It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to make Infowars [i]non grata[/i]?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I will always back the truth, so you're quite WELCOME.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think the much deeper problem we have on ATS is not the sources we use, but the members themselves.

There seems to be a lot more racial overtones in the posts some members make lately. The recent BLM issues have really put a strain on those with "white anxiety" and they are becoming more vocal. Also a lot more statements with hints of fascist ideals.

Forget infowars, the Right Wingers on this site need to check themselves. That's where the problem lies.

Can you please explain what "white anxiety" is? I've never heard of the term before...seriously.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
You could ban Alex Jones website if you like, but here's the real problem that needs be addressed and I have no idea how to address it. What's happened is that the Internet has become a giant version of National Enquirer. Its becoming increasingly the haunt of nutters and whacko political agendas. And all this against the backdrop of the usual US summer of discontent, riots, demonstrations and protests.

It's a pretty telling reflection of reality. It's just another way in which ordinary people are becoming radicalized. Some are taking up militant Islam while others are shifting over to Fascism and others are pushing for race wars. Groups like ISIS are just a small part of a much larger societal trend.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If we can't discuss it here, then they sure can't discuss it in the larger country.

That's by design, most people don't want to discuss it. BLM certainly doesn't want to discuss race. They want to riot. The other side doesn't want to discuss it either because it inevitably means change (if it plays out as these things historically do). It's just a bunch of people on both sides making themselves loud in an effort to drown out the other side.

What tactics like this result in, are a handful of people in power who discuss things among themselves in secret away from the cameras and prying eyes.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
a reply to: reldra

I have been off ATS for some time, but my partner got me back on. I have seen you for a long time. My experience is that, mine. I have posted on ATS for years, and I don't recall one debate / discussion where a liberal ever made a comment like that to me or anyone else. Please post one from prior to this week to prove me wrong. IF it has happened, it's one out of tens of thousands where it never happens.

ATS mods tend to be liberal. ATS lets liberals get away with baiting other people, and then once push back comes then get involved. I remember quite a while back there was this grandiose comment from mods that there was not going to be anymore baiting and derailing of threads, and the next day it happened on one of my threads. No, I don't remember which one it was. These are my experiences. They might not be yours, but they are mine, and I bet quite a few other members.

BINGO..... That is definitely and sadly true. IT has been my experience many times here as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I actually read the Shackleford article Infowars linked to. It was, more or less, a racist, anti-white rant.

Then I googled Ashleigh Shackleford.

Shackleford has been featured on several mainstream websites due to her Instagram post, articles she's written, or interviews she's given.

Sites like Self.com and Buzzfeed. Mainstream websites...

My, my, my can you imagine the backlash if a white person went on a racist rant like that? You'd understand if you read the article that was linked from Infowars.

So, after all this I'm left wondering why the article in question isn't gaining the mainstream attention it so richly deserves?

Because the MSM is too chicken sh!t to report on it would be my guess...only white folks are racist, remember? It would tarnish the propaganda they shove down your throat on a daily basis.

That's where sites like Infowars come in handy. They will link to ridiculous articles like Shackleford's. And they'll even write up something of their own.

So, in this case, I gotta give Infowars props for reporting about the article. Its truly awful and just mind boggling. What's even worse are the comments...You want to know how folks are really feeling? Read those.

As far as the OP, I am not sure why you think Infowars is perpetuating racism...They just repoted on it.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

As far as the OP, I am not sure why you think Infowars is perpetuating racism...They just repoted on it.

They reported it falsely. They called her a "BLM leader." She is not, nor does she pretend to be. This gives ammunition to the white racists who want to believe that her idiotic opinions are those of the entire movement. This is what is known as "black propaganda," or "disinformation."

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ordinary people becoming radicalized?

I would guess the number of radicalized people is very, very, small. More I think its the case that the Internet has given the few that are radicals a sounding board for them to publish their nutty ideas. The "ordinary" people I interact with on a daily basis aren't radicalized.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It's one thing to change, but not when the implication is that ALL of that change and fault are mine. A problem and a conflict always have two sides who create friction, always.

And until it becomes reasonable for both sides to change and make reasonable changes, then I don't see much point in any of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

She is important enough a voice that she gets time in mainstream publications. That means she has influence.

It's not like they went out to the bayou looking for white racists and pulled old BubbaJoe out of his rocker and let him rant and no one has ever heard of him or went down to the local 'hood and pulled random gang banger Gonzo T and let him rant and published either one as indicative as society as a whole.

