It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism, Us vs Them, and Useful Idiots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is not a rant, this is level-headed thinking. SNIP

I see you, your family, your friends...and I....as equal. Equal in what we deserve. Equal in what we have the innate right to claim for ourselves.

I believe we all have the right to live free, live without pain, live without fear.

And guess what, I would defend your rights to these things.

But......convicting me for crimes that someone else of my shared pigmentation (or any other factor, really) and assigning guilt?

No, I won't stand for that. Funny, I could have swore that was the precise definition of racism. Huh. Anyways...on with the "rant".

I do see a problem here. I do see people of certain groups that are apparently being targeted and treated unfairly.

But.......to take this out of context..... to label every single thing as racist..... simply because it doesn't agree with a popular narrative... is equally problematic.

What I see are people being manipulated. People allowing themselves to be useful idiots.

Not everything is black and white. There are very few walls to confine something in nature. In other words.....

This is not US vs THEM.... this is not "you agree with us wholeheartedly or you're a racist".....

Wake up. Smell the steaming crap that we are being sold wholesale by the MSM. Take note of the groups that are truly gaining from all of this.

Stop being a victim. Stop being a useful idiot.

edit on 14-7-2016 by nullafides because: Out damned squirrels, OUT!!!!

edit on 14-7-2016 by nullafides because: I'm gonna get me some SQUIRRELS!

edit on 7/14/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped insult directed at the volunteer moderation staff.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Do you believe there is a thing called "White Privilege"? When a white people succeed in life, it's because of their race or because of their hard work and God given skills?

Do you judge every white person who is successful as individual or do you see them for their shared pigmentation, with other successful people?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I'm placing it here because I feel that the brown-shirts would have moved it were I to have put it in the appropriate forum.

This ^ This made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

originally posted by: nullafides
I see you, your family, your friends...and I....as equal.

There's your problem right there. They don't consider things the same way you do. For them it's, "Me. Me. ME!!!"

I'm ignoring 'those types' from now on.

Nice Rant.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I was approached last year on the street by a local social worker who was asking citizens to rate social issues on her paper from one to ten of importance.

The paper was mostly filed with leading questions about white privilege and how best to acknowledge that black lives are disadvantaged by white bias. This was from a city employee.

I scolded her for pushing an agenda and asked her if she thought that my being white was why i spent 3 months homeless. She wasn't backing down and insisted that my imput would be helpful.

I took the paper and wrote suck it! Across the top. She was pretty offended. But not as much as i was for being accused of racism for the Color of my skin before i had my morning coffee. After she walked away my barista had a good laugh.

She was around 23 and white. I live in a very diverse town. Race doesn't get you the job. Your qualifications do. It's one of the reasons i live in this town. The city condoning that survey angered me but i calmed down and went back to work.

edit on 07Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:28:55 -0500920167America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

The ugly truth is that we will always have racism, sexism, a multitude of -isms.

To forcefully eliminate it is to dictate how and what a person can "think".

We should just accept the fact that it exists and move on. We can make laws against it in hiring and how people treat each other, but we'll never change how people think.

And that's the issue here, in my opinion.

The current society is trying to change how people think.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The whole thing is a farce people.

First off there is no us versus them.

Here in the worlds first UNION much like that of the european union. The first one in all reality.

A bunch of people that lived in countries called states form a super economic zone. That's lasted for over 200 years.

There is no black,whites, hispanics,asians, and the list goes on.

There are Californians,Texans,Hoosiers, and the list goes on.

That people is 'race'.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We should just accept the fact that it exists and move on. We can make laws against it in hiring and how people treat each other, but we'll never change how people think.

The current society is trying to change how people think.

by that logic people "think" that black people should still be slaves. and women dont deserve the right to vote right?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

They can "think" how ever they wish.

Our society isn't the thought police.

We already have laws as to how people act towards one another.

I don't want to see a society where "thought" is policed.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm relatively certain that Iceland would disagree with you. Their union, complete with a constitution, has been going strong since the year 930.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you dont want to see a society where "thought" is policed. or "hateful thought"

i think what you really mean is you want to freely think as a hateful individual?

because no one is going to police good thoughts right? it makes no sense.

well guess what its a natural phenomena that those with negative energy are dealt with in life. maybe you should learn to realign your mind with more positive thoughts and no one will be out to get you or "police your negative thoughts"

you are attracting peoples criticism to yourself for being so hateful. its no ones fault but your own...

we can change peoples thoughts because the whole society does not want to be miserable. a society is supposed to run smoothly like a machine. if there are rusty cogs in the machine they will be replaced. just like new positive thoughts replace old miserable negative thoughts.

how do you think the laws on how people are supposed to act toward one another got changed in the first place

it all started with a (positive)THOUGHT.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What the #### are you going on about?

