It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Calls for strict gun control following a deadly week in America come despite new statistics that show gun deaths plummeting as sales of firearms soar.

According to the industry's trade group, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, homicides by gun have dropped 43 percent since 1991. Other crime with a gun such as robberies have decreased even more, by 70 percent since 1993.

In a graphic display of the numbers, NSSF also showed that unintentional deaths with a gun have dropped 82 percent.

Along the way, gun sales have soared to 140 million a year.

And 41 percent of Americans say they have a gun in their home.

NSSF said the statistics back Anderson up. "One thing is clear — punishing the law-abiding firearms owners in the U.S. and the federally-regulated firearms and ammunition industry for the criminal acts of terrorists and madmen cannot be justified by data."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I agree.

Please look at the charts in this source.

Obama answer is, Let's make it near impossible for law biding citizens to buy guns and ammo. However, criminals will always get guns, anything they want, and all the ammunition that one can carry.

Sure we are witnessing more mass shootings, my "opinion" is some of these shootings are defiantly being carried out by our corrupt government FBI, CIA.

Why I believe this? Because there is to much secrecy and lack of evidence, and blocking of freedom of information concerning some of these shootings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Furthermore, in my 58 years I am witnessing more "mass shootings then ever before. I find it very interesting that all these mass shooting are coming while the Obama Administration has spent 8 years chopping away at the second Amendment.

Over 20 years ago these kinds of mass shooting were unheard of. Something changed, what is it? Again it's my "opinion" that something really stinks here.

After spending many years researching NWO, and it is very real folks, one "must" remove all guns from the Nations, the fact is you cannot control people who are armed.

We have seen, read, and watch so much corruption in our government recently ( Hillary emails, Fast & furious ) also working with many giant corporation who are not Americans.

I believe the 1 % is working with the CIA, and have created this war. To get total control of a country one must pit the people against authority, such as police officers.

The end game will be to remove all police departments for good and bring in the UN. Laws have already been past for this already, and many threads have been done about Obama allowing the UN to come and police the United States under Martial Law.

Think you have a police State Now, you have seen nothing compared to whats really coming.

So ATS, what is your "opinions" that most of us Americans should keep our guns, and protect the second Amendment from enemies from "within" our country?

edit on 9-7-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sad situation. I feel sorry for you US folks so brainwashed WRT guns.

Tomorrow I will go to ASDA for my paper and I will see ZERO guns. I will pass the Police Station where every cop is unarmed. I will go to work on Monday and pass people in cars and cops in cars and observe ZERO guns.

On the news today and tomorrow I might read about a gun related crime but I will probably have to wait a few months.

You pro gun US folks are off your heads and you still can't see it. WHY? How many dead people before DUH!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As an outsider from the UK, i think you should be able to keep your guns, of course securely locked up till a threat comes your way.

Over here were aloud guns just not in the same capacity, merely for hunting and shooting range etc, with proper licences or we'd get locked up, guess that's the same in the US?

But of course we in the UK don't need guns "yet" as I've never seen any threats around me ever, but that's our situation not yours.
edit on 9-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This bears repeating, and can not be quoted enough.

"One thing is clear — punishing the law-abiding firearms owners in the U.S. and the federally-regulated firearms and ammunition industry for the criminal acts of terrorists and madmen cannot be justified by data."

Stop treating over 330 million Americans like they are TERRORISTS, and push draconian laws like the PATRIOT ACT to justify authoritarianism.

IF you were once against GW stop acting like him.

Every single persons CIVIL LIBERTIES are on the line here.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Every single persons CIVIL LIBERTIES are on the line here.

Absolutely!

Americans are fools to believe freedom is just that.

You have to fight for freedoms, there are always tyrants who get in power who want to destroy your freedoms these tyrants do not work for We The People, they work for the 1% as Obama, and George Bush well demonstrated.

Both Presidents spit on the Constitutions,by passing illegal laws against it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe I'm lazy but I don't want to have a gun and have to carry it with me at all times.....always on edge and ready to shoot. I don't want to live like that.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I quite agree with you Informer1958. I think those outside the US fail to realize that the criminals have always had and will always have ways to get and keep guns here. Even if the government takes all of the ones they can find away.

The bad guys will always hide them, import them, keep them and pass them around no matter what. And as long as the criminals have them...so will we.

Thank you sir, for the thread here.

MS
CPL/CCW License Holder

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
its hell to get a gun in Cali. I can't imagine the hoops to jump to get a permit.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I always do, am never on edge, and you miss the point entirely.

We carry because we don't WANT to use them. But, its gotten so bad, that if someone tries to kill me, my wife, family, neighbors or even YOU...we won't let them.

We carry not because we are trigger happy...but because if someone is going to DIE RIGHT NOW...it wont be us...or you.

We wont let you..or anyone else...die.

