It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to make Infowars [i]non grata[/i]?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Please consider removing the banner from the bottom of your responses. It no longer reflects your values and is therefore irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

if i could i would give you a star.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think the much deeper problem we have on ATS is not the sources we use, but the members themselves.

There seems to be a lot more racial overtones in the posts some members make lately. The recent BLM issues have really put a strain on those with "white anxiety" and they are becoming more vocal. Also a lot more statements with hints of fascist ideals.

Forget infowars, the Right Wingers on this site need to check themselves. That's where the problem lies.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We need to check our privilege, right?

BLM are stirring up a violent and murderous race war, on a fallacious half-hollow and misdirecting premise, and if I demystify it (with the ultimate ends of throwing water on the flames) that makes me the White Devil.

edit on 15-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I'm rejecting your proposal.

Your effort is noted.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We need to check our privilege, right?

BLM are stirring up a violent and murderous race war, on a fallacious half-hollow and misdirecting premise, and if I deconstruct (with the ultimate ends of throwing water on the flames) that makes me the White Devil.

I said nothing about privilege.

Comments like this play in to the entire BLM/race crap.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

OH GOODY! Can we BAN Slate, Huffington Post too? /end sarcasm

I hate banning anything. If you don't like it, don't read it/buy it.

Exactly. There are times on here when people pooh-pooh stories because they don't like the source, and I'm talking about CNN or Fox. Only because liberal members don't like sources with a known conservative slant and conservative members don't like sources with a known liberal slant. Of course some sources are blatant bs like BIN. My point is not everybody is going to agree with every source. Might as well ban them all.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's worse to reveal oneself as a censor than it is to reveal oneself as a fool. You either believe in free speech for views you do not like, or you don't believe in free speech.

The best way to combat your fear of words and expression is to bite back with your own. For instance, long before committing a genetic fallacy and decrying a source, refute the sources claims. Trust me, it makes them look like idiots while it makes you look honourable, which is better than looking like a Puritan or censor-monger. Free speech is a human right for very important reasons, so I beg you to consider it further it rather than let your emotions lead you to hate it.

Good luck
edit on 15-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: Words

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You cant beat them at there game and you dont want to join them, just let them have there time in the spotlight it usualy does not last long.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I love Alex Jones..... he is God in disguise! There is nothing racist about Alex Jones or Infowars, what a croc of lies from the Op.

edit on 15-7-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I can honestly say, I don't know what to make of this. To research and better understand your OP, I clicked on the ATS thread link, followed that to the Alex Jones article and then found and followed Jones' articles source document which is a BLM style activist web site: wearyourvoicemag.com...

Which said website calls itself "Intersectional Feminist Media"; whatever that means.

So...........what does all that tell us. Well, for one thing, Jones didn't just "make up" this story. He's quoting from an independent source document. However, that independent source document is an example of the type abomination the Internet has fostered, a "magazine" for nut jobs espousing extremist views to generate clicks and to inflame passions and to sell stuff. Jones quoting from this source is not unlike HuffPost quoting from a KKK web magazine or from Storm Front documents.

I don't much pay attention to Jones website because its too repetitive. I do read it for breaking news and for special reports on things like the Bildebergers. But I don't use it as a source document because I prefer to use the back documents that are the sources.

You could ban Alex Jones website if you like, but here's the real problem that needs be addressed and I have no idea how to address it. What's happened is that the Internet has become a giant version of National Enquirer. Its becoming increasingly the haunt of nutters and whacko political agendas. And all this against the backdrop of the usual US summer of discontent, riots, demonstrations and protests.

And the only way to get around this problem is to "Deny Ignorance". So for example, we know that a minority of black folks vehemently hate white folks, just as a minority of white folks hate black folks. But in reality, in the real day to day life US Americans live, everyone is more or less getting along because, for the most part, they don't have any choice if they want to live and work and participate as productive citizens. All that said, probably the best recourse to tamp down the lunacy is that the offending thread should have been taken down as counterproductive and unnecessarily inflamatory.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Forget infowars, the Right Wingers on this site need to check themselves. That's where the problem lies.

How come only the Right Wingers need to check themselves? Your smug liberal sense of self-rightesnouss is astounding.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert

How come only the Right Wingers need to check themselves?

Because it is the Right Wingers on this site that are expressing thinly-veiled racist and bigoted views towards people of different colors and religions.

It is those people that are empowered by stories and sources that were described in the OP. I don't see that from the Left.

Your smug liberal sense of self-rightesnouss is astounding.

I'm not a liberal, but thanks for playing.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's worse to reveal oneself as a censor than it is to reveal oneself as a fool. You either believe in free speech for views you do not like, or you don't believe in free speech.

The best way to combat your fear of words and expression is to bite back with your own. For instance, long before committing a genetic fallacy and decrying a source, refute the sources claims. Trust me, it makes them look like idiots while it makes you look honourable, which is better than looking like a Puritan or censor-monger. Free speech is a human right for very important reasons, so I beg you to consider it further it rather than let your emotions lead you to hate it.

Good luck
You sir, deserve the star that i can not give to you.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I though everyone knew that Alex Jones is Bill Hicks? 0 credibility, part of the NWO scheme pretending to be "truth" movement.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: clarktron

I though everyone knew that Alex Jones is Bill Hicks? 0 credibility, part of the NWO scheme pretending to be "truth" movement.

Alex Jones is very popular in certain circles because he provides a lot of confirmation bias in regards to conservative views and conspiracy. It is an extreme version of what Bill Cooper offered during his time in the spotlight.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
This thread is so obnoxious and hate filled that it has me seriously reconsidering my attitude towards free speech. I have always believed that if you allow a fool to say anything they want, people will eventually see the fool for what he is. Unfortunately, there are a few threads that are being dominated by hate mongers who are cheering one another on, drowning out other voices, and creating a poisonous atmosphere. Rather than deal with facts, they are drawing their racist talking points from Infowars. It is as if Infowars is infiltrating ATS and sabotaging it, using it to advance its own insane agenda. Enough is enough.

When a topic or thread offends me and seems to be littered with idiots, I chose not to read that thread anymore. It sounds like you are butthurt about their opinions. I am a conservative and have seen over the years many "liberal" members attack viewpoints they don't agree with in sophomoric diatribes, name calling and a plethora of thread derailing tactics. I know what certain members are going to say typically, and I simply don't engage with those I consider ass hats.

Of course, feel free to whine and elicit support or more attacks. I'm sure they will be in abundance.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well... just don't read / listen to them.... Alex Jones is pretty #ed up. I indeed believe you are right DJW001, Alex Jones was let loose and he's been sprouting so much now that it's become more than obvious what kind of idiot he is. No respect from here towards him.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Spoken like a true, committed Politically Correct Storm Trooper (PCST). But even Hitler's people knew the value of letting the opposition have some small say in what they championed. As such, they often telegraphed to the Fascists in what manner the Fascists should next move.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The problem here is that we're allowing hate to breed more hate. Free speech is important, however it's a fine line between free speech and hate speech and our fellow members seem to cross that aforementioned line with more and more frequency. It not only shows a lack of maturity on the part of our fellow members, but also a lack of empathy for their fellow man.

A little empathy goes a lot further than a boatload of hate and we as a society have to learn that. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm by no means perfect and I have crossed that line myself over the years, however nowadays, I always make a point of asking myself how my post would make me feel if it was to be directed at me and act accordingly.

We need to come together in this community, or there's really no point in us being here at all...

Rev

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join