They pulled a fairly well-published voice giving a rant. Someone with a name people see relatively often.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

This thread seems to be addressing two birds with one stone

So, while we're here...

The Op is wrong - eliminating sources isn't the way to go. Most of us agree - even those of us with very different views. That's actually a very good sign. I guess :-)

But Springer, ATS has a problem it can't solve - and I couldn't be more sorry

This is worthy of a separate thread, though I'm not sure how you would go about writing a concise OP - the problem is difficult to pin down

It's not a free speech issue - that would be simple. Or - easier than this anyway

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

I will always back the truth, so you're quite WELCOME.

Good to see that the OP feel flat on its ass.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I would say the world has a problem and this is a symptom of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would say the world has a problem and this is a symptom of it.

And what is that problem ketsuko?

This is a thread at our shared ATS about choices and decisions that might, should - or should not - be made by ATS. I think it's worth talking about

I don't agree with the OP's suggestion - but I understand what got him there

The conversation that followed - in this thread - is something all of us at ATS (those of us that actually have some affection for this place) should be willing to talk about

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's one thing to change, but not when the implication is that ALL of that change and fault are mine. A problem and a conflict always have two sides who create friction, always.

And until it becomes reasonable for both sides to change and make reasonable changes, then I don't see much point in any of it.

In most arguments it's both sides who are wrong. If it's readily apparent that one side is right, then both sides will agree and there's no need for an argument in the first place.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

Agreed, they are totally different CHARACTERS played by the same ACTOR!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The Op is wrong - eliminating sources isn't the way to go. Most of us agree - even those of us with very different views. That's actually a very good sign. I guess :-)

I'm not suggesting that a source be eliminated, I am suggesting that posts should be based on original sources, not sources that twist them for an agenda.

Exactly, and me, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Other websites I visit have the same problem. People are literally going crazy. One website I know, it's all been the same posters for 10-15 years now. Over the past couple years the tone has gradually shifted, and is radically shifting now. I just read a thread on that forum where people are calling for the widespread execution of Muslims, and to remove gun rights... but only from blacks. These are people that a few months ago I thought were completely level headed.

Or another example, I was out last night and some guy at another table was also out with his family. The guy was a former marine and was quite loud throughout my entire meal about how real marines won't deal with this #, and it's a good thing this town doesn't have black people (it actually doesn't, it's 99% white), because he would love to show them what real oppression is like. Followed by his tirade about all the things we need to do to Muslims.

Radicalization exists in many forms, and it's happening.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Radicalization exists in many forms, and it's happening.

Which is why ATS needs to formulate a policy that will allow free expression while filtering out the flagrant lies. Alex Jones has an agenda that calls for the end of the United States and its liberal democratic values*. He has proven time and again that he is willing to lie and twist facts to con people into bringing his goal to fruition.

I think the problems here could be addressed by tightening up T&C to make posters link to primary sources. If someone tweets something, link to the tweet, not what some blogger says about it. If a pol makes a speech, link to the speech, not some out-of-context sound bite... that sort of thing.

*I use this in the traditional sense of lightly regulated market economies and representative government bound by the rule of law. I shouldn't have to explain this, but nowadays....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Seems you have a liberal bias.

Typical liberals.. wanting to ban peoples opinions.

If anything the woman in that thread you linked to really, really deserves some hate. In my opinion she deserves to get hear ass beat but that is illegal. Typical racist black person blaming her failures on the white man.

In navigating being fat, my Blackness affects how my beauty, desire, worthiness, class status, and humanity is seen. I am dehumanized at every intersection because my body, my race, and my perceived gender (read as a cisgender woman but not respected like a thin woman). Often, I’m denied sympathy because Black fat femmes are not seen as innocent, worthy human beings deserving of love and care. In my navigation, I’m constantly fighting to have my agender identity recognized because my fat body represents fullness that emulates the idea of womanhood, while also emulates an anti-Black trope of a mammy. This is also complicated by how my body represents de-sexualization due to this idea of my body representing mammy characteristics, while also layering the reality that my Blackness and fatness have skewed my age/ perceived age of consent by men who view my body as too woman-like/ too old when I was a child. My queerness is often denied as well within the intermingling of these components because my sexuality is ultimately queered through the lens of fatness representing layers of sexualization and sexual violence based on the gazer - I’m constantly proving and naming myself in spaces against what my body is codified as.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read.. this woman probably wants to dictate the sexual attraction of people, if they're not attracted to her because she's fat they're discriminating against her. Sizism and lookism is next people, you'll be a bigot for not finding the ugly SJW's attractive.
edit on 18-7-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Gay ass sizism..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join