I'm a racist now? Get over yourself!

You cannot FORCE people to THINK a certain way.

You can't.

But by me saying that, I'm racist?

Your argument is as weak as your accusations.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Do you believe there is a thing called "White Privilege"? When a white people succeed in life, it's because of their race or because of their hard work and God given skills?

Do you judge every white person who is successful as individual or do you see them for their shared pigmentation, with other successful people?

If I am guilty of anything...it is intellectualism and perfectionism.

"When a white people succeed in life" ? Really? Ok...nevermind...I'll translate internally so as to be able to continue digesting what you have to say....

"it's because of their race or because of their hard work and God given skills?" ? Wha? Oooookkkaay.....

First of all..."race"....is a fallacy....at best, an utter misnomer. German Shepards and Poodles are not separate "races"....they are dogs. Dogs with different physiological traits, bred into them, from generation and generation of environmental influences. But...still dogs.

I am of Scottish, Irish, Sioux, Cherokee, English, and Dutch heritage. In that order of predominance.

I, am human.

Being of a light pinkish skin tone, caucasian by definition or label, does not define who or what I am any more than someone being of brown to dark brown skin tone defines who or what they are.

We, are humans.

So...there is no such thing as "white privilege"....as much as there is no such thing as "black lack of privilege".

God had nothing to do with my personal successes or failures in life. Even if "God" were real, he/she/it would have zero impact.

Do I judge every white person? No.

Do I judge, prevent, or impede anyone from getting ahead? No.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yepp....

You's racist.

Want a cookie?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yepp....

You's racist.

Want a cookie?

Yes.

I need a cookie.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

What you are failing to do, is failing to understand how you yourself are falling victim to the US vs THEM aspect of what I address in my OP.

You are immediately lumping DBCowboy into the white sheet wearing crowd, simply because you don't like some of his thoughts.

I, as well as anyone else (except DBCowboy, he's a DIRTY STEENKIN RACIS!)..... has the freedom to think whatever in the hell we want.

rac·ism ˈ

rāˌsizəm/ noun noun: racism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

- prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I don't like your smug, fake, socially acceptable views. I think you've shown yourself to be a rather pathetic and highly deluded individual.

But, I am not racist. I am not saying it is because you are "X" from a physical standpoint. Nor am I saying that I am somehow superior to you.

And once we drop this "race" crap...and consider that we are all the same....well then, maybe we can move on to your horrible outlook. Maybe then we can truly address it.

You are as free to be as much of a bleeding idiot as I, or anyone else in this world is.

You not seizing the right to do so.... allowing yourself to be the "victim"..... is a travesty.

DBCowboy is a spectacular and wonderful person. You are going off of kneejerk reactions, and labelling them.

The worst part of all of this...is you'll walk away, feeling smug in your own perceived righteousness.

And you won't have learned a single thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yepp....

You's racist.

Want a cookie?

Yes.

I need a cookie.

One oven-hot cookie sheet of BLACK & WHITE cookies..coming your way..... you racist you

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

by that logic people "think" that black people should still be slaves. and women dont deserve the right to vote right?

You're so cute, it's just adorable

Did your parents honestly let you loose in the big scary world thinking such things?

They deserve a firing line for the injustice they've done you.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I honestly don't think you're "getting" this thread at all.

If you're lost, raise a hand. Someone will help.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's nuts!

People actually are for controlling and policing thoughts.

Must be a timeline slip.

Where I come from, freedom was something people strove for.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

can you quote in that post where i said he is racist. the gist of my post is basically stating that people can be changed for the better. their thoughts can be influenced and changed. hateful thoughts can in fact be changed.

when people stop backing you and any "thoughts that you fear are being policed" up what are you going to do? stand alone. that usually doesnt work out that well.

and thanks to good old social media we have proof of all the nice things you want to hate about and it will be saved and shared forever

come talk to me in 20 years and tell me if your views that you hold today are working out for you? that is if you can even walk or talk or if you are even alive...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join