It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night of Chaos in Minnesota

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The Gay.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Remember what we are instructed to do with people like WB and AOG and those who would put us under the doctrines of men

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

edit on 13-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Remember what we are instructed to do with people like WB and AOG and those who would put us under the doctrines of men

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Time to move on. Arguing someone who quotes scripture for their argument is futile as eff.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Opinionated aren't we. Well at least you have one.
I believe scripture is good.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
2 Timothy 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Opinionated aren't we. Well at least you have one.
I believe scripture is good.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
2 Timothy 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

And I agree scripture is good. When it comes to you and you alone. When used to prove a point of to try and educate, its quite literally the definition of meaningless.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I thought you were going to tell us some stories, ChesterJohn.
You said you had stories to tell. So - you don't? Or, you're not gonna?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

No I didn't say I was going to tell you I said, "I COULD tell you some stories" but I am not going too. As I already have shared in other threads about those unbiblical practices.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I have the mind of Christ and you have the mind of a man.

1Cor 2:14-16 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
So no it is good all the time.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"I COULD tell you some stories" but I am not going too. As I already have shared in other threads about those unbiblical practices.

OOohhhhh!!!!!! Okay. So, I get it.

You said you "could"....
and I said "oh, please do!"....
(I was actually interested in hearing your stories, man!)

But now, you're saying no, you won't address the WBC and AOG stuff, because...................

[ball in your court now]

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well for one is it not more than gossip?

Are you really wanting to know how speaking in tongues in an assembly without an interpretation and not more than three at any one assembly is unbiblical?

And how if that tongue is not interpreted that person is to never be allowed to speak in tongues in the assembly again?

Read 1 Cor 14 for yourself then go to one of their churches and you tell me.

And that is just one practice.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well for one is it not more than gossip?

You said, "I could tell you some stories..."

so....you're not gonna, I see.
That's fine.

Are you really wanting to know how speaking in tongues in an assembly without an interpretation and not more than three at any one assembly is unbiblical?

Yes! And I want to broadcast it across the known universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read 1 Cor 14 for yourself then go to one of their churches and you tell me.

And that is just one practice.

NO. You tell me.

You're on here to tell me.
So -------- tell me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
No you teach yourself. If I do it for you, you learn nothing. Do your own study and visit those churches and then come to the conclusions of what the Bible says and what they teach.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

And how if that tongue is not interpreted that person is to never be allowed to speak in tongues in the assembly again?

What is this? Some made up rules for a religious-themed RPG?

What if I make my save versus dogma?

edit on 14-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

hah! Some teacher. I ask you a question, and you tell me to go look it up?

I am looking it up - and you being the expert, I'm asking YOU.
Fail.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Nikola014

Protesters in Greece, Italy, Spain and France use them every time.

And in Afghanistan they stone woman to death because they got raped on a weekly basis so that makes it alright to do anywhere in the world. They were just "protesting" against sex outside of marriage.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 14 Jul 2016 09:14:23 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

BWiggs, you don't care for me to teach you.

I remember how you acted when I tried to get you to write out what you saw in the picture.

Unless you are s=willing to really learn I would take the time. But I know better with you.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
read the book and chapter. It is easy to say something is a dogma but what we are talking about is a teaching by Paul to the church that was having this problem in 46-62 AD. So before you label anything you need to go and read it. It is easy that even a 10 year old could understand it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Why do I need to read anything to understand that talking in tongues means someone is mental?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Right. I did behave disrespectfully about your house picture.

Now I've come back to class, hoping you can provide something a little less biased. No?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ok, If you are serious and not trying to bait me to ridicule me or bash me. I ask one thing. You have a Bible with you and you look at the scriptures I am using.

I may have posted this online somewhere but this is my copy from my study series as we went through the Bible. It would be a little different than any I may have placed online.

I will try to keep this outline short and simple. This is my Understanding of what the Scriptures say plainly about the Three types of tongues found in the Bible. One is a Sign gift (for Israel), one is a Spiritual gift (this is for the church), and one in a Selfish use of Tongues (there is no interpretation and only benefits and edifies the one who is using it.)

I had always wondered if tongues are not needed why did Paul mention them as a spiritual gift, and that when done properly would bring edification to the church. I discovered that by rightly dividing tongues I found there were three types of usage of tongues in the New Testament.

I. The Sign Gift of Tongues
Interesting enough the sign gift in every example needed no interpretation all who heard understood what was said.

Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Acts 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.
Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
(though we are not told what the prophecy was the only way they would know it was a prophecy is if they knew what was being said).

II The Spiritual Gift of Tongues
The spiritual gift needs an interpretation and it is connected with interpretation in 1Cor 12:10, all Paul's instructions insist that there be an interpretation. The reason being that the church would be edified and profit from what is being spoken which is the purpose of the gift.

1Cor 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Cor 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
1Co 14:9-11 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
1Cor 14:12, 13 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
1Cor 14:27, 28 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

III The Selfish use of tongues
The this use of tongues has no interpretation. And its use goes against the Lords purpose for giving it.

1Cor 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself.
1Cor 14:12-14 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Cor 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
1Cor 14:22, 23 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
1Cor 14:27, 28 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
Clearly those who practice speaking in unknown tongues in the assembly of believers without an interpretation are in disobedience to Gods word. And if there be more than three speaking in tongues in the assembly they are in disobedience to Gods word as well.

Another interesting thing is only the sign gift has Biblical examples. The interpreted tongue has no example of any saint using it (now I could be wrong but I haven't found it yet). And the unknown tongue has no Biblical example all we have is Paul's word saying it was done. Of course it means it more than likely it was done, and it would also mean the spiritual gift and its interpretation was most likely done also.

So in short, the sign gift needs no interpretation, the spiritual gift needs an interpretation and the unknown tongue has no interpretation anf therefore Paul says it should not be done in the assembly.

Buzzy, I hope this is what you were looking for.

God bless your reading of his word.

edit on 14-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join