***PS My wife was held up by two lowlifes in my nice westside neighborhood driveway. If I'd have been with her...she wouldnt have been.
edit on 9-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Yep, and then along comes a thug with a knife to your loved one's throat, and you give your 'locked away' guns up as if they were your last breath. ALL U.S. citizens (REGARDLESS of 'race') who are sane and legally capable of purchasing a gun should get safety training and get armed. The NWO agenda MUST fail! The arms are for the freedom of ALL citizens (NOT 'subjects')! BTW, the REAL culprits are the bonfire-stoking MEDIA!!! Yes, both sides DO need to calm down, civs and cops, but cops DO need re-training NOT to go deadly-force at the first opportunity! They have also been a separate culture all their own for FAR TOO LONG! Many believe themselves to be gods. They should remember: 'if you can make god bleed, people cease to believe in him.'

edit on 7/9/2016 by WAstateMosin because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
This bears repeating, and can not be quoted enough.

"One thing is clear — punishing the law-abiding firearms owners in the U.S. and the federally-regulated firearms and ammunition industry for the criminal acts of terrorists and madmen cannot be justified by data."

Stop treating over 330 million Americans like they are TERRORISTS, and push draconian laws like the PATRIOT ACT to justify authoritarianism.

So it's only when it comes to guns that this should apply? If you listen to people like Trump you can lump all brown people into one because of the actions of a few. Interesting how different logic is applied by some for different issues. Thus NO logic imo.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You should take your own sig's advice about Trump and stop parroting the false witness someone else bore using convenient sound- and video-bite editing.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

So it's only when it comes to guns that this should apply? If you listen to people like Trump you can lump all brown people into one because of the actions of a few. Interesting how different logic is applied by some for different issues. Thus NO logic imo.

Gun Control has been around a lot longer than Trump( don't see the relevance) to the thread.

Gun Control Act of 1934.

Gun Control Act of 1968.

Assault Weapons Ban of the 90s.

Brady Handgun 'prevention' act of the same era.

Assault weapons ban of 2013 FAILED.

Operation Choke Point STILL going on.

No Fly, No Buy.

All pushed, and still being pushed by Trump critics.

Because of the actions of a few that have lumped everyone in to the category of they can't be 'trusted'.

So.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

You should take your own sig's advice about Trump and stop parroting the false witness someone else bore using convenient sound- and video-bite editing.

I did. I trust my ears. Not the spin that comes later.

Neo- The relevance is that the same people are saying, "Don't punish all of us for a few" while at the same time supporting a candidate that says, "We must censure all brown people because of a few." VERY relevant if one has the stones to actually see it.

(post by WAstateMosin removed for a manners violation)
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

You have zero clue what you are talking about.
You live in a country whose citizens last vestiges of freedom died years ago and are so reliant on the nanny state just to eat it's a joke.
If you think you are so free try challenging the system.
And how many stabbings has Britain had in recent years?
Should knives be banned?

Trust me the American people and their gun rights are what stands between the last snippets of freedom we have and a totalitarian Orwellian globalist Oligarchy inflicting their nightmare New World Order on the Planet.

It makes me laugh that so many naive Brits have a go at Americans and guns yet fail to understand if their grand parents did not have guns you would now be speaking German.
The 2nd amendment was written to keep Governments from turning into totalitarian dictatorships.
The biggest mass murderers on the Planet are Governments that face a disarmed population,it's called democide.

www.hawaii.edu...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

The 'spin' is what you are parroting. You obviously DO NOT remember when he said he would not take citizens' guns away, but go ahead and believe what you will. When the time comes, I never knew you. Musta been the wind or somethin'. Goodbye, troll.

Oh, ouch. Imma going to lose sleep tonight after that.
But feel free to continue to show the READER how ridiculous this defense is. I'm sure some might have been on the fence as to buy a firearm, as suggested by the article and then went, "I don't think so. Those guys make no sense."

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Neo- The relevance is that the same people are saying, "Don't punish all of us for a few" while at the same time supporting a candidate that says, "We must censure all brown people because of a few." VERY relevant if one has the stones to actually see it.

That's still a red herring because the same people that complain about Trump, and 'brown' people,

Are the very same people that are trying to equate the second amendment RIGHT to no fly, and terrorist watch lists.

Two things created SPECIFICALLY for brown people.

Trump critics certainly didn't do away with them.

And now are trying to deny their RIGHT to the second.

Creating a virtual gitmo to where people can NEVER leave that island.

You can make the topic about Trump.

Feel free.

But it's misdirection more akin to transference.
edit on 9-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree to a certain extent..But......The U.N. has a massive problem on their hands if they are tasked with dis-arming America. IMHO it cannot be done without massive bloodshed and to be quite honest a 2nd Civil War..........Remember 2nd Amendment folks cut a wide demographic through America.....Doctors, Lawyers, Cops, Military, Judges, Etc Etc Etc......And always remember military service personal give an oath to the Constitution Versus Government Leaders & unlawful orders.

With that being said. I would for sure be one to die in that particular scenario. It's there for a reason.....the 2nd Amendment........and when that day comes..it will be put to the test. At least with me & mine it will be.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Trust me the American people and their gun rights are what stands between the last snippets of freedom we have and a totalitarian Orwellian globalist Oligarchy inflicting their nightmare New World Order on the Planet.

Thank you.

If anything the globalist want the United States to be completely disarmed, perhaps some will be allowed to have hunting rifles, but that is no mach against a tyrannical government using M16, or AR15 in rounding up Americans.

I see it coming and very soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join