It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don't Want Cops To Shoot You, Don't Resist Arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's clear the media has you guys totally snowed. You think these are such popular occurrences but the reality is, it's just what the media grabs onto and shoves down your throat. Maybe you should stop swallowing.

"...in 2012, there were 12,197,000 arrests in the United States... and there were 410 uses of deadly force... that's three-thousands of a percent."

Fatal Police Shootings Occur In Tiny Percentage Of Arrests

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
It is that's why everyone is trying to come here.

Everyone?
Do you mean South Americans? You know, from worse #holes?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
So, just accept that then because that is how it is now days? Be arrested or die?

now days?
thats how its always been. thats how civilization continues to exist. if authority figures in a society detain you, you dont resist, especially if they have the option to use force up to and including whatever it takes to detain you..and with authority to use deadly force if presented with danger

Not draconian at all. How about mental illness or drug use(for example), that overtakes someone decision to resist arrest?

unfortunate, but not above the law

Especially don't call the police is someone is suicidal in your home if they are uncooperative because death by cop is certain.

unfortunate, but poop happens.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

Sounds #ing horrible in the US.

Because its even more #ing horrible in south America.

Luckily the UK has 5000 odd miles of ocean between it and south America.
We have enough people trying to get into our country already.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You think the only people coming here is from South America?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Soooo what happens when you do nothing wrong?

Oh ya this.....

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And you think the USA is the only place people are flocking too enmass from the 3rd world?

If you been watching the new you will notice hoards of million upon millions of refugees from the middle east anf africa trying to make there way into the rich European countrys

Plus why are we even having debate?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

If you resist arrest then the police will react accordingly-and so they should-however we need to recognize the fact that there are bad cops out there.

Years ago I was walking home minding my own business when I cop pulled up and grabbed my arms to check for puncture marks (which i did not have) and his parting words to me-and I quote verbatim-were "I will F***** jump you"

The sad but true fact is the officers surname is a synonym for dictator.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

So, just accept that then because that is how it is now days? Be arrested or die?

now days?
thats how its always been. thats how civilization continues to exist. if authority figures in a society detain you, you dont resist, especially if they have the option to use force up to and including whatever it takes to detain you..and with authority to use deadly force if presented with danger

Speaking of always been that way; If you're black and in certain parts of the South, it has always been that way.

Ask our non US, such as UK members, how cops don't use lethal means. The cops in the UK are more advanced than the US with this.

Not draconian at all. How about mental illness or drug use(for example), that overtakes someone decision to resist arrest?

unfortunate, but not above the law

Especially don't call the police is someone is suicidal in your home if they are uncooperative because death by cop is certain.

unfortunate, but poop happens.

Until it happens to you and yours. Fine continue to be insensitive wishing the best to you and others who think this way but you're not immune to it ever happening.

RIP... I mean poop happens.

edit on 12-7-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No, of course I don't, who do you think "everyone" is as you claimed?
I'd say they are mostly from [insert #hole country] but you may of course think differently.

Either way we are dangerously close to being off topic, and all I initially expressed was my happiness about living in a nation where pretty much nobody is scared of cops.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

No. I hear thats because of lead. Everyone wants to drink lead.

Seriously though... people from the 3rd world looking for a better life in the 2nd is nothing to be proud of.

On topic:

I agree with the UK posters. I recently learned that U.S. LEO training is sub-par.

There might be racial issues aswell (indirectly IMO), but the main issue is that you're not training your Police very well... and you're making people LEOs that wouldn't stand a chance to join the force in other 1st world nations.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sounds #ing horrible in the US.

People go to the US because it has 662 Military sites in 38 countries. Because the IMF was formed with the US as the base of operations, the IMF destabilizes countries by buying out their power structure, giving countries unpayable loans, and then whisking money away using secret banking systems while publicly declaring credit/default swaps will "help" the target nation fix the troubles it caused.

Tinfoil Hat Explanation.

In short though, people come to the US because their countries get desiccated by it, so they figure why not go to the place that destroyed everything they once new. Obviously that's the place to be. There is after all, the power centre of what took over their independence, residing somewhere in that far off land.

The problem is the people who run the US are the same people who run all the other places. They just have their headquarters there, it doesn't mean some wayward refugee is ever going to make it in there, and the false image of "The American Dream" doesn't help either. They still push this to increase the cognitive dissonance among the people so they don't revolt against the very system that is destroying any hope they'd ever have achieving anything remotely similar to the fabled American Dream.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wait?
What?
Are we talking about that public force, payed by citizen taxes, that are supposed to protect you and your freedom?
Sorry i dont understand, public security police should first treat any person with dignity and respect, this one is under the Human rights, and then should treat any citizen of his country as innocent until proven diferent. And when proved diferent, there are procedures in the west civilised world to still keep at least the human rights, or not?
Your statement sounds like your talking about some dangerous people, when you see them: dont speak, dont move, do exactly as they say, cause they can indeed shoot you...

edit on 9585931x0000005104pm731 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Until it happens to you and yours. Fine continue to be insensitive wishing the best to you and others who think this way but you're not immune to it ever happening.

RIP... I mean poop happens.

Oh, no, neve4rmind..for you, if you so much as even get pulled over for a speeding infraction, you should totally 100% pull out a pistol and start shooting.
lemme know how that goes.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
as a white boy, I have never resisted, confident that if there was a misunderstanding, it could get worked out in court

other groups probably don't share my confidence in the courts

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Soooo what happens when you do nothing wrong?

Oh ya this.....

what happens, according to that video, is a cop gets in big trouble and no doubt the woman will get a nice fat paycheck.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
as a white boy, I have never resisted, confident that if there was a misunderstanding, it could get worked out in court

other groups probably don't share my confidence in the courts

As someone smart enough to know the consequences of actions, I know fighting a cop will only end with a severe beatdown for me at best, but quite possibly me in a bodybag..so, dont fight, let the court sort it out and let me continue to breath.

Some people disagree

I encourage them to fight with cops. this is how the human race gets smarter. darwinism.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty
Wait?
What?
Are we talking about that public force, payed by citizen taxes, that are supposed to protect you and your freedom?
Sorry i dont understand, public security police should first treat any person with dignity and respect, this one is under the Human rights, and then should treat any citizen of his country as innocent until proven diferent. And when proved diferent, there are procedures in the west civilised world to still keep at least the human rights, or not?
Your statement sounds like your talking about some dangerous people, when you see them: dont speak, dont move, do exactly as they say, cause they can indeed shoot you...

#ing shame man x

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

they disagree because the white cops always get off

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wow...be happy as chief peasant...that's all you are.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join