It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Pretty sure gun companies are just making a killing off ill informed sheeples

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The laws on the books would, in an ideal world, be sufficient to deal with the issue of illegal weapons--if this were an ideal world. We both know it's not. ...and yet another law will make not a dent in the availability of illegal weapons, and you very well know that--I'm not going to play word games with you.

Laws are for law abiding citizens. Not criminals--criminals by their very nature don't follow laws, you honestly think more laws will suddenly have them seeing the light? So, being that law abiding citizens generally obey the laws...it would follow that there a enough laws. It's the enforcement of said laws that is, shall we say, lacking.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

As soon as that's done, the Black Market will adapt. Of that, I have no doubt. Too much money for it not to.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The law says shall not be infringed. Anything hindering the purchase of any firearm is an infringement. This includes having to fill out a form for a “background check” (which amounts to asking permission), restrictions of caliber or type of firearm, restrictions on magazine size and restrictions on type or quantity of ammunition. Infringements would also include any existing tax such as the Pittman-Robertson Act or any other taxes that would raise the cost of ownership.

The problem with “gun violence” has nothing to do with firearms but has everything to do with individual behavior and personal responsibility. If you want to properly address the problem focus on the behavior not on the hardware.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

its dependent on the county, but ever since the ruling by the ninth circuit, most counties are now being more lax in issuing CCWs.

Although Riverside county are being dicks and the wait time for an appt is like 18 months right now.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

no you don't, it isn't the movies, you don't EVER give up your gun, lol....

If you do, you're an idiot. You don't ever put your, or your loved ones lives in someone else's hands, that's the same pussy mindset that suggests you should roll into a ball, let them take all your stuff, and hope they don't decide to kill you anyways to get rid of any witnesses or just because they're crazy...lol

Jaden

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

well, then you obviously haven't listened to Trump...He's never lumped all brown people together. lol

Jaden

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

doesn't matter. Gun control of any kind, limiting arms of any kind is antithetical to the second amendment and its purpose. If you or anyone else wants to have gun control, do it the right way and get 2/3rds of both houses and 3/4ths of the people to agree with you, otherwise, get lost...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So it's only when it comes to guns that this should apply? If you listen to people like Trump you can lump all brown people into one because of the actions of a few. Interesting how different logic is applied by some for different issues. Thus NO logic imo.

Gun Control has been around a lot longer than Trump( don't see the relevance) to the thread.

So have brown people?

Intrepid makes a valid point.

It is a painfully hypocritical stance to complain that legitimate gun owner's are being unfairly lumped together with criminals and mass shooters...whilst cheering for Trumpian policies calling for banning all Muslims from entering the country and "investigating" American-Muslims.

But more to the truth...it is false, hyperbolic nonsense to claim that their is a campaign to take guns away from legitimate gun owners when in reality all anyone is asking for is a definition of "legitimate" gun owners that does not include terrorists, criminals or the mentally ill....aka...rational, effective and reasonable background screenings.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I have had and have a weapon on me everywhere but the shower (then it is on the counter) for more than 20 years. Condom theory, have but not need rather than need but not have. Stop 2 muggings, 1 armed robbery, one burglary of a residence and a car jacking, all by being prepared. Think for a moment, what may have happened if I wasn't in the right place at the right time with a weapon?

S&F

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Sad situation. I feel sorry for you US folks so brainwashed WRT guns.

Tomorrow I will go to ASDA for my paper and I will see ZERO guns. I will pass the Police Station where every cop is unarmed. I will go to work on Monday and pass people in cars and cops in cars and observe ZERO guns.

On the news today and tomorrow I might read about a gun related crime but I will probably have to wait a few months.

You pro gun US folks are off your heads and you still can't see it. WHY? How many dead people before DUH!!!!!!!

The drug war here makes banning guns dangerous.

The criminals will be armed(to protect their drugs,trafficked women,etc) and will prey on the law abiding public.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Every single person's right to live without fear of getting shot is also on the line here. It's time for this country's interests to be handle by people who aren't gun nuts. There's no need for Mr and Mrs Average to have an AR15, or hundreds of weapons stock piled somewhere. It's funny to think these so-called 'patriots' would create some sort of armed resistance to stricter gun control. Big talking blow hards who've never stared down the barrel of a loaded rifle pointed at them. I'm not worried though. The attitude of MOST of the country, (not the paranoid gun-lovers of ATS, of course, who can't sleep without their fingers on their triggers), is moving toward stricter gun control. Can't happen fast enough. If you gun crazies want to fight that, have at it. Fewer armed zealots would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Every single person's right to live without fear of getting shot is also on the line here.

Isn't that already ILLEGAL ?

(post by cavtrooper7 removed for a manners violation)
(post by TownCryer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Go to your safe zone to get pinned down...RUN AWAY and cry about something YOU can't and will not touch.
Grow up.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Is fear illegal? I don't think so. If it were, the NRA would be illegal. Fear is their biggest marketing tool. Without fear the NRA and gun manufactures wouldn't be able to make you think you need as many weapons as you can afford. Without fear the NRA wouldn't be able to convince you that anyone who tries to talk about sensible gun laws is trying to enslave you. The real manipulators here is the NRA and the gun manufactures - the people getting rich over your fears. The people who don't care if you''re doing the shooting, or if you're getting shot at. Either way, they still make a profit.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'll run away from you, like most of your neighbors, I assume.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Funny I am NOT connected to the NRA,Republicans or any faction but those I trust ,which would be only VETS.
And damned few, when I say no one ,OF COURSE that includes family, if I consider them dangerous to the flag.
WHAT AM I now, WHATS my demographic say?
We don't shoot cops ,wipe out liberal factions or join activist groups(THAT'S NUTS to us...it would get in the way of our combat skills and water them down to YOUR level,that 's for pogues and loosers) in fact we are right now JUST sitting here waiting... and cleaning our tools of the trade...which qWE will keep because you and yours lack the conviction to fight us EVEN on a social level..pussies who fold.
I couldn't care LESS about your politics, I see what is happening and CIVILIANS are dropping the ball.

HURRY up lets get it OVER WITH.
edit on 11-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They laugh and call me teddy bear,they get me.
I'D GLADLY mangle ANYONE WHO MAKES that little black girl cry I STUDIED Martial arts and learned how to fight in Korean bars.
WHERE I married my BEAUTIFUL ex whom I unfortunately will always love but appears to be bi polar so she left me during DesertStorm so Ian't a BIGOT THAT will knock out a prime suspect for another "Alynski" attempt.
I am cleared for sanity by the Denver VA head of Psychiatry.
So I'm afraid YOU are nothing to worry about.
edit on 11-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join