only Scotsman in the village!
) I can confirm, we have no horde...we loaned them to the Warcraft movie and never got them back...

Rev

edit on 15/7/2016 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I just have to shake my head sometimes. The world really isn't as bad as some people have made out to be. There honestly isn't someone hiding around every corner or tree who wants to harm you.

And when we start believing that, it inflates our egos and senses of self worth -- as if we're so dang special and important that everyone wants to harm us, specifically for just being who we are.

I understand that it's hard these days to feel good about one's self -- to have a healthy level of self respect and self esteem...but inflating one's self-worth and pretending that everyone's out to harm them? That's not healthy, that's a path down neurotic lane.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am staying here until someone who needs us leaves us.

I feel like I entered a magical wonderland of intellect and reason nearly a decade ago and now, somehow I woke up knocking on the gates of hell surrounded by it's newest inmates.

It is depressing to be around so many hateful people, I scratch my head in puzzlement at the extremist vitriol that has somehow taken over the majority demographic here.

I don't fit in.
Personality types I don't gel with.
I don't get how people can sit behind a computer all day spewing hate and judgement, it must be exhausting.

Info wars is likely similar sentiments, not worse.

Sad days for me indeed.
I've been one of the most hard core supporters here over the decade.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to revmoofoo - scottish too but not the only one in the village even though rural southern england we are everywhere

reply to mystic - no i agreed with what you said/are saying, it was just the words used - how can a vast horde be a minority ? was all i chuckled at -well smirked anyway

reply to zazza - I know back in the good old days eh
I think the quality is still here but is just harder to find amongst all the political 'my view is right and you are wrong/your candidate is REALLY bad' crap

checks join date and wonders where the time went - i'm blaming 'insert the politician you just LOVE to hate' here
edit on 15-7-2016 by johnb because: to add reply to zazz

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

You say, "they attack us violently at grossly disproportionate numbers" -- who is "they"? Black people? All black people? Just some? Broad strokes it would appear.

Have you not read the statistics? Have you not seen that black people are 27 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white person? Blacks commit more violent crimes against other black people and it's brought up a lot in BLM type interviews with a conservative host and they simply say it's not true, when data says it is true. My post is about Black Lives Matter sorts and their mouthpieces in the media and the President who just had them to the white house after the Dallas shootings.

He pushes a race baiting agenda along with Sharpton and other black "leaders" pushed on the American people as the voice for the black people. Please, your comment impugns the intelligence of the average person.

Crime rates

There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.

In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a non­black to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.

Interracial crime

In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
The color of crime

My post is responding to the idea that there is all this racism and bigotry happening and it sounds like they are referring to white people / conservatives. My post is about the facts that we conservative / white people have been maligned for decades and now need to worry about white privilege. The little boy who wrote the essay about his terrible white privilege has been attacked and indoctrinated with this false narrative. Whites are getting sick of this attack against us and our children. We are tired of hearing about slavery. None of us took part in it, and blacks have their own part in that history of owning slaves. Now they (BLM sorts) want us to pay billions of dollars for their perceived pain and suffering. BS is the only thing that comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I always rolled my eyes at the good old days comments, and was the first to say be the change you want to see.

Call me bitter and twisted, but I don't believe that possible anymore

Could be the mud pit attracted the type of difficult angry people we mentioned. It is more like the concrete pit, it has stuck them here firmly.
The news isn't news here now. Its partisan histrionics and heaven help if you are a moderate person, you are slaughtered for being a snowflake etc, It has grown tiresome to read the latest insult catchphrases.

It is boring to reread the same miserable sentiments.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Thanks for promoting that thread.

I somehow overlooked it.

I flagged and starred it in your honor.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe we should start burning books and knocking down ancient monuments while we are at it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Wow. That article is full of links to a PRIMARY SOURCE.

The article, including it's title (censored by ats) accurately quotes straight from the horses mouth.

Your cries for censorship are even more unfounded than I originally suspected.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I read the thread and subsequent articles therein.

I think you maybe misplacing your anger here. While Infowars isn't exactly a beacon of journalism, it has it's merits for various reasons, just like any other source out there. This article in particular though, was actually backed up with various sources. So, you may have inadvertently picked the wrong piece of evidence for your claims.

Also, would like to note that while there was some shade thrown at BLM in that thread, nobody but the few denying the source were making claims about other posters being racist or bigoted.

So, in effect, you made opinionated statements in that thread and weren't able to debate your position thoroughly then resorted to claiming everyone else was racist. Then you started a thread to try and get a source pulled from our beloved forum because you didn't agree with it.

Thats my observation anyway.

Carry on OP.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Nope.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join