It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don't Want Cops To Shoot You, Don't Resist Arrest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I've been arrested loads of times in life from the age of 14.
Last time was a couple of years ago when the head of a security guard I was in dispute with connected with mine. Police of course arrested me when they arrived and I was released with no further action a few hours later.

I chuckled with the cops on the way to the station as I mocked them saying they had no chance of a conviction as the CCTV didn't see the incident and it was two men's words against each other.
I followed up with "The Crown Prosecution Service will laugh it out of their office for wasting tax payers money on such a flimsy case" they chuckled back.

You have no idea. It is massively different with UK police here, and I am experienced. Your world sounds crap.
Scared of the police? LMAO if it wasn't so tragic.

*Edit*
Oh, and my 'released with no further action' and 'not guilty' ratio compared to 'official caution' or 'guilty' in court is most excellent.
Silky words and a good memory win the day, and every police interview has been an almost amusing game.
My latest police mug-shot picture I am smiling. The cop told me I couldn't so I asked him to quote the law stating such because if ever I'm a wanted man then I don't want some miserable looking crim pic.
He chuckled and took the pic while I smiled happily.

It is massively different in the UK.
...and I wish it was the same for you.
edit on 13.7.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
And then when you try to tell this practical reality to the BLM types or the cowboy tough guys they roar: STOP BLAIMING THE VICTIM. OR..I WANT MY RIGHTS

It’s about surviving.

If a cop gets stupid get a good lawyer and sew

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

originally posted by: grainofsand

I've been arrested loads of times in life from the age of 14.

He's a recidivist. Let the troll starve.

This is not the United Kingdom. It's the United States. Contrary to the story you've been sold by the media, law abiding US citizens do not fear the cops.

edit on 13-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Generally this is true. Don't resist arrest and do as your told and you won't get beaten and shot.

However, there are plenty of instances of cops killing and beating people who are complying or are mentally ill or inebriated or disoriented or plain just following orders.

It's those instances. And the biggest thing is that we just want bad cops to be charged and convicted if they commit a crime and we want good cops to call out the bad cops. we don't want that thin blue line be there to let cops hide each other. Good movie about that is Serpico with Al Pacino.

If those two things happened we wouldn't be having this conversation and there would be no BLM movement.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Criminals and law abiding citizens don't fear the cops in the UK though, the average crim just fears the strength of the case they may have in court.
It is a different world.
I'd probably be # scared if youtube had UK cop brutality at the scale of the US...5 times the population but video numbers of cop rage and brutality does not reflect the difference.

I wish you had the non-scary game of cops and mouse that we have here.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: grainofsand

He's a recidivist. Let the troll starve.

I tried to ignore this but I felt drawn to respond.
I live a moral life but legislation does not always find agreement with how I conduct myself.
You may blindly follow 'the law' because it is the law, but I don't where it disagrees with me.

Be a controlled peasant if you like, I follow my own well reasoned moral and ethical code...because I can...because UK cops just aren't scary. They are professional, educated, and generally friendly just wanting an easy shift before going home to their families.

*Edit*
Oh, I like, and have massive respect for UK cops. Only this year I bumped into a lone cop walking the beat when I turned a corner in a shady backstreet, and the look of relief in his eyes when I smiled and started a conversation was noticeable.
I asked him how far he had to walk and he explained his beat area, I also said thanks for doing his job because it would be #ing carnage if they went on strike for a week. He laughed.
I told him if he's on the losing end with just his stick then I would fight for him because he would fight for me to save me from a kicking.
I thanked him again, we shook hands and parted.
Different worlds, and I wish you had similar to me.
edit on 13.7.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Pretty much sums it up. If you resist arrest be prepared to face the consequences. Unfortunately, it seems like its easier to play the victim or cqll someone a martyr than actually take responsibility for ones actions whether unjustly arrested or not. We have a legal system for a reason and if you are innocent you will have your day in court, a chance to defend yourself and most likely have charges dropped.

There are over 300 million people in our Amazing country and less that 500,000 cops. They will make mistakes sometimes, people with bad intentions will get hired regardless of thier race. Its human nature...we are far from perfect.

Personally I find it naieve that people think otherwise, we are not entitled to anything yet so many think they are. Life is tough and its never going to change, there will always be racists,murders, pedophiles in every level of politics, law enforcement, wherever we work attend church...shop...ect.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kdyam
a reply to: dreamingawake

Pretty much sums it up. If you resist arrest be prepared to face the consequences. Unfortunately, it seems like its easier to play the victim or cqll someone a martyr than actually take responsibility for ones actions whether unjustly arrested or not. We have a legal system for a reason and if you are innocent you will have your day in court, a chance to defend yourself and most likely have charges dropped.

There are over 300 million people in our Amazing country and less that 500,000 cops. They will make mistakes sometimes, people with bad intentions will get hired regardless of thier race. Its human nature...we are far from perfect.

Personally I find it naieve that people think otherwise, we are not entitled to anything yet so many think they are. Life is tough and its never going to change, there will always be racists,murders, pedophiles in every level of politics, law enforcement, wherever we work attend church...shop...ect.

The bigger question is why should the corruption be allowed to continue? Accepting things as they are when they are a pressing issue is what makes it worse in the end. Look at the Oakland PD for example at the crux of a corrupt entity.

Wish the many ill people or under a certain stress had the full capacity to know that they will be meant with death because that's how it is in the US. However, they do not.

edit on 13-7-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Can you believe we’ve gone from honorable causes like fighting for the right of black people to attend college to defending black criminals who foolishly mouth off against, run away from, and fight with the police; police who are putting their lives on the line to protect us from criminals?

Still holding true... 2020

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just want to remind everyone on this thread that at no time did George Floyd resist.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This dude just needs to shut up and anyone like him. There have been multiple instances where a civilian was shot and killed by a cop and they weren't resisting.

Breonna Taylor was sleeping in her own home! Get your head out of your ass John Gibbs.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

If You Don't Want Cops To Shoot You, Don't Resist Arrest

No need to capitalize Every Single Word in your title.

Are you saying cops have the right to shoot you if you resist arrest? Also, are you saying that shooting is the first and only response police is capable of / will predictably do if you resist arrest? They don't have any peaceful procedure to handle someone that 'resists arrest' (however this is interpreted or possibly defined by Black's Law Dictionary..)?

Are you saying all you have to do to commit a 'suicide-by-cop' is to resist arrest?

How convenient, now I know what I will do if the situation ever happens..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join