It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to make Infowars [i]non grata[/i]?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
People are (rightfully) pissed off that a bunch of blacks think they are entitled to white people's money. They have been implying it for a long time now they are coming out and demanding it. THAT is what the replies in that thread were about.

Why are you trying to muddy the waters and blame infowars? Are you claiming that infowars made the story up?

Your thread and your argument make no sense whatsoever. The hate is being generated by blacks telling whites "you owe us money" not by infowars.

Truly
edit on 15-7-2016 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

People are (rightfully) pissed off that a bunch of blacks think they are entitled to white people's money.

Got it. One loudmouth blogger says she wants to be paid because she's fat and black, and you think it's a movement because Infowars says so. Can you give me another 88 reasons?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is a joke thread right???? Maybe it should go in off topic joke forum..

This is a classic battle between Pierce Morgan and Alex Jones
Jone murdered the guy in the debate... 1776 will commence again if you try to take our guns..!!!
It is great!!! If you're for or against guns it is just amazing to watch Jones beat Morgan down

Alex Jones helped pioneer and popularize the 9/11 truth movement without that
ATS would not even be what it is today.. Much to your chagrin that BOLSTERED ATS
to where it is today.. 9/11 conspiracy theories the ATS roots!

edit on 15-7-2016 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

stop being a bigot

In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman: I know you are but what am I?

Is this what ATS is about now?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

I haven't the luxury, I 'm fighting a social lie.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

wrong thread apology.. would you like to address the whole post?

Cherry picking a post proves your argument is defeated

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Like you just did?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Excellent rebuttal. I think you won the Internet.

And I will grant you, when Jones decides to be, he IS obnoxiously relevant.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think you won the Internet.

Hooray! Please post links to all the sites that are celebrating this post.

(post by Snarl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: James1982

People are (rightfully) pissed off that a bunch of blacks think they are entitled to white people's money.

Got it. One loudmouth blogger says she wants to be paid because she's fat and black, and you think it's a movement because Infowars says so. Can you give me another 88 reasons?

I have not read a single thing from Infowars relating to this woman. I'm not a member of his site/group/whatever. Aside from following a few random links to AJ stuff posted on ATS over the years I am not a consumer of his product. My personal opinion of AJ is that he is either controlled opposition or a scammer.

With regard to the thread in question, I googled the woman's name and read what she said and who she is and associates with. You want to act as if she is a "nobody" but she isn't. She has a voice and she has followers. Stop trying to act as if there are only a handful of blacks out there that think this way. This is a very real and pervasive mentality that only seems to be gaining traction, and I say this not from watching alex jones shows but from listening to the black individuals themselves who are promoting it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

This thread is so obnoxious and hate filled that it has me seriously reconsidering my attitude towards free speech. I have always believed that if you allow a fool to say anything they want, people will eventually see the fool for what he is. Unfortunately, there are a few threads that are being dominated by hate mongers who are cheering one another on, drowning out other voices, and creating a poisonous atmosphere. Rather than deal with facts, they are drawing their racist talking points from Infowars. It is as if Infowars is infiltrating ATS and sabotaging it, using it to advance its own insane agenda. Enough is enough.

I've always believed the same thing, but at the same time I think it's important to challenge people to back up their rhetoric. With the internet it's trivial to find a source who agrees with your point of view, it's much harder to find a reputable one. The problem with this being a conspiracy/alternate news site is a large part of the rhetoric is that the MSM is leaving out facts and it encourages people to look for the less than reputable sources to make up a story that's being left out.

I didn't check your thread specifically, but in the last 15 minutes I have seen people here say:
All illegal immigrants all need to be hunted down and executed.
Muslims need to be aggressively "purged" from our borders.
The government needs to start giving religious tests

I don't know about the infowars viewpoint, I think they're mostly a mix of closet racists who just like to complain it's not the 1950's anymore and wannabe control freaks who secretly have the desire to power trip, but complain when others like them use power. It does remind me of stormfront though. It's too bad to see too, especially since the site owners seem to be unwilling or unable to stop it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nobody's speech gets drowned out on ATS unless they give up and fail to speak anymore.

Constitutional lesson number one:

The speech we must defend is the speech that pisses us off. ;-)
edit on 7-15-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This thread is so obnoxious and hate filled that it has me seriously reconsidering my attitude towards free speech. I have always believed that if you allow a fool to say anything they want, people will eventually see the fool for what he is. Unfortunately, there are a few threads that are being dominated by hate mongers who are cheering one another on, drowning out other voices, and creating a poisonous atmosphere. Rather than deal with facts, they are drawing their racist talking points from Infowars. It is as if Infowars is infiltrating ATS and sabotaging it, using it to advance its own insane agenda. Enough is enough.

Sorry...I totally do not agree. The majority of ATS users, at least those of us with an account that was made before late 2015, probably feel the same way.

I don't agree because the vast majority take Infowars with a grain of salt. And, in reality, most folks don't use them as a source...

I do agree with other folks who've said your OP restricts free speech, BC it does.

The beauty of ATS? If you don't like the topic, the author, or the source; ignore it and don't post!

edit on 15-7-2016 by lovebeck because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

WELL SAID...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
The speech we must defend is the speech that pisses us off. ;-)

It's a good lesson too. Protecting unpopular speech is the most important thing, popular speech inherently doesn't need protection. However, that's not a reason to allow people to parrot lies just because it agrees with their point of view. Infowars is definitely in that grey area, but they certainly have no problem making up their own stories.

How about this as a compromise to consider:
Certain sites are banned from being a source on ATS
Certain sites can be used as a source, but only if a secondary source agreeing with them is also provided.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Pretty much my assessment, too.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2016 by lovebeck because: DP

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: lovebeck

WELL SAID...

Why thank you, Springer.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We only ban sites that have been proven to hoax stories to garner clicks and ad revenue.

Whether you love or hate AJ, Infowars hasn't stooped to that level yet as far as I know.

If it ever comes to pass that our members can prove that site has created a total hoax we will reconsider.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join