It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night of Chaos in Minnesota

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

**licks fingers and wipes residual ice cream cookie sandwich stuff on pants....**

let's go!!!

Okay, I have here in front of me, a Bible. The following is on the frontispiece.

Self-Pronouncing Reference Edition

The HOLY BIBLE

Revised Standard Version

Containing the Old and New Testaments.

Translated from the original tongues being the version set forth A.D.1611

Revised A.D. 1881-1885 and A.D. 1901

Compared with the most ancient authorities and revised revised A.D. 1946-1952

[little tree logo] The World Publishing Company, Cleveland and New York

copyright is 1962."

Will that do? Or do I need a newer textbook?

This one is used, by the way.

edit on 7/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have the mind of Christ and you have the mind of a man.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's because they're probably communist degenerates. Violence is a staple of the left in Europe.

a reply to: TonyS

Hippies did that? Whole cities burned?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What ever Bible you're comfortable with.

Have you read the outline.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

this is why Paul gave instruction on it in 1 Cor 14. He said, that if a stranger came in and all were speaking in tongues without an interpretation they would think they were made. And you response echoes that very concern.

See my study outline on page five.

edit on 16-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The 60s weren't so long ago, you would think those lessons wouldn't have been forgotten.

Merlin had it down. While a sane being would remember victories hard won, it is the doom of men that they forget.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Those of us who grew up in the 70's saw great racial harmony and equality. What you are seeing today is not Racial inequality but criminals wanting to war against Police and groups of people who want to claim racial grievance where they have none.

What the problem is they want to blame the white man for all their problems. While having their Iphones, Tablets, and bling. No white man put a gun to their head and forced them to procreate in the way black men have and then forsake those children to the realm of public community parenting because they wont be a responsible man to marry the woman and raise responsible and respectful children.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
See my study outline on page five.

I think I will take a pass on summer bible camp.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Well thank you for being an adult about it seeing it was Buzzywigs who asked for the teaching.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Well thank you for being an adult...

I resent that remark. I am as juvenile as they come.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Wait - what?

I asked you to tell us your stories that you said you could tell us. I did NOT ask you to school me on the Bible and what "tongues" means. You failed on both counts. You failed to understand my meaning, and you failed to share your stories. You used it as an excuse to make a thread to 'preach' in. I answered you over there.

Do not blame this on me. You've known my stance for months now. I got my dusty Bible off the shelf just to humor you - I don't intend to read it cover to cover, or to spend my valuable time trying to "believe" it or "make sense" of it.

Any 6th grader can understand it, you said - you must, then, think that we are all mentally retarded and incapable of thinking even at a sixth-grade level. That is insulting, and incorrect at the same time.

Why don't you understand that you are speaking to people who've already graduated from the ridiculous fantasies and are far beyond The Bible? We are so over it!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I did NOT ask you to school me on the Bible and what "tongues" means.

Exactly. If anyone is going to get involved in tongue business with you it is me.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigsit is in that teaching about what these churches teach and that is what stories I had the unbiblical practice of hundreds of people speaking in unknown tongues and no one interpreting as the Bible teaches and that there was more than three in an assembly doing it, also against the word of God.

So you got the story your heart so desired and the teaching that proves it is wrong according to the scriptures.

You got the best of both world my friend.

I am sure your heart would have rather heard gossiping on how the preacher ran off with his secretary and left his family. Or how the elder stole money form the church and spent it on finding buried treasure, or how the music director molested young men and women, and the many other atrocities that have taken place across the denominational spectrum. And all that is just as unbiblical as the practice of unknown tongues without interpretation and more than three in an assembly are.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I am sure your heart would have rather heard gossiping on how the preacher ran off with his secretary and left his family. Or how the elder stole money form the church and spent it on finding buried treasure, or how the music director molested young men and women, and the many other atrocities that have taken place across the denominational spectrum.

Do who in the what now?!!!

No - you are wrong. I don't want to hear all the gossip about imperfect people who are hypocrites. I know all about that.
I wanted to hear your stories about what you witnessed. You know - "witnessing" - isn't that what you all like to do?

Alas, people do those things whether they are in churches or not. People not in churches do the same thing. We are humans. It amazes me how you, and others on this board decide for me what I'd "like" or what I'd "rather."

What I'd really "like" and what my heart would rather "hear" is that you all realize you are wrong, that you are not born filthy sinners, that we all will get there; that you are not special, or chosen, or right, or better or worse than people of other faiths. You just think that you are, and sadly many of you use that as an excuse to do whatever the hell you please because you are "saved" just by saying "I believe Jesus died for us so I will go to heaven but you won't because you're a wanton heathen. My mistakes are forgiven - yours are not."

THAT is what I'd really like and what my heart wants to "hear" - that you divorce all of that bronze age manipulative dogma and realize it for what it is: words penned or chiseled or printed - words that MEN invented and ideas that MEN invented; God does not speak to us in language, or in books. All of that stuff is just propaganda and manipulation intended to confuse, easy to corrupt, easier still to misinterpret, and worst of all - to hurt others.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You know when I feel closest to the divine? When I'm riding my mare in the forest down by the river, with only her and my dog as companions. When I'm sailing across the water and the sun is starting to set in a frenzy of glorious color..

When I hear music from a symphony, or listen to someone sing, or watch them dance - or when I've altered my perceptions on purpose and sit outside and listen to the birds, the breezes, the bugs, children laughing. Or sitting atop a mountain and gazing out over a crystal blue lake with snowy peaks beyond it. When snow falls and whitens everything into silent reverie. That's when I feel closest to the Divine. You can have your stupid book and your glorious buildings - your tended landscaping and bouncy-house-included open houses (like the Evangelicals next door are doing RIGHT NOW).....

I have no use for, nor need for any of that. Neither does God. "God" is not impressed.

edit on 7/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I feel next to God just sitting in my car driving home from work. Or when I am just listening to some good classical music. I feel next to God in many of the everyday mundane things I do and experience.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well, you know what? Me, too! Huh!!!! Who woulda thunk?!

Yep. Except I call that feeling something else. More like "angels" - a presence of benevolence and protection. It's not "Jesus", or Buddha, or any 'person' whatsoever. We all have it! We all have it, it is part and parcel of who we are. Because we are all part of it.

We are all connected. Fractals of a magnificent whole, the barest part of which we are only beginning to understand. We've come a long way, but we are by no means "done" with exploring our home, our existence, our universe.

I think actually your "God" or "Jesus" would prefer us to continue acquainting ourselves with the intricacies and mind-blowing goings on that this world and existence offer us. We don't even know what's at the bottom of the ocean, or much about what's out there in the sky. We are tiny, but aware.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I mean I talk to him throughout my day even when I am posting with you. I am always in his presence because of Christ Jesus, His spirit never leaves me for it abides in me. Christ is ever present in me for he too resides in me. As a matter of Bible truth they all live in me and every other truly saved Chrsitian

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My 2 cents.

BLM, Panthers, ISIS or whatever Powers That wanna Be. They know if Trump gets in they won't be able to get away with anymore of their murderous BS. Obama just sits back and does nothing as Hillary would. Apologizing to criminals for murdering innocent law enforcers.

I just sit back as an observer. Watching the predictable carnage resulting from Obama's attitude and policies. The only one that could out do Obama's failure to control these wanna be dictators, is (his co conspirator) Hillary Clinton.

Just sit back and stay out of it. Don't let it escalate to martial law and a possible extension of Obama and co. Trump wins the White House all chaos will be restored to normal good times.

Hillary Clinton wins and you will be battling ISIS in your living room.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join